Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Loved last night's show but have to say I found the pidgeon scene at the end hard to watch. Dunno what it is but I can watch the scenes with people been beaten up and murdered no bother but scenes like this and the swan scene really get to me.

and what about poor Aido's budgie?

It was a harrowing episode for the avian-compassionate viewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Yes that touched a nerve too brought back memories of my old Budgie Giuseppe :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

its hard to watch the animals get hurt because they cant defend themselves whereas say the likes of tommy getting throttled, well he is a scumbag who would dish out the same thing himself

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

As for the John Boy slide show. Nidge quite clearly said that John Boys sister sent it over to remember him by. It has nothing to do with the storyline other than being ill timed for Nidge as he is feeling the pressure of where John Boy was at when he was on the top.

The solictor didnt send it, fran didnt send it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

its hard to watch the animals get hurt because they cant defend themselves whereas say the likes of tommy getting throttled, well he is a scumbag who would dish out the same thing himself

- and what about the mental young lad in the last series with the swan?! :eek:

That was the worst one IMO

- and what about the mental young lad in the last series with the swan?! :eek:

That was the worst one IMO

that broke my heart cos swans mate for life and the other swan was just looking on as it was happening:( Glad that Luke fella got what was coming to him!

Happyman42 is like the proverbial food critic who is criticising the food and the menu, yet the fact he has watched all 5 episodes would suggest that he has licked the plate clean on the first two courses and is eagerly awaiting the dessert and tea/coffee :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Thought it was quite a good episode.:) Interesting to see the dark side of Fran again. I was a bit puzzled why Donna went anywhere near the guards if she couldn't tell them anything anyway.
    The scene where Ray talks about the compensation money due to being abused by a priest was a good topic for them to highlight.
    God, that scene with Darren in the bed! *Swoon* If I was Siobhán I wouldn't have taken no for an answer! :D I wonder will Nidge actually go after Siobhan? Not once since the rape in this season have we seen him speak to her.
    It was funny as well to see Nidge in that interview room, he seemed like such a psycho the way he was laughing! :eek:
    So glad when I saw Darren punch Nidge, I'd just been waiting for it. And when Nidge said he'd be happy if someone shot him now I thought so would I Nidge, so would I!:pac: I suppose the John Boy email was kind of a foreboding 'You'll be next' sort of thing?
    It's funny how the other two IRArrr lads suspected that Git may have well raped Siobhan when they heard the rumour. Clearly everyone but Dano can see he was bad news! The thing about Git's wife being glad he's gone might be true. Also, 'Me ma, Me da' is really starting to grate on me!:p
    But the real victims in yesterdays episode were definitely those pigeons and the budgie! Felt so sorry for Aido!:(
    Looks like next weeks episode will be some cracker!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

but surely he has daily tasks like bringing them in and extorting money and the like, surely his business is suffering due to all this hassle with the ra

He has made repeated references to being absolutely broke when trying to get money owed off Nidge. So yeah, all their business seems to be suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

glasso wrote: »
    Lizzie is a mingbox. Go with the Siobhan option.

I'm fairly strongly of the view that the actress who plays Lizzie is brilliant, and I think she is one of the strongest and most interesting characters on the show.

I also think the girl playing Donna is brilliant. That scene at the end last night where she was picking up her hair was very strong.

Siobhan is an extremely pretty girl, but I find her a bit one dimensional.....she always has this grim tense look to her.

But in general I'd say the acting has been top notch. Fran in particular of the blokes.

Fair play to all involved.

Wonder will Elmo have a big part to play yet? He will be baying for revenge after what they did to his cousin and after they trying to set him up?

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    I'm fairly strongly of the view that the actress who plays Lizzie is brilliant, and I think she is one of the strongest and most interesting characters on the show.

I also think the girl playing Donna is brilliant. That scene at the end last night where she was picking up her hair was very strong.

Siobhan is an extremely pretty girl, but I find her a bit one dimensional.....she always has this grim tense look to her.

But in general I'd say the acting has been top notch. Fran in particular of the blokes.

Fair play to all involved.

Acting ability is not being questioned or relevant to this point.
    Darren would no doubt rather jump the bones of the attractive Siobhan than the unattractive Lizzie. That's the point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Short, but insightful, interview with her
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/lovehate-star-rejects-criticism-that-the-female-characters-are-victims-3322785.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Why is nidge casually walking about known Dano is looking for him?

Fran having gits bones will definitely have some meaning next week,just can't figure out what it is.

The bone is evidence of a killing and who it was ( DNA) If nidge and fran had got rid of all the evidence there would be nothing linking them to the rape/murder, but the fact Fran has the bone might in the end bring the whole gang down?

Of course a confession from Siobhan might be enough, but without the body, it might be harder to get a sentence against the gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

Does anyone else think Dano looks like the guy from transporter?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Mac-Chops

I was unashamedly delighted watching that scene 'coz she's as irritating as a sweaty arse.

The fact she annoys me so much is probably credit enough to her acting skills though!

And Fran can't be faulted at the moment so humor easily outweighed the strength of the scene for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭ollaetta

ThisRegard wrote: »

Yikes! Not everyone is a fan of the series, have a look at the comments below the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

ollaetta wrote: »
    Yikes! Not everyone is a fan of the series, have a look at the comments below the article.

:)Yeah, worth a laugh - gangsters may not be up on the auld equality issue. And they can be violent. I'm so upset and shocked.
    Looking forward to Dave McSavage doing a PC version of Love/Hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

The bone is evidence of a killing and who it was ( DNA) If nidge and fran had got rid of all the evidence there would be nothing linking them to the rape/murder, but the fact Fran has the bone might in the end bring the whole gang down?......

What if Fran gets killed, with the bone on him, and the cops and the IRA all believe that Fran killed Git, and the gang get away with it.

Just thinking about the dead birds - According to some character's comment in the episode, Git's neck was broken. And then that's how his birds die, broken necks. Now Aido's budgie has frozen to death. I wonder if that foreshadows some storyline where Aido will end up homeless and freeze to death.

:)Yeah, worth a laugh - gangsters may not be up on the auld equality issue. And they can be violent. I'm so upset and shocked.
    Looking forward to Dave McSavage doing a PC version of Love/Hate.

I love the Savage eye but there is nearly some moments in Love/Hate you'd get a bigger chuckle out of

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

from looking at the ad for next week, id say nidge is going to do a runner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭thiarfearr

What if Fran gets killed, with the bone on him, and the cops and the IRA all believe that Fran killed Git, and the gang get away with it.

Just thinking about the dead birds - According to some character's comment in the episode, Git's neck was broken. And then that's how his birds die, broken necks. Now Aido's budgie has frozen to death. I wonder if that foreshadows some storyline where Aido will end up homeless and freeze to death.

If Aido dies he better have a good sendoff, going down in a hail of bullets taking ra lads out all over the place, I'll be disappointed if he just dies in the cold

what happened to ray that he got the compo was he abused by priests? also what did he die from, was it a suicide? .

Well i consider Jagerbombs a form of slow suicide to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

ollaetta wrote: »

That's Happyman's other personalities at work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Well next week, will we see someone die. Its a given I reckon to end this season. Who will it be? It could be Tommy, he might die while in coma. Nidge has his excuse then, blame it all on him and that he found out Tommy killed Git and beat him up over it.

But it could be a character we wouldn't expect like the way John boy was killed off. I'm finding it hard to say I wouldn't miss any of them out of it. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I basically thiink Nidge is too smart for Danno and wont be caught out by him.

Fran is too strong a character to kill off.

Danno's girlfriend was conspicously quiet last night, hard to believe she doesnt have a role to play in it still.

Darren.....hard to say.

A few of the wimmin will be killed for sure.

Thats my predictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Theres a very good article in the christmas edition of Hot press about Love/Hate.

Interestingly, it says the writer is keen to focus more on what happens inside a prison in a future series. So perhaps we wil see one of the main characters getting a long jail sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Is Tommy really a hunk? A Frankenstein-come-knacker haircut and one tone of voice. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement