Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Is anyone having trouble remembering HOW to study after TY. I have this Biology book and Chemistry in front of me and I know I can't just read it because thats a waste of time but its too complex for mind map things. What do I do? Today 18:59

I didn't even do TY and I'm finding it hard to study :(.. have you tried making notes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Is anyone having trouble remembering HOW to study after TY. I have this Biology book and Chemistry in front of me and I know I can't just read it because thats a waste of time but its too complex for mind map things. What do I do?

What kind of study methods did you use before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

OMG ye are all after medicine..
    I feel soo stupid now. Ye must all be so brainy :eek:

I'm not :D ! Aiming for Business and Law, only decision is Trinity or UCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

storm2811 wrote: »
    What kind of study methods did you use before?

Brainstorms mostly. Its fine for the simpler chapters, but a bit useless for the arrangement of the electron, because thats giant and complicated.

Brainstorms mostly. Its fine for the simpler chapters, but a bit useless for the arrangement of the electron, because thats giant and complicated.

Maybe try drawing a few diagrams, write down a few notes and look over it?
    I don't know, everyone has different study methods, I usually just read, draw and write.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

What are you after? :)

I'd like to do Pharmacy. Or anything science related. But i'll kind of have to see when i have mor eof an idea of the grades i'll be able to get.

Having said that i'm gonna take the Hpat for craic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Decided what to do for my research project in history already \o/

So glad I didn't do history. It has soooo many books :eek:

So glad I didn't do history. It has soooo many books :eek:
    We only have one book (and another next year)... which we haven't actually opened yet. I <3 my history class though, we have the best teacher and end up having conversations about how the popes got syphilis...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

5th years not going too badly now at all as I'm really starting to make an effort at studying and learning every night. I've been averaging about 1.5 to 2 hours a night for the last two weeks like. We're flying along in all the subjects are are working at both Hamlet and Ms. Boland at the same time. Getting to grips with the hamlet anyway and spitting out the quotes like a mad man bar Monday morning when my brain was still getting over the sights of a rally I'd been at on Sunday (Yes shock horror I'm a Cork man that didn't watch the All-Ireland!!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

It's really starting to get hard for me now. I mean, I've been doing homework and studying for class tests religiously, and today and yesterday have been awful. I feel like all I ever do is school work.
    Woe is me

It's really starting to get hard for me now. I mean, I've been doing homework and studying for class tests religiously, and today and yesterday have been awful. I feel like all I ever do is school work.
    Woe is me

Its tough alright. And its so hard to find the time to do anything else. All my evenings are blocked up, as are my weekends :(

Its tough alright. And its so hard to find the time to do anything else. All my evenings are blocked up, as are my weekends :(
    Same, I never have time for anything else. I seriously don't know what is wrong with me though, all I'm doing is my homework it it takes over 2 hours. It really makes me feel awful because I feel like I've learnt nothing. I have to study for tests every other evening. And ugh, thank god my weekends are full. I go to sleep for about an hour or two too after school (shut up, I get reeeeally tired :rolleyes:) and then my evening is just absolutely gone - there's barely enough time for personal hygiene.

Same, I never have time for anything else. I seriously don't know what is wrong with me though, all I'm doing is my homework it it takes over 2 hours. It really makes me feel awful because I feel like I've learnt nothing. I have to study for tests every other evening. And ugh, thank god my weekends are full. I go to sleep for about an hour or two too after school (shut up, I get reeeeally tired :rolleyes:) and then my evening is just absolutely gone - there's barely enough time for personal hygiene.

I'm the same like but I've started going into the library inside in town some days after school to do my study and homework in utter peace. Really helping so far

Irish is too hard :(

A chairde, ta an teanga Gaelach deacair i gcomhair gach duine ach bionn bhlian go leith agat chun a bheith reig i gcomhair do ard theist. Alan t-am hahahahahaha

Gnáthleibheal ftw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Agreed! There's so much to do! :mad:

This.

I was ranting about it in C&H, I don't think I've ever talked about crack cocaine in English, why the hell do I need to know it in Irish? I know there's a step up in every subject for LC at the one in Irish seems massive...

M&S* wrote: »
    Agreed! There's so much to do! :mad:

See my main problem is like my content/speaking is really good, I can hold a pretty good conversation, but my grammar is appalling. Its not things like verbs I can just go learn either, its the things that when you ask the teacher they say "Thats just the way it is" and there are letters all over the place and its an file not an bhfile and all my sentance structures/conjuctions are wrong and I simply don't get it:( I've tried learning stuff off but its too much to learn off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

just wondering how much time everybody spends on homework and any study combined?i do two hours after school study which usually just about gets my written homework done but have some kind of activity every weekday after study!i want to do primary teaching which means i need 480 points......this seems a bit beyond my capabilities to be honest...

Irish is too hard frown.gif

I never thought I'd say it but irish is IMPOSSIBLE :eek:.. I just can't believe the big step up from the JC and I can't afford to go down to pass as I'm going down to pass maths (another subject which is impossible :eek:). Kill me now.
    just wondering how much time everybody spends on homework and any study combined?i do two hours after school study which usually just about gets my written homework done but have some kind of activity every weekday after study!i want to do primary teaching which means i need 480 points......this seems a bit beyond my capabilities to be honest...

I'm getting more and more homework as the days go on :(.. Ya I would do an average of an hour and a half to two hours and also have some kind of activity everyday. I barely spend a half an hour on study because I just don't have the time and I'm wreaked :(.. I think the weekend is the best time to study..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

WEEKEND!!!

Excuse me. So how have we all coped with the first 3 chapters biology test? I won't be having it until next week.

WEEKEND!!!

Excuse me. So how have we all coped with the first 3 chapters biology test? I won't be having it until next week.

Thank god it's the weekend :D

Haha I doubt i'll have a biology test at all this year with the teacher I have :rolleyes:

We haven't really been doing much work outta the book in biology so I don't know what chapter we're on or how many we've done!
    Right now we just finished osmosis and started enzymes and catalysts yesterday.
    How much have ye done so far?
    Test on Wednesday..dun dun dun..:p

Oh and many higher subjects are ye taking?
    I'm only doing 4. :/

We haven't really been doing much work outta the book in biology so I don't know what chapter we're on or how many we've done!
    Test on Wednesday..dun dun dun..tongue.gif

Ya thats what we did today enzymes, catalysts etc.. I think it's around chapter 5. Good luck with the test!

I was taking 7 higher but I'm moving to pass maths on Monday so then I'll be doing 6.. What are your higher subjects?

Ya thats what we did today enzymes, catalysts etc.. I think it's around chapter 5. Good luck with the test!

I was taking 7 higher but I'm moving to pass maths on Monday so then I'll be doing 6.. What are your higher subjects?

Thanks!
    I'm finding biology easy enough though, our teacher really gets into it.
    Yesterday he started jumping around the place pretending to be enzymes and stuff at body temperature and then starting walking and talking in slow mo acting out how they'd be when in colder temperatures. Oh, and he's about 56.:pac:

7?:eek: Good luck with pass maths, it'll be a breeze!
    I'm doing higher level English, Home Ec.(hopefully!), Biology and History.
    I'm just no good at German and Irish and I find some aspects of maths really hard so I kind of need to do pass in them.

What language are you doing?Or do you do engineering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

storm2811 wrote: »
    Test on Wednesday..dun dun dun..:p

We get like max 2 tests per year with our biology teacher :D Unfortunately it's fairly boring...............

Doing 7 honours and hope to keep them all up! Dropped LCVP today though, thank God!

Thanks!
    I'm finding biology easy enough though, our teacher really gets into it.
    Yesterday he started jumping around the place pretending to be enzymes and stuff at body temperature and then starting walking and talking in slow mo acting out how they'd be when in colder temperatures. Oh, and he's about 56.pacman.gif

7?eek.gif Good luck with pass maths, it'll be a breeze!
    I'm doing higher level English, Home Ec.(hopefully!), Biology and History.
    I'm just no good at German and Irish and I find some aspects of maths really hard so I kind of need to do pass in them.

What language are you doing?Or do you do engineering

Ya biology isn't too bad. Our teacher is a bit crazy though :rolleyes: and god she knows how to roar :eek:.. Haha he's 56 and he jumps around the place :D I would love to see him :pac: Is history not really hard? :eek:

Ya I suppose it's a lot alright but I kind of want to do 6 :pac: Ya I'm finding honours maths IMPOSSIBLE so I said i'd drop down. And irish is really hard too :(. I'm doing french which isn't too bad so far. Our french teacher is brilliant :). No i don't do engineeing thank god. Do you?

• Advertisement

Doing 7 honours and hope to keep them all up! Dropped LCVP today though, thank God!

Do you do honours maths? :eek:
    Ya I'm thinking of dropping LCVP too because our teacher is awful :(

Advertisement