Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    There was a deeper meaning to Ray tipping off Lizzie to warn Darren IMO.

He knew there would be an almighty bloodbath coming down the tracks. Far from being stupid, he realised that he himself and all the rest of them on the other side would be unlikely to survive. He would have been in a philosophical mood at the time as well having just won the compo claim after 7 years.

He saw the possibility of Darren and Lizzie walking away from the lifestyle so he gave her the tip. He’d have loved to walk away and save himself of course but knew that could never happen as he was in too deep with his RIRA comrades. Doing a runner himself would have meant certain death. There was a fatalistic quality to the scene - I thought it was very well written and acted.

Sorry for being pick but its CIRA the grooup Dano is with

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

I think the actors playing Dardn and Tommy should just have been switched.

Tommy has a bit more a cold, violent look about him where as Darren is eye-candy to the ladies (apparently) so it'd make more sense for him to be the womaniser.

No way. Tommy is (was) the eye-candy in this, much better-looking than Darren. Hope Tommy's face makes it to the next series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

No way. Tommy is (was) the eye-candy in this, much better-looking than Darren. Hope Tommy's face makes it to the next series

Really? According to my mrs all the ladies love him and there's facebook fan pages about him.

Hmm. I suppose you'll find whatever it is you're looking for on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭eamor

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    There was a deeper meaning to Ray tipping off Lizzie to warn Darren IMO.

He knew there would be an almighty bloodbath coming down the tracks. Far from being stupid, he realised that he himself and all the rest of them on the other side would be unlikely to survive. He would have been in a philosophical mood at the time as well having just won the compo claim after 7 years.

He saw the possibility of Darren and Lizzie walking away from the lifestyle so he gave her the tip. He’d have loved to walk away and save himself of course but knew that could never happen as he was in too deep with his RIRA comrades. Doing a runner himself would have meant certain death. There was a fatalistic quality to the scene - I thought it was very well written and acted.

I read this scene as a suicide note from Ray. He was all gung ho about getting his compo...almost laughing it off..Talking about throwing a party, handing cash around. But when Dano made a joke about what the priests did, you could see the flash of pain in Rays eyes. When he warned Lizzie to give Darren the heads up, I really felt that he knew he wasn't going to be around for much longer....my tuppence and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

How the hell is donna going to retract her statement with no hair??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Fran to Nidge

"How are you so calm? Your like a Zen Warrior there" :D

Reckon Fran is up to something. He is being too nice/reliable etc to Nidge. Perhaps he is behind the John-boy email.

I think maybe Nidge will try kill Siobhan making it look like a suicide (remember him shouting how she's depressed in the police station) and then Darren will kill him or at least they'll fight -maybe Darren will die. Nidge could then blame Git's murder on Darren and it would also mean that Darren can't tell Fran about what Nidge did to Linda (was that her name?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

Wear a hat, go in dressed up like she's off to the Galway races :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Really? According to my mrs all the ladies love him and there's facebook fan pages about him.

Hmm. I suppose you'll find whatever it is you're looking for on the internet.

All the main characters have a Facebook page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

is news weeks episode the last of the series?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

I totally missed Lizzy being told to give Darren the heads up , when was this. Im dying with the flu so I was doped up last night watching so maybe thats why I missed it!

Im still loving it , Little things do bug me like that fact that Darren hasent changed his clothes in 4 weeks. He ran out of his flat and never went back , what about all this stuff? Is he still paying rent?!

Is Siobhan not wondering why Nidge hasent been in to see Tommy?

All in all its Epic and I cannot wait for next Sunday already , I feel like im wishing my life away since it started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

MidlandsM wrote: »
    is news weeks episode the last of the series?
    Yes it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

KKkitty wrote: »
    Yes it is.

...ahhh, thats a pity...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Loved last night's show but have to say I found the pidgeon scene at the end hard to watch. Dunno what it is but I can watch the scenes with people been beaten up and murdered no bother but scenes like this and the swan scene really get to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Q_ueeny wrote: »
    Im still loving it , Little things do bug me like that fact that Darren hasent changed his clothes in 4 weeks. He ran out of his flat and never went back , what about all this stuff? Is he still paying rent?!

I'm guessing he's got a direct debit set up or he's paid his rent months in advance.

Can you imagine how boring the series would be if they worried about things like that?

"Ok Darren you've got to clip this lad."
    "Hang on. I've got to go sort out my rent and ESB bills. I'll be back after lunch."

*Cut to scene of Darren waiting in line in the bank!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I think most people would agree with you Happyman that Darren does not belong in this production at all. He is the wrong actor for the character. I think another actor would have portrayed the Darren role a whole lot better.

I'm setting up the Continuity Darren is not that bad a character as most people say Association.
    Im suprised theres any time to deal drugs with all this going on.

Real life criminal bosses hardly stand on street corners dealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm guessing he's got a direct debit set up or he's paid his rent months in advance.

Can you imagine how boring the series would be if they worried about things like that?

"Ok Darren you've got to clip this lad."
    "Hang on. I've got to go sort out my rent and ESB bills. I'll be back after lunch."

*Cut to scene of Darren waiting in line in the bank!*

lol I know but these are everyday things , maybe not so much the rent but the fact he went flying out and didnt even close the door behind him and has'nt been back since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Can't see how Donna retracting her statement will help nidge,the gards are already onto him now,sure why was he arrested in the first place?

Can't see how Donna retracting her statement will help nidge,the gards are already onto him now,sure why was he arrested in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Q_ueeny wrote: »
    lol I know but these are everyday things , maybe not so much the rent but the fact he went flying out and didnt even close the door behind him and has'nt been back since!

Ah shure all these lads know the Gardai always lock a place up after searching it! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I'm setting up the Continuity Darren is not that bad a character as most people say Association.

Real life criminal bosses hardly stand on street corners dealing.

but surely he has daily tasks like bringing them in and extorting money and the like, surely his business is suffering due to all this hassle with the ra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I think the pivotal scene of this weeks episode and it is fairly clear to me that it will feature large in the final episode was Nidge telling Fran that Darren hears voices. He has set it up in Fran's mind that Darren is delusional so that if Darren does tell Fran what he knows (and he will, the old shotgun on the wall in the 1st act means it will be used in the 3rd Act syndrome) then Nidge can put it down to that and buy some time. (probably selling out Fran to McGinley)
    I think the final episode will involve a sell-out or perhaps a series of sell-outs involving Darren, then Nidge, then Fran. Who gets their final paycheck is the thing, if I was a betting man I would wager on Darren and Siobhan being cut down in a hail of bullets as they run together and Nidge rendered powerless but full of revenge for the next series. Darren is more and more redundant to the series imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

She will get the sides all shaved and will look like many a young one walking around these days, not uncommon in her walk of life :D

what happened to ray that he got the compo was he abused by priests? also what did he die from, was it a suicide? also why is frano helping out nidge, i know he gave him a few quid at the start but surely he has his own crime to be getting on with?
    whats the story with danos auld lady, does she know they are in the ra?

It looks to me that the solicitor is eyeing up taking over from nidge, i'd say it was him who sent john boys powerpoint images to nidge, also there was huge emphasis on ado's bird not getting the call to bring in the budgie, i think the solicitor didnt ring ado's bird at all and hes going to stitch nidge up and take over himself, he was a friend of john boys and nidge wasnt too nice to him at the end of the last series when the solicitor was trying to get john boys money for the daughter, or maybe darren or frano is in cahoots with the solicitor to bring down nidge but i think its more lightly that the solicitor is doing it on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,140 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

what happened to ray that he got the compo was he abused by priests? also what did he die from, was it a suicide? also why is frano helping out nidge, i know he gave him a few quid at the start but surely he has his own crime to be getting on with?
    whats the story with danos auld lady, does she know they are in the ra?

It looks to me that the solicitor is eyeing up taking over from nidge, i'd say it was him who sent john boys powerpoint images to nidge, also there was huge emphasis on ado's bird not getting the call to bring in the budgie, i think the solicitor didnt ring ado's bird at all and hes going to stitch nidge up and take over himself, he was a friend of john boys and nidge wasnt too nice to him at the end of the last series when the solicitor was trying to get john boys money for the daughter, or maybe darren or frano is in cahoots with the solicitor to bring down nidge but i think its more lightly that the solicitor is doing it on his own.

Was abused by Priests yeah, was mentioned in a joking sort of a way, his sister said the doctors think it was sudden adult death syndrome.

I think you will not be too far off as regards the solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

Johnboy kind of threatened him towards the end before he died though. He also doesn't seem like the type, he's a solicitor, can't imagine him wielding a gun, doing drug deals and running a gang, doesn't seem to have his own cronies to help run it either

darren is obviously still paying rent as nidge now gave him 3 grand and he is still broke and he doesnt spend it on clothes anyway, in fairness wouldnt ya think he would pop into pennys and get himself a few hoodies and jocks he must be rank or even get a lend of a few of tommys, he probably pays the rent by direct debit and puts it in via the quick lodge in the bank so he wont be held up.
    also why is ado still living in a kip surely with all the work he does for nidge he can afford something better, or maybe nidge doesnt pay too well, and frano surely he would want paying at this stage, still living in a caravan driving a shook auld van and nidge livign in a big house and a nice jeep, surely the other lads would start kicking up, also tommy started out with a 5 series bmw in the first series then had a honda accord and now has an old audi a4, doesnt make sense...

Why is nidge casually walking about known Dano is looking for him?

Fran having gits bones will definitely have some meaning next week,just can't figure out what it is.

Godot. wrote: »
    Hope her and Darren get together :)

Lizzie is a mingbox. Go with the Siobhan option.

thiarfearr wrote: »
    Johnboy kind of threatened him towards the end before he died though. He also doesn't seem like the type, he's a solicitor, can't imagine him wielding a gun, doing drug deals and running a gang, doesn't seem to have his own cronies to help run it either

i dunno maybe he wouldnt run the gang himself but put someone in to run it for him, maybe john boy had another brother or something or frano could really know about nidge and linda and is just playing nigde at the minute because in fairness frano is a bit passive this series compared to what he is capable of...
    but there was such an emphasis on the budgie phone call and the powerpoint of john boy that there hes to be something up with the solicitor...

• Advertisement

glasso wrote: »
    Lizzie is a mingbox. Go with the Siobhan option.

yea siobhan would be a good option and sure tommy could go off with the red minger when he gets out of the hospital

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement