Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,514 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

el diablo wrote: »

Titanic.

Yes that's him, think he was on LLS or SNS last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

omfg at Darren with the Barell LMAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Good black comedy.

Can't see Nidge lasting in an upper management position for long though. He now has to kill the dipstick son and bang his missus for good measure.

Well he's up for banging anything with a pulse and she's clearly not too impressed with the buck so may well be in for some "get back" secksy time with an arch enemy. There's sex and then there's dangerous sex.

Of course theres also no sex at all, which is why we are here :pac: ahem.

I hope Nidge makes it through to the end after making it this far.

• Site Banned Posts: 33 yard_king

Lapin wrote: »
    There was considerably more violence against men depicted in tonight's show.

Anyway, like I said, if people can't handle seeing prostitution and violence portrayed in a drama, then they shouldn't watch it anymore.

No need for RTÉ to give out helpline numbers after a show like this.

i think the show does a great job at showing how utterly grim prostitution is , the RTE announcement is a seperate issue

• Site Banned Posts: 33 yard_king

Such a pity he was killed off because this series was made for Hughie (played by Brian Gleeson) from series 1 imo. Psychocotic and unpredictable, as good as the show is i think he was one of the best characters ever in it. a complete nut job.

no , glad they got rid of him , didnt like the charechter at all

• Advertisement

Good black comedy.

Can't see Nidge lasting in an upper management position for long though. He now has to kill the dipstick son and bang his missus for good measure.

I thought he was going to tell Fran to dig up the body again and kill a bullock at the end. Still, all-day breakfast.

Considerably classier looking bird then his last extra martial Fran's wife from last year i have to say.
    He wont get genital warts off her. She'd want to be careful tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

credit were credit is due. This is now a very solid series and a completely different animal to the 1st series which had all the pitfalls you,ld expect in an rte show trying to do a gangster genre and it was totally predictable.The first season was just about watchable.The second and this season are riveting.I thought they were going to drag out the tension for a few more episodes with git gradually escalating things between the son and darren. I thought git was gonna be the BIG BAD.Instead hes gone already and in a totally believable way.

I loved the way they portrayed git. Behind his sanctimonious "I live in a regular house and am a patriot " bull**** hes a cokesniffing rapist sociopath.I think that Darren is way nmore convincing as a killer now.Hes not trying to be hard hes just there quietly in the background and is prepared to do the business if needs be. Nidge was the comic relief in the first season and looked like a harmless clown but hes as ruthless as they come "siobhan go inside and have a little cry if you need to but shut up". Fran is just your stereotypical sociopath.Loved the ending.Yeah it was a bad night with serious repercussions but these guys are all ruthless killers and they dont dwell on anything too long- they are hungry and tired and want some brekkie and thats there focus at the end.Just a bad day at the office.

Nidge will probably turn up all innocent at the sons gaff "your old man said he wanted us to move some guns before he hopped in a taxi and headed for an early house" "duh".Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

comedy gold when nidge tells siobhan to shut up, "this is serious siobhan"

for a moment, i lol'd at her rape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭shooter57

great episode tonight was looking forward to it coming back . Edge of your seat stuff :eek:

I didn't think I had missed any episodes so can somebody tell me how Nidge and Fran got to be friends again ? last I knew Fran was out for Nidge's and his gangs blood over petrol boming Fran's wife ?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

Missed opportunity of the episode:

Fran arrives in, sees Git on the floor and the murder weapon.

"Dirty head on that Guinness, wha?"
    "Yeah, must have been a bad keg" - Nidge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

I find Darren totally believable, don't understand all the scepticism of his character. The way he fired the barrel at Git's head was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Amazing the way nig's Lexus just went from an 09 to an 05 plate !!!

And back to 09 at the end! Delighted to know that I'm not the only one to notice. I was starting to doubt myself for a while.

shooter57 wrote: »
    great episode tonight was looking forward to it coming back . Edge of your seat stuff :eek:

I didn't think I had missed any episodes so can somebody tell me how Nidge and Fran got to be friends again ? last I knew Fran was out for Nidge's and his gangs blood over petrol boming Fran's wife ?

Not so much Nidge though who he didnt know was the petrol bomber and Nidge has always kept Fran onside trying to smooth things over with him and distancing himself from John Boy. AFAICR he did patch things up with him and then Fran glassed one of his mates and spent time in prison. Fran now needs Nidge to help him build back up his empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Kumejima wrote: »
    Missed opportunity of the episode:

Fran arrives in, sees Git on the floor and the murder weapon.

"Dirty head on that Guinness, wha?"
    "Yeah, must have been a bad keg" - Nidge.

Not really.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1 simplesarah

can somebody tell me when tonights episode will by on rte player??

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    I find Darren totally believable, don't understand all the scepticism of his character. The way he fired the barrel at Git's head was brilliant.

I can see the point of his character.

They wanted to show his transformation from being a fairly innocent naive youngster who likes the idea of being a hard man into a fully hardened criminal. Darren has completely been sucked in by gangland and transformed from someone who was conscientious about his actions and kept away from the parties, to someone is now a walking sociopathic time-bomb with absolutely no remorse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭shooter57

Not so much Nidge though who he didnt know was the petrol bomber and Nidge has always kept Fran onside trying to smooth things over with him and distancing himself from John Boy. AFAICR he did patch things up with him and then Fran glassed one of his mates and spent time in prison. Fran now needs Nidge to help him build back up his empire.

Thanks for clearing that up , yeh I remember now Fran fell out with Johnboy I think that's what it was . Leaves me wanting more I might watch it again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Has the dialogue always been poor?

Watched a few episodes of the first series and watched it tonight and some of the dialogue acting was terrible.

The scene when Siobhan is crying and he keeps telling her shut up, couldn't tell if it was the actual actor or the dialogue, but it just seemed horribly timed. Even the last scene when he says "i'm starving" or something to that effect, the pause and dialogue when he looks at Sheehan just seemed very weird and out of sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

The episode tonight was quality tv. Fair play to rte, best drama around.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,375 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How did Dazzler lift the keg?

BTW Tommy is still very sexy :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I can see the point of his character.

They wanted to show his transformation from being a fairly innocent naive youngster who likes the idea of being a hard man into a fully hardened criminal. Darren has completely been sucked in by gangland and transformed from someone who was conscientious about his actions and kept away from the parties, to someone is now a walking sociopathic time-bomb with absolutely no remorse.

A bit like Anakin Skywalker in a way :o

Chavways wrote: »
    A bit like Anakin Skywalker in a way :o

Good analogy tbf to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Empty kegs aren't heavy, but they'd still do damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

In the next 30 minutes apparently according to their Facebook page. .

Anyone know if the eps on the RTE Player are available to view in the US, or are they viewable in Ireland only? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

yard_king wrote: »
    the RTE announcement is a seperate issue
    They should have given Nidge's number after his performance in the rape scene tonight. "Ya got a fright"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is the sister coming back this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

just occurred to me there but gits demise is quite billy battsesque

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Skerries wrote: »
    is the sister coming back this season?

Hope so I would box the head off a swan to get to her bedroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

BTW Tommy is still very sexy :p

might have been an empty one...oya give me tommy anyday :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

When Fran came to help he was driving a left hand drive car. The next scene it was right hand drive. Or maybe I'm seeing things. :p

You weren't imagining things, I copped that one straight off.

Remember in the last series Sheehan had a ronny & goatie (bum fluff) on & off too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement