Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Princessxx wrote: »
    Poor strawberry head biology teacher :P
    It's egg-shaped, you retard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

It's egg-shaped, you retard :P
    depends how you look at it silly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

The sad thing is, I actually like biology, I find human anatomy really interesting, my biology teacher just ruins everything.

Me too but our teacher just makes everything soooo complicated :(. Seriously thinking of moving to accounting. Anyone here do accounting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Me too but our teacher just makes everything soooo complicated :(. Seriously thinking of moving to accounting. Anyone here do accounting?

Yep. I quite like it so far, but wouldn't do it if you haven't done JC business.

Yep. I quite like it so far, but wouldn't do it if you haven't done JC business

Ya i did JC business and got a B. Not great at maths though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

My girlfriend loved business in junior cert but just changed from accounting to chemistry cause she couldn't stand accounting... But that could have been me bigging up chemistry.

I have an excellent Biology teacher its fantastic :) I don't particuarly enjoy the subject anymore, the whole class is just scared for their lives, she's a maniac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

They WOULD announce that they're changing the consumer relations section just as we finish studying it <_<

My girlfriend loved business in junior cert but just changed from accounting to chemistry cause she couldn't stand accounting... But that could have been me bigging up chemistry.

Ya see thats what i'm afraid of that i'll change to accounting and hate it :(
    They WOULD announce that they're changing the consumer relations section just as we finish studying it <_<

WHAT????? :eek:

Ya see thats what i'm afraid of that i'll change to accounting and hate it :(

WHAT????? :eek:

We have to study the Consumer Protection Act 1977(?) instead of the Consumer Information Act, you don't have to all that Director of Consumer Affairs stuff anymore and they've changed some other acts as well. Seems really stupid to announce it now tbh

We have to study the Consumer Protection Act 1977(?) instead of the Consumer Information Act, you don't have to all that Director of Consumer Affairs stuff anymore and they've changed some other acts as well. Seems really stupid to announce it now tbh

Oh my god our teacher just gave us a load of notes to learn on them :(.. I bet no one will even tell him about this ugh!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

How much study is everyone doing? Plus how the hell do you study Irish :(?

How much study is everyone doing? Plus how the hell do you study Irish :(?

Right this minute? None. In general...er, still none. I promised myself I'd work this year but I'm just falling back into third year patterns of just doing written work and inexplicably still doing well in class tests :(
    Also, I really can't motivate myself to write a page on whether Patrick Kavanagh deserved his memorial bench...

I'm a bit worried because I seem to be getting tops an hours homework, and I can't seem to get more than an hours study until I run out of stuff to do. Everyone in my year is like 'OMG I was up allll night doing homework' and I'm like yeah I'm done at 7 :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I'm always finished my homework at 5.30 most I don't think there's any need to start studying yet?

YES! Everyone on facebook is like 'Uh sooo much work, I hate fifth year' and I'm grand. Maybe we're missing something <_<

Maybe we're just geniuses... :P

Are we supposed to be studying?I've been finished since 5 and it gets worrying when you hear people saying they don't finish everything till 8 or 9

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Are we supposed to be studying?I've been finished since 5 and it gets worrying when you hear people saying they don't finish everything till 8 or 9

I'm pretty sure we are (should be doing 3 hours a night including homework) but I don't have enough to study and I haven't a clue how to study subjects like Irish or English. I've gotten everything we've done so far done in Chemistry and Biology, notes written on Phyics and I can do all my maths, but I'm worried I'm only studying subjects I like :P

And I want my maths and Physics teacher back, she's been gone all week. :L

Ya think I'm the same I study for class tests like biology and geography but not Irish and I never learn the English poetry quotes..might start properly after the midterm :P

I only get like an hours homework and i'm doing no study. I promised myself that I would but it hasn't happened yet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm doing none at all really.... and i agree it is ridiculos that i'm doing next to no homework and no study and still getting 80% + in class tests. And then when you compare class tests to exam papers i struggle to even understand them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I finished all my physics notes! I have never been this organized in my life, I even have folders this year!

Physics is actually such a nice subject, I don't know why it gets such a hard rap because its fairly easy as things go. The other nice thing is that you can revise in your everyday life, like I don't regularly run into strontium salt flames, but I see mirrors every day and it reminds me of how they work and stuff! I'm just happy with my subject choices, I was so worried about physics! :D

I didnt even run into stronthium salt flame in chemistry, someone gave it to 2nd years and there ws none left . . .:mad:

I'm always finished my homework at 5.30 most I don't think there's any need to start studying yet?

There is a need to study, especially if you're not getting much homework. I dont finish til 9.30 most nights, starting at 5.30 . . .

I didnt even run into stronthium salt flame in chemistry, someone gave it to 2nd years and there ws none left . . .:mad:

Oh i feel so awful now... When i was finished with my chemistry salts i poured them all down the bunson burner so it lights up in wonderful colours next time you use it....

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash.c

glad to see there's a few in the same boat here...

really startin to realise TY was the biggest waste of time ever,findin all this work so hard to get used to..

doing english irish maths french biology business and home ec
    Finding home ec really hard, everything else ok, have sh*t irish and french teacher so can already see myself needing grinds!!

ash.c wrote: »

really startin to realise TY was the biggest waste of time ever,findin all this work so hard to get used to..

Finding home ec really hard, everything else ok, have sh*t irish and french teacher so can already see myself needing grinds!!

I wouldn't have been able to skip ty and go straight to fifth year... I loved ty.

It must be horrible to have bad teachers for language.

ash.c wrote: »

HERE HERE!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GGGareth

My biggest regret was not doing any work last year in 5th year. Lads, do the work now. Trust me. It will make everything so much easier for you next year. I'm a month in now and realizing the amount of stuff I have to go over that I should have just done last year is killing me a little.

GGGareth wrote: »
    My biggest regret was not doing any work last year in 5th year. Lads, do the work now. Trust me. It will make everything so much easier for you next year. I'm a month in now and realizing the amount of stuff I have to go over that I should have just done last year is killing me a little.

Thanks. Yeah i know i'v been told that so many times. I'm happy enough with fifth year so far. :cool:

Caca Milis is an awful, awful film. Just saying...

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    Caca Milis is an awful, awful film. Just saying...

It sounds awful.

Advertisement