Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

My pride's making me stay in chemistry when I really should move because my teacher is absolutely awful and I'm gonna get an NG for it the LC if she keeps carrying on like this.
    just keep in mind <named teacher> is back next year and those 8 weeks of revision will be good for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

LC is making me feel like I'm crap at everything :(:(
    I think lots of people feel like that at this stage. You'll get your head around it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

The physics course is quite short, you'll have loads of times for revision. It is a lot of work but classes like geography or history can be equally as depressing. It's not too late, just decide soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I think I over-mathsed my calculator. I had it on sci mode, then I reset the whole thing, now inverse sine won't work!:eek:

I am in a less **** mood now, myself and physics have made up and we are friends again :P

I think I over-mathsed my calculator. I had it on sci mode, then I reset the whole thing, now inverse sine won't work!:eek:

I am in a less **** mood now, myself and physics have made up and we are friends again :P

Glad to hear it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 yamadeejit

Test tomorrow on the appeal of Bolands poetry. Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

@Cray: I sorta made amends with biology and chemistry today too : D
    Just finished learning loads of Hamlet quotes. Did anyone else spend over half of their day working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

yamadeejit wrote: »
    Test tomorrow on the appeal of Bolands poetry. Any help?

appeal or lack of?:pac:

[QUOTE=Coeurdepirate;6843951
    Just finished learning loads of Hamlet quotes. Did anyone else spend over half of their day working?[/QUOTE]

not one moment of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Day off today :D

Anyone else going to the UCD law talk on Wednesday?

• Advertisement

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Day off today :D

Anyone else going to the UCD law talk on Wednesday?

No :( damn I would LOVE to go :( we're going to DKIT on Friday though.

not one moment of it :(
    What's with the sad face? I'm jealous! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Reading my comparatives today. Is lovely having a Monday off! Also studying the three Irish poems we have done, our teacher gives us tests on Mon (Tues this week) so we study over the weekend, smart one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

5 bloody pages on hamlet as a highly complex character. . . :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

5 bloody pages on hamlet as a highly complex character. . . :eek:

Already? How far have your class gone in the play?

So pissed off today, I missed my last maths class Friday because I had a football game but the teacher told me we would be having a test Monday. Of course, no one decides to tell Alison the test was changed to Tuesday and she spent the whole weekend doing maths questions and just being nervous in general for it :mad:

Just can't wait for midterm now, a weeks break is needed now!

Ally7 wrote: »
    Already? How far have your class gone in the play?

So pissed off today, I missed my last maths class Friday because I had a football game but the teacher told me we would be having a test Monday. Of course, no one decides to tell Alison the test was changed to Tuesday and she spent the whole weekend doing maths questions and just being nervous in general for it :mad:

Just can't wait for midterm now, a weeks break is needed now!

Honours Maths?

We have tomorrow off cause of 6th year ptm :D

I can't believe people are getting to go to open days, i asked the guidance teacher about it today but she's new, and has can't control our class and doens't even know our names so i'm not putting money on it...

A week off is certainly needed. Maths test tomorrow (pass though), English test the day after, Business test on Friday... Jesus, 5th year is stressful.

A week off is certainly needed. Maths test tomorrow (pass though), English test the day after, Business test on Friday... Jesus, 5th year is stressful.

I love the pass maths tests it's basically a free class, doing an extra subject outside of school is great i got a C in one of the maths tests and my teacher was way angry and all "Coming in honours maths you should be putting in just a little bit of work and getting an A1 in every test!!. To which i replied, "I couldn't care less!" and skipped out of the class. Happy days. :rolleyes:

I love the pass maths tests it's basically a free class, doing an extra subject outside of school is great i got a C in one of the maths tests and my teacher was way angry and all "Coming in honours maths you should be putting in just a little bit of work and getting an A1 in every test!!. To which i replied, "I couldn't care less!" and skipped out of the class. Happy days. :rolleyes:
    Pass maths is fantastic. A2 with no work : D

How bad is honours Irish? I'm moving up tomorrow?

Omg good luck because IMO it's near impossible! And I got a B in HL for junior cert! But sure hopefully it'll work out for you :)

• Advertisement

yamadeejit wrote: »
    Omg good luck because IMO it's near impossible! And I got a B in HL for junior cert! But sure hopefully it'll work out for you :)
    Really? :/ All I need is a C1 though. **** it, I'll move up and if it's too hard I'll move back down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Honours Irish is impossible but give it a go anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DavidKelly1

School is really beginning to annoy me now.. I got kicked out of study for asking what the Geography homework was!! >:(.. So fu***** raged!!. And we've been doing Hamlet about 3 weeks and only finished Act I Scene II today!.

On the plus side I got an A2 in my English Essay and 100% in my Geography test!. Only good thing to come out of this shi** week

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

Doing Tír na nÓg in hons irish, just wondering, is this kinda thing on the leaving? It seems impossible, having to concentrate reallly hard to know what the hell is goin on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Honours Irish is impossible but give it a go anyway.

Honours Irish is not impossible, it just requires a good amount of work, just like any honours subject! It won't be easy, couerdepirate, but by working hard m sure you're capable of keeping honours Irish up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Is anyone else still doing Geibheann or is my class just incredibly slow? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

We have four of the ordinary level poems done in Irish now and one prose almost finished. Test tomorrow morning on the poems. She's a devil for the tests but must be spending hours correcting them as there are some amount of comments, unlike my English teacher who two weeks after an assignment gives it back...with a tick! Jeez...
    As for honours, give it a realistic go, it's easy once the oral and tape are done well, the prose and filiocht is really not worth much. I can send on my notes once I do them in grinds. So far they're great so here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

drop irish and keep maths at higher level...irish is a disgusting subject at LC level.

Ally7 wrote: »
    Honours Irish is not impossible, it just requires a good amount of work, just like any honours subject! It won't be easy, couerdepirate, but by working hard m sure you're capable of keeping honours Irish up :)
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'm just glad that for HL Irish 2010 there are only 5 poems and 5 pros as opposed to 17 and 10 respectively...
    I'm willing to put in the work, but my standard of Irish is terrible because I've had **** teachers ever since first year. The main reason I'm moving up is because the honours Irish teacher is brilliant : D
    We have four of the ordinary level poems done in Irish now and one prose almost finished. Test tomorrow morning on the poems. She's a devil for the tests but must be spending hours correcting them as there are some amount of comments, unlike my English teacher who two weeks after an assignment gives it back...with a tick! Jeez...
    As for honours, give it a realistic go, it's easy once the oral and tape are done well, the prose and filiocht is really not worth much. I can send on my notes once I do them in grinds. So far they're great so here's hoping.
    Thanks again for encouragement! :D All everyone says is that it's impossible... Do you know what kinda stuff we'll be asked about in the oral?
    Thanks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 CosmicPoison

Gah, Im in 5th year, with a major TY Hangover :( it actually sucks like xD

Advertisement