Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I'm finding Higher Level Irish really hard, I think I can live with the poems etc but I find Foinse impossible...I've been given a comprehension and I can't understand any of it really..Is anyone else in 5th year finding this problem?

Ya I find it really hard 2 :( I think everyone does tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Fellow chem students, look what I found! :D

http://www.sciencequiz.net/lcchemistry/index.html

Now all they need is physics and chemistry and I'm set!

Cheers, i'll actually probably possibly maybe hopefully use this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Fellow chem students, look what I found! :D

http://www.sciencequiz.net/lcchemistry/index.html

Now all they need is physics and chemistry and I'm set!

Are you doing chemistry AND physics and chemistry?a lot of colleges dont let you count both . . .

Nicole. wrote: »
    I'm finding Higher Level Irish really hard, I think I can live with the poems etc but I find Foinse impossible...I've been given a comprehension and I can't understand any of it really..Is anyone else in 5th year finding this problem?

Foinse's not too bad i can understand most of it . . .not word for word, but i understand what is generally being said . ..

Are you doing chemistry AND physics and chemistry?a lot of colleges dont let you count both . . .

They probably meant Biology. Schools wouldn't let you do phyischem and chemistry. I should hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

lol brain fail, I meant biology :P XD

So a month in is everybody happy with there choices? I'm personally delighted with chemistry and Biology, but geography is awful...

So a month in is everybody happy with there choices? I'm personally delighted with chemistry and Biology, but geography is awful...

Much happier than I was expecting to be honest. I was unsure about physics and now its definitely one of my favorites. I like chemistry and biology-just don't like my teachers that much (Chemistry teacher is appalling, Biology teacher doesn't like me). French is turning out good as well, which is nice as I hated it for the last two/three years as my teacher TERRIFIED me. :eek: The three sciences is definitely not too much, I'm so glad I didn't do business or economics.:cool:

Much happier than I was expecting to be honest. I was unsure about physics and now its definitely one of my favorites. I like chemistry and biology-just don't like my teachers that much (Chemistry teacher is appalling, Biology teacher doesn't like me). French is turning out good as well, which is nice as I hated it for the last two/three years as my teacher TERRIFIED me. :eek: The three sciences is definitely not too much, I'm so glad I didn't do business or economics.:cool:

I am also glad i didn't take a business subject. German was a pleasent suprise cause i dind't like it, but the new teacher is cool and it's a small class. I'v also taken music outside of school, which is alright so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

5th year is going great. Except for the Irish. Man I hate that subject :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Is anyone else stressing about points already and spending like every waking hour crying because they know that they won't get them? Well metaphorically, but you know...?

Is anyone else stressing about points already and spending like every waking hour crying because they know that they won't get them? Well metaphorically, but you know...?

Class tests are stressing me, because I view them as like a build up to what points I get. I'm trying not to think about it :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Our Christmas tests start in November, this is not normal. Most of my subjects are good: I love History even though the learning's going to pile up, business can get boring but the law parts make me happy and biology's grand like, I'm not a science person really. I swear I'll have to take up an 8th subject next year because of Irish though, I'm seriously questioning how I got a B in the JC because I can barely form a sentence now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I'm glad I only took on the seven, it's enough to be honest. I've still a good social life and time to myself thankfully. Hope it keeps on going well.

My subjects are grand now that i'm out of economics. . . I hated it, and ag science is so much more interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Skittleee

Please don't tell me I'm the only one who still hasn't recovered from TY..

Fifth year is killing me.

I'm taking music as an 8th subject. It's okay. If you don't play an instrument or sing I'd recommend ag science (you need a teacher for this though) or applied maths if your handy at maths.

Skittleee wrote: »
    Please don't tell me I'm the only one who still hasn't recovered from TY..

Fifth year is killing me.

I think I'm still recovering from ty hangover more than anything :rolleyes:

Namlub wrote: »
    Our Christmas tests start in November, this is not normal. Most of my subjects are good: I love History even though the learning's going to pile up, business can get boring but the law parts make me happy and biology's grand like, I'm not a science person really. I swear I'll have to take up an 8th subject next year because of Irish though, I'm seriously questioning how I got a B in the JC because I can barely form a sentence now...
    That's better in a way though, you'll have less stuff covered and so less stuff to revise!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Wow, Havn't been around these parts in a while. Been way tooo busy with school for my liking. Still struggling away with Higher everything and tipping away nicely although Hamlet quotes may be the end of me. I've a test on our 72 Scene 1 quotes on Friday and I'm dreading it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Out teachers have gone bloody nuts on tests, I've Irish on Fri, two poems and one story. English play, half way through the damn thing and good old chemistry! Roll on June 2012!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Starting to think maybe doing TY would've been a good idea, so much homework in fifth year!

I'm so sick of history, my teacher rambles on about the most irrelevant things (black & white moths, and then we couldnt leave til he finished). My essay on Stalin will not be easy. I wish I chose phys/chem, it sounds easy. :P

Otherwise it's not so bad. I was literally having nightmares about 5th year! D:

My biology teacher doesn't like me and my English teacher is a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

That's better in a way though, you'll have less stuff covered and so less stuff to revise!

I knowwww, it just seems too soon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Does anyone else feel like they have been back for ages and already want Summer 2011 :o

My biology teacher doesn't like me and my English teacher is a prick.
    I have **** teachers for Irish, Biology and now Chemistry too. :/
    Princessxx wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel like they have been back for ages and already want Summer 2011 :o
    I want summer 2010 tbh

I feel like an idiot. Why did I have to take 3 sciences? I could have just been sensible and taken something easy, but nooooo I had to be cool and do something unusual like take all of them. I hate when my own ****ing pride makes me do unbelievably dumb things.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

I feel like an idiot. Why did I have to take 3 sciences? I could have just been sensible and taken something easy, but nooooo I had to be cool and do something unusual like take all of them. I hate when my own ****ing pride makes me do unbelievably dumb things.
    Is there any way you can change from one of them to another subject? I know it might be to late but you never know?

But in some ways I don't want to move, because I think its such an interesting subject. I just can't get my head around the mathsy questions, which is even more irritating because I thought I was good at maths. LC is making me feel like I'm crap at everything :(:(

• Advertisement

My pride's making me stay in chemistry when I really should move because my teacher is absolutely awful and I'm gonna get an NG for it the LC if she keeps carrying on like this.

Advertisement