Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stringofmisery

See, this is the thing with darren....i dont think he's supposed to be scary.darren is an example of a guy who started out good, got caught up in the whole scene, and over time has become a bit hardened.he does crazy **** in fits of coked-up rage, but there's always a good reason behind it eg. shooting the dog and the petrol bomb were payback for his weaker friends getting assaulted.he looks out for people, and does crazy **** when people mess with them. though the acting can be critisised as weak, and he's not scary etc,i like his character, coz you're kinda willing him out of trouble. the fact it's all a bit awkward with him, fits in with darren's character.he's also the guy whose family and girlfriend ya actually give a **** about aswell.i think there's no harm at all having some sexiness in it.he needs a new love interest though in this series.
    (female poster, need i add!)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

mackeire wrote: »
    where online can you watch the first 2 seasons?

Dont think you can but it is available on dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭crackcrack30

The guy they had the punch up in the pub with (face bitten) will get nailed for git.......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Watching it now.. wow very graphic! But awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

The guy they had the punch up in the pub with (face bitten) will get nailed for git.......

ooh i agree. His rant and subsequent beating was un-necessary to the story if it wasn't just the writer having a dig at the ra.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Jesus h Christ,just seen an advert for the next episode,rte basically showed all the good parts,now I know whats gonna happen.

Ugh they get it right for once then make a balls of it just as quick.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Next weeks trailer shows nidge with git's son.

Git's son asking him "where's my da?"

Then he punches nidge in the face..............hard to talk his way out of this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Jesus h Christ,just seen an advert for the next episode,rte basically showed all the good parts,now I know whats gonna happen.

Ugh they get it right for once then make a balls of it just as quick.....

Enlighten us so what happens?

TheBlock wrote: »

Nidge gets punched by gits son,Darren and nidge have a talk about something which might happen,I'm not gonna write it here,also a scene with tommy and his girlfriend.

Nidge gets punched by gits son,Darren and nidge have a talk about something which might happen,I'm not gonna write it here,also a scene with tommy and his girlfriend.

They'll be pushed to fit all that into 52 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i must ad that nidge pussyed out a fair few times, for such a hard man i expcted more

They'll be pushed to fit all that into 52 mins.

Ye but its like watching a film,you don't want the main points which probably take about ten mins in the actual film,told before you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,741 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

A V A wrote: »
    i must ad that nidge pussyed out a fair few times, for such a hard man i expcted more

He's messing with the IRA...if you knew they would blow your kneecaps off without blinking an eye would you be playing the hard man?

But if you have'nt seen the next episode how do you know whats featured in the trailer are the main points??

A V A wrote: »

The thing with these blokes is they just keep coming and you don't know who they all are it's not like they're a local outfit. He's a bit weasely Nidge and like most of these guys he knows when to stand and also when to back off. Unfortunatley (for him) it looks like he might take a shine to Damo's wife,he got away with that with Fran but can he do it twice?

But if you have'nt seen the next episode how do you know whats featured in the trailer are the main points??

Ah will ya stop you know what I'm getting at,I would have liked to see what happeningd to nidge with regards gits son etc when I watched it next Sunday,now I know he gets a slap for it.

To me I saw too much,can you just accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Don't they do those procession things around Pddies Day/Easter to Bodenstown and Galsnevin. Might not be a funeral at all.

It was a funeral , as I said it was filmed in Ballymun

Ah will ya stop you know what I'm getting at,I would have liked to see what happeningd to nidge with regards gits son etc when I watched it next Sunday,now I know he gets a slap for it.

To me I saw too much,can you just accept that.

I think you just had a rant about them showing all the good bits and how you new what was going happen in the next episode and RTÉ had made a bollix of it. How do you suggesst RTÉ promo what will be they most expensive Drama they commission this year?

Karen23 wrote: »
    It was a funeral , as I said it was filmed in Ballymun

Was that for the next episode though? and more importantly was it Gits?

I think you just had a rant about them showing all the good bits and how you new what was going happen in the next episode and RTÉ had made a bollix of it. How do you suggesst RTÉ promo what will be they most expensive Drama they commission this year?

Eh by not showing the outcome of the events which stood out on the show last night...

Simple.

• Advertisement

Eh by not showing the outcome of the events which stood out on the show last night...

Simple.

So you think Nidge getting a punch in the face off Damo is the outcome? Think there'll be a bit more to it than that.

So you think Nidge getting a punch in the face off Damo is the outcome? Think there'll be a bit more to it than that.

Ye probably in a few episodes,but I bet you that's as far as it goes in the next episode,I was looking forward to seen if nidge could talk his way out etc,now I know he doesn't.

Plus I said there was other things,but I won't disclose them.

Talk to you Monday so.

Talk to you Monday so.
    Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why do you want spoilers in the thread? If people are going to discuss trailers for forthcoming episodes stick them in spoiler tags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

I liked last night's episode. I liked the bit with Nidge in the car getting the call from Git after the attack & then thinking he's was about to get it when he saw the car behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Karen23 wrote: »
    I think its brilliant , definitely one of the best shows on tv at the moment.

Those who don't like it and complain about the acting , storylines and basically anything they can find to give out about , why do you watch it ??

Welcome to the Boards.ie TV Forum, the home of people with nothing better to do than watch shows they hate so they can come on to the internet and bitch about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

_blank_ wrote: »
    Welcome to the Boards.ie TV Forum, the home of people with nothing better to do than watch shows they hate so they can come on to the internet and bitch about them.

:rolleyes:
    There's a difference between valid criticism and bitching. Stop behaving like somebody had ripped your Justin Beiber poster, man up and counter the criticism objectively and maturely. Who knows, maybe the producers are reading and will avoid the problems next time. The 3 series prove they are on a learning curve, do you not think? I and others certainly do.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

Love Hate is a decent show ...Too much of Darren & Rosie in Season 2 i'm sure it will make a comeback this season yet tho.....Fran is class tho...They should of based the series on him and Nidge and Feck Darren.

P.S Mary is smokin hot !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Great episode :)

Love the fact when they were getting rid of the body they drove past Git's pub :) you couldn't see it but they did .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement