Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

IMHO Nidge has lost the plot....pure and simple.
    He went to the cop shop to damage them as much as himself
    Cut to a years time when he walks out of Dundrum, ready to pick off from before....
    Only he's not top dog anymore...........

Cut to a years time when he walks out of Dundrum, ready to pick off from before....

I think the whole psychosis in the jail cell is sort of like Fran's 'Ging gang goo' dance in the interview room. Its to play the 'mad' card if needed in court down the line.

From what it looked like Nidge just walked up and pissed on the milk as a sign that he is beginning to believe he is made of Teflon and cant be touched. The gardai will hold him for a while but they aren't going to waste time charging him for pissing in public (albeit on their milk) when there is loads more going on with him.

• Season 2 was the rise of King Nidge
    • Season 3 was first stormy waters he encountered
    • Season 4 was Nidge weathering those storms and coming through.
    • Season 5 will come the fall because Nidge is now believing he is untouchable.

My prediction is that Nidge will end up in either a coffin or a prison cell by the end of season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

I presume he went there to get arrested for p*ssing on their milk. That's possibly all they have on him now. Have been critical of this in all my previous posts but thought that was the best episode yet. The end was a bit hammy, a bit like Lizzie's earlier traffic accident but was glued otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

RoryMac wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if the renewal of the show for season 5 affected how this season played out. It started off this season at the usual Love/Hate 100 mph pace with the tiger robbery, tension between Fran & Nidge, Wayne teaming up with Lizzie, Moynahan trying to convince Siobhan to turn on Nidge, surveillance on the gang and it all seemed to fizzle out. Key events were built up to i.e. Fran finding out about Nidge pipe-bombing the house, Siobhan turning, Nidge no longer being of use to the IRA etc but they all seemed to tail off. The second half of this season seemed to just retrace the steps made in the first half with a few side characters killed off.

Could the Fran & Nidge end-game have been written out of this season and into season 5 to keep the story alive? As much as I enjoyed this season it seems to leave us no further along in terms of story than we were at the start.

That's a decent theory... If 5 is the last series then it's perfectly plausible that somebody recommended keeping Fran and nidge until then. Final showdown..that could have happened well into the writing of s4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Are we sure Wayne was killed by nidge though?

And would the dentist really fit in the suitcase?

Of course he was, the lad on the bike looked right at Elmo and gave a slight nod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

My prediction is that Nidge will end up in either a coffin or a prison cell by the end of season 5.

The pressures of being 'King' are eating away at Nidge bit by bit. JohnBoy went a little (more) nuts towards the end of his time. Nidge will end up dead. "Dead Man Walking" was sprayed on the walls of the cell he was in, in the final scene.

With regards to how it unravels, Nidge is in an awful spot. Fran, his partner, is volatile at the best of times and increasingly paranoid. Aido and Elmo simply aren't fit to be in this criminal gang. The Detective 'Gaffer'-Tommy-Siobhan plotline (if Tommy is stable enough) will be a big focus I'm guessing.

Everything is stacked against Nidge for Season 5. Cue his descent into absolute madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!!
    TheTrain wrote: »
    This is how I that press release looks to me...

Eamon Dunphy's wife's commitment to bland and derivative navel-gazing blah drones on and on with a lifeless new serial MEH, a four part drama set in Dublin's gangland.

Written by [interchangeable monologue-ridden Irish playwright] and starring [well-known actor’s sons] the series also features a GOLDEN WAVE.

When shouting in a kitchen ignites the tensions in a small-time drug gang, family, friends and community must live with more shouting in a kitchen.

Sometimes life is full of grey, paceless standing around with pained expressions because of the RELEVANT, MEANINGFULNESS ISSUES - especially if you and your friends are in gangland.

Gangland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

think the whole pissing /cell thing is a fast forward to next season......fran is knocked off when nidge is locked up....providing his alibi....think this happens in real life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

I don't get how nidge killed wayne because he knew too much, yet asked any young lad to kill another...weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Oh my God finally got through 40+ pages of comments! haha some of them were pretty painful!
    totally didn't See the whole Wayne thing coming. well played. And just in case ye haven. worked it out nidge ordered it.
    Tommy Jesus help him gas me heart broke that was fair skanky of nidge using him again. ya think he thinks somethin of Tommy and then he goes and shows he just sees him as collateral.
    It says a lot when a stranger thinks more of helping Tommy than his 'friends'
    I don't understand the final scene but I'm looking forward to having it explained next series.
    people seem to forget that things don't happen on a particular timeline in the show. its not a day to day thing. there can be weeks/ months pass between episodes where things happen that aren't shown.
    ie Fran didn't just fit for teeth and collect if they take weeks to make.
    the gardai quizz dentist about the shipments coming in when the episode before the dummy run hadn't even happened which shows that the set up was well and truly established.
    I sure nidge piddling on the milk wasn't the next morning after the bust.
    all in all I have to say carolan done well roll on next series.

• Advertisement

I love the show, best thing rte has ever produced, even if this was my first series! It was a bit slow though and not much happened in the episodes. Also thought the musical montages were overused.

Was there any relevance to Tommy saying to Nidge about Darren - "Sure you tried to clip him"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

kryogen wrote: »
    Not a load of bollix, what did you expect? The Gardaí to let a man (with brain damage) die on camera and sit there and watch?

Never gonna happen, it also highlights the difference in the good guys and the bad guys

YESSSSS !!!

He's a scumbag and god knows what he's done in the past regardless of having brain damage.

No way the cops would ruined a massive sting operation which cost time and money and thus risking their careers when they were soooo close to nailing Nidge and the gang.

It was a sloppy and easy way to get Nidge out. Tommy just happens to have a brain haemorrhage at the perfect time - nonsensical....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,255 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!!!

It's funny reading through the original comments - people just couldn't wait to bash the show and not give it a chance.
    Pen.Island wrote: »
    I don't get how nidge killed wayne because he knew too much, yet asked any young lad to kill another...weird.

The other young lad didn't know about Wayne's involvement in the attempted hit on the pipe bomb guy; for all he knows there any number of reasons he was to be killed.

Eoin wrote: »
    It's funny reading through the original comments - people just couldn't wait to bash the show and not give it a chance.

The other young lad didn't know about Wayne's involvement in the attempted hit on the pipe bomb guy; for all he knows there any number of reasons he was to be killed.

Yeah but the young lad could have went to the cops and said he was asked to kill someone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

the speculation and conjecture coming from the love/hate fanclub here on what is going on in the characters heads and in the background of this fictional story is getting a bit weird

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Keyzer wrote: »
    YESSSSS !!!

He's a scumbag and god knows what he's done in the past regardless of having brain damage.

No way the cops would ruined a massive sting operation which cost time and money and thus risking their careers when they were soooo close to nailing Nidge and the gang.

It was a sloppy and easy way to get Nidge out. Tommy just happens to have a brain haemorrhage at the perfect time - nonsensical....

Doesn't matter what he is or what he did. The guards couldn't stand in a court and say on public record that they allowed a man to die despite being in a position to save him.

Imagine if that story broke tomorrow in reality, it would be a PR disaster for the force and the team would be out on their ears. The guards have to do their job with ethics..they can't decide people are bad and therefore not worthy of help.

Drug dealer was shot in Limerick a few years ago while the ERU were on patrol a few hundred meters away and they still tried to save him despite him being a criminal.

How far fetched !!!

I reckon Trish is going to wake up some morning, Nigel will be getting out of the shower and Trish will realise its all been a dream. Nigel will comfort her and then head off to work as an investment banker in the IFSC, meeting his good friend Francis en route for a skinny latte and a chat about the Leinster match the night beforehand. Roish !!!

Blay wrote: »
    Doesn't matter what he is or what he did. The guards couldn't stand in a court and say on public record that they allowed a man to die despite being in a position to save him.

Imagine if that story broke tomorrow in reality, it would be a PR disaster for the force and the team would be out on their ears. The guards have to do their job with ethics..they can't decide people are bad and therefore not worthy of help.

Drug dealer was shot in Limerick a few years ago while the ERU were on patrol a few hundred meters away and they still tried to save him despite him being a criminal.

You're missing my point.

It wouldn't have happened in real life i.e. Tommy haemorrhaging at the perfect time for Nidge to get off scott free. If he was that ill he would never have been allowed out of hospital in the first place e.g. blood pouring out if his ear.

That was me battered to almost death with a golf club, my missus would have me in hospital in a flash...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Ernest Oreo

Scrappy writing in my opinion.

the whole idea that the cops are now on a level pegging (pretty much) with nidge et al is a nonsense. all they did was a bit of graffiti, beat up (kinda) a skanger, set up an undercover operation. #smalltime
    waste bringing in the 'gaffer' if not going to use him properly in the show.
    the standoff with nidge in the questioning room was just pathetic - the writers cakked it, felt they couldnt do the scene justice and left it without any dialogue.

where was this scene in the final episode where TVL left the cast / crew speechless, such was his acting / bringing the character to a new level?
    maybe i was making tea during that.

the lizzy thing (a few episodes ago) was a cakk out too. too far stretched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think the whole psychosis in the jail cell is sort of like Fran's 'Ging gang goo' dance in the interview room. Its to play the 'mad' card if needed in court down the line.

From what it looked like Nidge just walked up and pissed on the milk as a sign that he is beginning to believe he is made of Teflon and cant be touched. The gardai will hold him for a while but they aren't going to waste time charging him for pissing in public (albeit on their milk) when there is loads more going on with him.

• Season 2 was the rise of King Nidge
    • Season 3 was first stormy waters he encountered
    • Season 4 was Nidge weathering those storms and coming through.
    • Season 5 will come the fall because Nidge is now believing he is untouchable.

Dead

Nidge dead is the most logical outcome of season 5. If it is to be the last season as it is supposed to be, it would be the best way to end it anyway.

• Advertisement

Scrappy writing in my opinion.

the whole idea that the cops are now on a level pegging (pretty much) with nidge et al is a nonsense. all they did was a bit of graffiti, beat up (kinda) a skanger, set up an undercover operation. #smalltime
    waste bringing in the 'gaffer' if not going to use him properly in the show.
    the standoff with nidge in the questioning room was just pathetic - the writers cakked it, felt they couldnt do the scene justice and left it without any dialogue.

where was this scene in the final episode where TVL left the cast / crew speechless, such was his acting / bringing the character to a new level?
    maybe i was making tea during that.

the lizzy thing (a few episodes ago) was a cakk out too. too far stretched.

Who did the cops beat up?

Also can someone explain to me why Elmo was called a rat?

He was taken in, but let out without a charge sheet? SO was Fran?

Please someone explain this bit to me.

Also who was supposed to have done the graffiti?

He can be removed too if necessary, he wont be told why Wayne is going, just that he is to do it if he wants to get in, or maybe he is told its him or Wayne, whatever, Wayne has info dangerous to Nidge, Glen doesn't.

Keyzer wrote: »
    YESSSSS !!!

Tommy having his bit of blood spilling, bit too convenient
    Gardaí reaction, perfectly plausible

Fran had a charge sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Cops beat up a heavy who was sitting outside cops house to frighten him

Every one got a charge sheet bar Elmo. Obama had the notion that this would freak out nidge and co and plant the seed that Elmo talked in return for his freedom.

As part if rat campaign 2 of the cops painted Elmo is a rat msg

kryogen wrote: »
    Fran had a charge sheet

But what was Elmo supposed to have ratted about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Just general info about what gang are up to

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭metrostation

When the cops went to arrest Aido and Elmo in relation to the tiger kidnapp robbery, elmo was caught red handed with drugs in his pockets, yet didnt get charged with any offence, this led Nidge to believe he gave the cops info in return for immunity from prosecution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Once it doesn't end like The Sopranos did
    Nidge looking up and the screen suddenly cutting to black and the credits rolling
    I'll be happy enough. There's enough references, sly nods and wink-wink stuff that references other shows without THAT happening.

Personally, I don't think Nidge will be killed. I reckon the more likely scenario is a one way ticket to the Costa del Sol. Fran I reckon will get rubbed out. Ditto Tommy (if he survives). Siobhan could be another one to get it, perhaps a la The Sopranos's
    Adriana La Cerva
    , but again, is that too much of a nod?

Who knows what the future will bring. The only thing we can be sure of, is that it will take a lot to top the classic: "Fúck you, Noellie! I'm pissin' on your ma!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Did people watch the show? Some of the questions are ridiculous

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement