Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

BagheeraK wrote: »
    :O You have no idea how lucky you are... We have 2 doubles and a single a week, with the single being all art history. I didn't do art for my JC so I'd kill for some more practical classes.

Ahh same amount of classes here but we do loads of practical, doing puppets atm in the doubles and calligraphy in the single class, think we're doing some art history after xmas though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Moke wrote: »
    Damn that's lucky. We're still having 2 hour long tests, in most subjects we haven't finished what we have to study yet...tests start on thursday. Irish is the only one I know I'll do bad in though

Are mine just early, they were over 2/3 weeks ago. Already have all my results back and everything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

RHRN wrote: »
    Are mine just early, they were over 2/3 weeks ago. Already have all my results back and everything...

How did you get on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Nah same, ours finished last week. Only have Biology, Business and Maths back so far though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Moke

Namlub wrote: »
    Nah same, ours finished last week. Only have Biology, Business and Maths back so far though :)
    Wow really? I'll be getting my results in about January. Tests start on Thursday, not looking forward to Economics.

• Advertisement

How did you get on?

605 :D (counting the 25 bonus points for maths)
    A1 - Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English
    B2 - Spanish, Religion, App Maths, Irish

Was hoping for App Maths higher, but really I can't complain, I'm delighted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Physics is hard! The motion chapters are so badly laid out, I can't follow anything.:mad:

Physics is hard! The motion chapters are so badly laid out, I can't follow anything.:mad:

Do you do applied maths? Its alright I think if you've done, apparently its just an easier version of it...

Haven't done the motion in physics myself yet, we did the light chapters, now the more detailed light/sound waves... then doing motion i think

Yeah I do applied maths and I'm ok at it, there just seems to be different formulas about force that applied maths doesn't have. Its just difficult to find where anything is. :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Had my music test today and it was damn hard :(
    Tests offically start for me next tuesday. Dreading them :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

a little bit of luck and 6 inches of snow and we might have no tests at all! :D

Bit late to be starting Christmas tests innit? Hmmm...technically our holidays start on Thursday but I'm not going in. So close, but so far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Namlub wrote: »
    Bit late to be starting Christmas tests innit? Hmmm...technically our holidays start on Thursday but I'm not going in. So close, but so far :(
    Mine don't start til Monday either. Saw your results in another thread btw, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Im praying to god that we wont have our tests monday-wednesday due to this weather, I haven't even started studying yet!:eek:

Not that late is it? Our tests are always the last few days before we finish . . .

Mine don't start til Monday either. Saw your results in another thread btw, well done!
    Yeh probably just my school and their weird ass decisions... Awwh ty, good luck with yours! :)

Is there a trick to getting the part c's on the HL maths right? I look at the solutions and they're fairly obvious but I can never do it on my own :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Not that late is it? Our tests are always the last few days before we finish . . .

Well they are Christmas Tests. I was surprised so many people had already gotten their results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Ok so I'd say our teachers were snowed in all weekend or something as they've all given back the tests today with really detailed feedback. I'm pretty happy but I wonder are the results anywhere on a par with the Leaving. They offered tips but a few of us left as we didn't want them so I didn't know what was up on them but obviously is only about a quarter of the courses so eh...easier.

Drum roll please,
    580 points, actually no word of a lie I'm peeved cos I really thought I worked my ass off. I dunno sometimes, got 100% in my Gaeilge, he he! And same in psychics. But was annoyed with English.

How are the rest of ye fairing? I'd do anything to get 600 next year.

If I get over 400 in these tests my life will actually be perfect. I did so little study :(

• Advertisement

Have one more test left tonmorrow.. Can't wait till it's over :D

Have one more test left tonmorrow.. Can't wait till it's over :D

Mine finished today, trust me, tomorrow is gonna be the biggest relief of your life! :D

Is it just me or were these tests about seventy times more stressful than the JC?

Mine finished today, trust me, tomorrow is gonna be the biggest relief of your life! biggrin.gif

Is it just me or were these tests about seventy times more stressful than the JC?

Awh you're so lucky. I know I can't wait. I'm sooo sick of them.
    Ya i didn't think they would be as stressful. For me their definatly not as bad as the JC. Wish I'd studied for them though :(

Not sure if you've an interest but free lesson by my grinds lady online just since yesterday if interested. I'm fricking wrecked but still going to book in for it as is in a month! All ya need is a mic and webcam. Feicfidh mé thú ansin!!! Pass on the word cos she is paid to do free classes and she will do more if the demand is there and is well worth making sure she gets more classes to do. If you've any questions or anything she's very good at answering what you actually ask, unlike many teachers! PM me for details cos I don't want messers joining up and ruining my classes with her, I need an A1 for medicine so am throwing myself into the languages this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

My report arrived today, I did a lot better than I should have given the amount of studying I've been doing :o
    A2 in maths woo :D

tests all went grand and now . . . i'm free!!! til the 10th of january!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

How much study is everyone doin?

Three hours a day, quality not quantity. Plus a mock Irish and mock French oral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BagheeraK

3 hours a day!! ..fair play! I've done zero so far, apart from a bit of night before cramming for the Christmas tests, it's been great :D

• Advertisement

I want 6 A1s, end of. I'm prepared to work for them. I generally fo 11-1 each morning and an hour in the evening. It's not hard and I'm hoping I'll be ahead going back. I'd love to go away for 6 weeks this Summer so I won't have time then and might aswell do it now.

Advertisement