Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JSB review as circumstances have changed

• 14-07-2010 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Basically I was unemployed for a few weeks about 2 years ago. I got a job so received back payment which equaled €68 a week a per means test. I live at home with my parents and at that point one of them was working.

At the end of December of 2009 I unfortunately had to sign on again but at this stage my circumstances had changed (I live with my parents and both of them are unemployed now too). I went in expecting the same sort of interview/means test. Instead I was advised that I would be put back on the €68 I was on 2 years ago and that my claim would be put up for review and that this would be the quickest way to get the money I'm entitled to (which I believe is €150). I've been getting €68 since then.

Anyway, almost 7 months on, and several trips to the social welfare office to try to find out when it would be sorted, nothing has been resolved.

Every time I went in they advised me that it says on the system it is up for review but that they don't anymore than that and when it does go through my money will just go up. I spoke with a supervisor a month ago and he said he's not familiar with the case and that he doesn't understand why I've been waiting so long. He got me to fill a review form again and said he'd put a note and it would be sorted in 2-3 weeks but it hasn't. I went in again last week and the lady at the hatch said she'll look into it and call me. She rang me a few days later telling me the same thing that they told me before I spoke to the supervisor for months.

Sorry for the long post but I really don't know what to do from here. It seems like they're giving me the runaround. If I'd made a fresh claim originally it'd be sorted by now.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Advertisement