Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

I was really happy with my results....
    Music 88 (90)
    French 82 (85)
    German 91 (100)
    Business 82 (85)
    English 75 (80)
    Irish 76 (80)
    520 overall i want to maintain this......i believe i can really get these results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Pretty happy with my results, made some really stupid mistakes. I missed out on an A2 in Physics because I didn't see two of the questions and missed out on an A1 in chemistry by 6 marks (because she never told me I was doing my dot cross diagrams wrong)

Chemistry: 87% (A2 90)
    Physics: 83% (B1 85)
    Biology:93% (A1 100)
    Maths: 86% (A2 115)
    English: 76% (B2 80)
    French: 87% (A2 90)
    Irish: 81% (B1 85)
    Applied Maths: 50% (D1 55)

Never thought I'd pass Applied maths, so pleased with that. Thought I'd get an A1 in French and Chemistry though, bit annoyed at that. Altogether (including HL maths bonus points) I got 555.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    Music 88 A2 90
    French 82 B1 85
    German 91 A1 100
    Business 82 B1
    gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    Music 88 (90)
    French 82 (85)
    German 91 (100)
    Business 82 (85)
    English 75 (80)
    Irish 76 (80)
    520 overall i want to maintain this......i believe i can really get these results.
    Pretty happy with my results, made some really stupid mistakes. I missed out on an A2 in Physics because I didn't see two of the questions and missed out on an A1 in chemistry by 6 marks (because she never told me I was doing my dot cross diagrams wrong)

Chemistry: 87% (A2 90)
    Physics: 83% (B1 85)
    Biology:93% (A1 100)
    Maths: 86% (A2 115)
    English: 76% (B2 80)
    French: 87% (A2 90)
    Irish: 81% (B1 85)
    Applied Maths: 50% (D1 55)

Never thought I'd pass Applied maths, so pleased with that. Thought I'd get an A1 in French and Chemistry though, bit annoyed at that. Altogether (including HL maths bonus points) I got 555.

Uh ohes! I said I did **** by boards standards, everyone here is a genious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Anyway, my results were:
    English: 72 (75pts)
    Irish: 60 (65pts)
    Maths (OL): 68
    French: 75 (80pts)
    Chemistry: 78 (80pts)
    Business: 50 (55pts)
    Biology: 70 (75pts)
    That's 430 if I've counted properly, aiming for 470 in the LC, delighted with that though, especially Business, I only studied like 1/3 of what we had to study biggrin.gif

You said you weren't clever. Like 430 is brill :eek:. I've only gotten two back. Like how long does it take to correct Xmas tests :rolleyes:

You said you weren't clever. Like 430 is brill :eek:. I've only gotten two back. Like how long does it take to correct Xmas tests :rolleyes:

Well compared to everyone else here like! :P When did you do them? I think my school was the only school in the country that didn't close at all in December. I'm happy now that my tests weren't cancelled then though tbh, I'd hate to be doing them this week :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

I'm fairly chuffed with mine aswell... well apart from english because we had this ****ttttty sub >:[
    English 65%
    Maths 89% 115
    Irish 94 100
    french 93 100
    german 89 90
    history 89
    chem 94 100
    bio 100 100

605 i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Meh, I didn't really study so I did kind of crappy, never really paid much attention to xmas tests.

Well compared to everyone else here like! tongue.gif When did you do them? I think my school was the only school in the country that didn't close at all in December. I'm happy now that my tests weren't cancelled then though tbh, I'd hate to be doing them this week :/

Well there waaay better than what I've gotten back so far.. I think a lot of study is going to be done for the rest of this year :(.. I did mine around the 20th of December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

This is going to sound weird but I hate the way some people here feel by boards standards their results are not good enough to discuss. I'm naturally bright and find school easy but have loads of other issues. My bestfriend in school gets about half the, 'points,' I do but I'd gladly swap with him. He's so popular and just such a confident person, sometimes I feel we underestimate the importance of such things. So basically what I wanted to say is that the day we become the sum of the points we acheive would be a sad day, some of ye have given me great advice and believe it or not there are days I'd swap 90% for 45% and a bit more confidence. For some 200 points will get them a lot further in life than double or treble that cos ye have the personality to carry ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭IveSeenFire

This is going to sound weird but I hate the way some people here feel by boards standards their results are not good enough to discuss. I'm naturally bright and find school easy but have loads of other issues. My bestfriend in school gets about half the, 'points,' I do but I'd gladly swap with him. He's so popular and just such a confident person, sometimes I feel we underestimate the importance of such things. So basically what I wanted to say is that the day we become the sum of the points we acheive would be a sad day, some of ye have given me great advice and believe it or not there are days I'd swap 90% for 45% and a bit more confidence. For some 200 points will get them a lot further in life than double or treble that cos ye have the personality to carry ye.
    Ehhhh, popularity is overrated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

My Parent teacher meeting was going swimmingly on tuesday, B's in chemistry, biology and construction i was happy :)

Sat down with my irish teacher, her first words "He's mitched over 30 classes this year, and failed his irish test" :o I'm in pass irish....

My Parent teacher meeting was going swimmingly on tuesday, B's in chemistry, biology and construction i was happy :)

Sat down with my irish teacher, her first words "He's mitched over 30 classes this year, and failed his irish test" :o I'm in pass irish....

Oh man, I don't wanna sound like a dry sh!te or anything but I mitched half of second year and it was a total balls like, was behind in almost everything!

One of the things I insist on doing before I turn 18 is mitch a class. I have never mitched a single class in my entire life, not even in TY!!

One of the things I insist on doing before I turn 18 is mitch a class. I have never mitched a single class in my entire life, not even in TY!!

Same :/ 'Cept the people who mitch in my school tuck their trousers into their socks... And that ain't a good look for me ;(

Well there waaay better than what I've gotten back so far.. I think a lot of study is going to be done for the rest of this year :(.. I did mine around the 20th of December.
    Doubt that! And my business and biology tests were easy :)
    Are you serious? :O
    God, I used to be such a little divileen in 2nd and 3rd year :rolleyes:
    Eased down a bit in 4th year, dossed like a class or two a day from around mid september til november until I got caught and barely did after that.
    Haven't so far in 5th year cause my school has this new computer thing that they send up the roll on in every class so they know if you doss :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Hah, I did for the first time in an actual leaving-the-premises way this year but it involved an elaborate story about the dentist, I'm too mad :rolleyes: My school isn't the type where you can just leave, there are cameras <_<

Namlub wrote: »
    Hah, I did for the first time in an actual leaving-the-premises way this year but it involved an elaborate story about the dentist, I'm too mad :rolleyes: My school isn't the type where you can just leave, there are cameras <_<

There are cameras in mine aswell, but so long as you've got the right teacher on the right day, nobody actually cares, because of the amount of people actually mitching, when our principle found 30+ people behind the gym smoking this week, all he could say was "Head off back into class so."

Safety in numbers :P

Namlub wrote: »

Ugh we have cameras as well, can't have any fun anymore.

Hah, I did for the first time in an actual leaving-the-premises way this year but it involved an elaborate story about the dentist, I'm too mad rolleyes.gif My school isn't the type where you can just leave, there are cameras <_<

We don't have any cameras in our school :rolleyes:

We have that computer roll call thing now so if you go missing the office knows immediately :S

• Advertisement

Call me stupid but how does the points thing work for the LC. Eg Is 66% 70 points? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Call me stupid but how does the points thing work for the LC. Eg Is 66% 70 points? :confused:

If your stuck knowing what percentage is a b1 or b2 this website has it all pretty clear :)
    http://theleavingcert.com/points-calculator/

http://theleavingcert.com/leaving-cert-points-system/

M&S* wrote: »
    If your stuck knowing what percentage is a b1 or b2 this website has it all pretty clear :)
    http://theleavingcert.com/points-calculator/

-__- bitch getting in before me ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

patar wrote: »
    -__- bitch getting in before me ;D

Haha snap :p

To make anyone who didnt get over 500 points feel better I'll post my results :)

All higher:
    Irish - B1 = 85
    Maths - D3 + bonus? = 70 (probably not but I don't care)
    Biology - A1 = 100
    Geography - B2 = 80
    French = B3 = 75
    English D1 = 55
    That's 465 which I'm pretty happy with seeing as I didn't do a music exam and am hoping to get a high grade in it which will hopefully boost that number up another 20 points, long way to go yet.

Thanks M&S and patar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 maemaeve16

haha yes my english teacher got it wrong,told everyone to buy macbeth and then tells us its Hamlet!!annoying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I've got Chemistry this year with NO previous experience and same goes for ART.
    I need 580 points and my grand total can only be 590.

I've got Chemistry this year with NO previous experience and same goes for ART.
    I need 580 points and my grand total can only be 590.

How can your grand total only be 590? Chemistry is not exactly easy, but with the marking schemes and all, a practical or possible A1.

As for Art? I don't think anybody could ever bank on an A nevermind an A1. Maybe. take an 8th subject?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

How can your grand total only be 590? Chemistry is not exactly easy, but with the marking schemes and all, a practical or possible A1.

As for Art? I don't think anybody could ever bank on an A nevermind an A1. Maybe. take an 8th subject?

Well, the problem I have is..
    I just came to Ireland 2 years ago, I started in Transition Year, I had NO idea about Leaving Cert system...At the end of the TY, the ''intelligent career guidance'' woman said that I need higher level Maths and it was too late to be done, now I'm stuck with ordinary level.
    Plus being from Asia, I have No Irish and no French which leaves me out of those two...I've been exempted from Irish but I need a forgein language..Now I'm trying to contact my old school regarding my own language results in which I got 96%.

Advertisement