Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I just spent the last half hour talking to myself in Irish. I feel like a crazy person:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I just spent the last half hour talking to myself in Irish. I feel like a crazy person:P

I do it in French all of the time XD And if I don't know a word I say it to myself in English with a French accent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I do it in French all of the time XD And if I don't know a word I say it to myself in English with a French accent :rolleyes:
    Bon jour, Monsieur Clouseau! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

@fewtinsofroth: Having a flick through the Sylvia Plath selection I thought the same. Lady Lazarus and Daddy aren't there, they're my favorites :/

I would imagine lady lazarus is included nearly every other year though.

Bon jour, Monsieur Clouseau! :pac:

Bonsoir Monsieur longue corne!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

So aiming to get to A standard in my languages this year and other three next (low A, high B now) Would ye agree with this as a tactic?

Does anyone know when the new Irish course is getting sent to teachers? I want to practice exam questions for poetry but I can't if I've nothing to work off :S

Does anyone know when the new Irish course is getting sent to teachers? I want to practice exam questions for poetry but I can't if I've nothing to work off :S

My teacher gave us a list of all of the questions that can be asked on Geibhann and An tEarrach Thiar.. there's around 10 for each. Do you want them?

My teacher gave us a list of all of the questions that can be asked on Geibhann and An tEarrach Thiar.. there's around 10 for each. Do you want them?

That would be brilliant if its not too much work for you! :):)

That would be brilliant if its not too much work for you! :):)

It's no problem! There's only like 10 questions so it wont take long... I'm still in the process of typing up the actual notes on the poems for people -.-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Finally got an Irish essay back with no grammar errors, I even got an exclamation mark with the 'an-mhaith ar fad'. So apparently all I need to do so I don't fail miserably is learn off the entire book and transcribe it to look like an essay -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

Anyone doing french and german?....i love em

gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    Anyone doing french and german?....i love em

I hate them, if that's any good to you? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Another 6 page english essay this weekend . . adrienne rich this time . . .:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I just summarised the Nuremberg rallies in 2 pages, with 3 pages from the book. We didnt even ****ing do it yet, I hate my history teacher, he's hopeless. :mad:

And I dunno if I did well in my last business test....I knew nothing, its so boring. :pac:

Robert Frost essay, yay. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

Hey!

Wondering if someone could perhaps help....the optimum pH of catalase? My book says it is 9, but the internet and the fact it is a human enzyme would seem to point more toward 7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Hey!

Wondering if someone could perhaps help....the optimum pH of catalase? My book says it is 9, but the internet and the fact it is a human enzyme would seem to point more toward 7?

We use plant catalase, not human catalase (which is good because otherwise it would be creepy!).
    The syllabus is always right! Even when it isn't. My teacher pointed out something to us before that would get us crucified in college but is the anwer in the LC.

And wiki says
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The pH optimum for other catalases varies between 4 and 11 depending on the species
    Celery, rhubarb and other usual sources for catalase are all in and around 9.

Aoifums wrote: »
    We use plant catalase, not human catalase (which is good because otherwise it would be creepy!).
    The syllabus is always right! Even when it isn't. My teacher pointed out something to us before that would get us crucified in college but is the anwer in the LC.

And wiki says
    Celery, rhubarb and other usual sources for catalase are all in and around 9.

Doh! Thanks....stupid moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I'm probably going to be shot for saying this but I got more work done today that in a long time as had nothing else to do, snow til Christmas!

I'm probably going to be shot for saying this but I got more work done today that in a long time as had nothing else to do, snow til Christmas!

Me too! Was going to go Christmas shopping but its cold and slippy and I don't the bus driver in the snow :P

Christmas is kind of being taken over by exams though, which is sad because I keep going yay Christmas and then its **** exams :S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My exams are all this week and then we have another two and a half weeks of school before the holidays which is...askew though. Also means teachers will have the chance to give us homework for the Christmas holidays -.-

And yeah, I should really be studying history right now but the essays coming up aren't ones we've prepared for and I don't know how I'm supposed to plan and write two in an hour and three quarters...and I like history :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ciaran112

5 page book report on wuthering heights for tues :o

nice 1 :mad:

Aoifums wrote: »

You don't use human catalase though, You use animal liver. :o

Our teacher was explaining that we always use plant catalase, cause animal is just messy. Then everybody demanded to use it, and we used both in the end.

How much have people got done in Chemistry? We only have like 3 chapters done and its Christmas, so I'm wondering should I start moving along myself. We have the History of Atom chapter, periodic table chapter and Chemical formula chapter done in Chemistry Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yamadeejit

How much have people got done in Chemistry? We only have like 3 chapters done and its Christmas, so I'm wondering should I start moving along myself. We have the History of Atom chapter, periodic table chapter and Chemical formula chapter done in Chemistry Live.

We've done Atomic theory/history of the atom, periodic table, radioactivity, rates of reactions, electronic configuration chapter and we're almost finished the chemical formula chapter. It seems like we probably rushed through them all but we have done them properly coz my teachers awesome :D

We have little enough done too, History of Atom/Arrangement of Electrons in the Atom, Periodic Table, Volumetric Analysis Acid and Base, and on Rates of Reaction now.

We've done 1-5 and the experiment in 6, simply because we hadn't done one in ages. (I'm referring to the anion test, which is horrific.)

So we are fairly behind then....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

We have the book Chemistry Live as well. So far we have chapters 1 - 6 done, The Mole Concept and Properties of Gases and my teacher's planning to have Stoichemetry (sp?) done by Christmas. We have a very small class though (only 5) so we work fairly quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Fhfm

Im in 5th year and i had to start in the middle of the course with the 6th years(only 4 5th years do chem) and all i've done so far is Fuels and heats of reactions(C21 i think)

Advertisement