Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

CianDon wrote: »
    Havn't been round these parts in a good while. How are ye all? Shocking to think it's already mid february. Where's the year gone. Since christmas the whole work load across all subjects has sort of sky rocketed. We've finished Hamlet and are doing about 2 exam questions a week now in English. We've 2 Irish poems done and 2 pros nearly done along with a good rake of oral work. We finished the line now in Maths now aswell.:D

Appl maths we're nearly done projectiles, german is still hammering away at Grammar :mad:, doing regions in Geography, waves in Physics and then doing SolidWorks at the minute in DCG. It's not that bad really oh and this time next week it's MIDTERM :D:D:D

Welcome back!

Does anybody have any tips for writing English poetry notes? I want to make notes on each poem that has everything I need to know, but I do t know what kind of stuff I need to know and what gets asked on them. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

I just highlight important lines, learn them and then designate them to different themes.

Is anyone using a textbook for English paper 1? I'm thinking of getting one, and I'd some a recommendation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Is anyone using a textbook for English paper 1? I'm thinking of getting one, and I'd some a recommendation!

We're using something called "Complete paper 1" I think?
    It's not bad now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

We use words, written by the woman who makes up the lc English papers, Celtic press I think. It's pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Thank God it's finally midterm, a wekk off is well deserved! Anyone have any plans? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Study Study Study!!!!

Except not really :) u?

Study Study Study!!!!

Except not really :) u?

I suppose I'll have to do a bit of study, have two tests after the midterm plus my parent teacher meetings are coming up! But otherwise I'll just be catching up on a lot of sleep :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I suppose I'll have to do a bit of study, have two tests after the midterm plus my parent teacher meetings are coming up! But otherwise I'll just be catching up on a lot of sleep pacman.gif

I've a maths test when I go back. KILL ME NOW :( So gonna fail. Have a good bit of homework too. Anyone else get homework for the midterm? :(

I've a maths test when I go back. KILL ME NOW :( So gonna fail. Have a good bit of homework too. Anyone else get homework for the midterm? :(
    I have to study 2 chapters of business for a test on the Monday we're back, and I'm about 5 experiment write-ups behind in chemistry.

• Advertisement

I'm about 5 experiment write-ups behind in chemistry

Ya I've a good few experiments to write up for biology :(. 'Forgot' to bring my book home though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I have a lot of homework too, and a maths test when i go back aswell :(
    What is your test on?

I have a lot of homework too, and a maths test when i go back aswell frown.gif
    What is your test on?

Trigonometry and calculus :( What's yours on?

Trigonometry and calculus :( What's yours on?

Ouch! Mine isn't too bad, it's just the circle! I should be fine. We haven't gone on to those yet, are they difficult?

Ouch! Mine isn't too bad, it's just the circle! I should be fine. We haven't gone on to those yet, are they difficult?

Ah you're lucky. Wanna swap places? :P.. Am well trigonometry is from the new project maths so it's not too bad but the calculus is hard :( Haven't a clue of any of it :rolleyes:..

Ah you're lucky. Wanna swap places? :P.. Am well trigonometry is from the new project maths so it's not too bad but the calculus is hard :( Haven't a clue of any of it :rolleyes:..

I'm a bit wary of project maths, so far it doesn't seem very difficult, but its leaving cert honours maths! It should be difficult! I hope it isn't just the book we have, because before we got it we were working from a different one, but still from the project maths syllabus, and that was horrific!

I'm a bit wary of project maths, so far it doesn't seem very difficult, but its leaving cert honours maths! It should be difficult! I hope it isn't just the book we have, because before we got it we were working from a different one, but still from the project maths syllabus, and that was horrific!

What book have ye?. Ya same here I don't find it that difficult and I should because I'm useless at maths :(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Project Maths is just weird, we've only done statistics so far (I'm in Pass) and you have to write actual words. Feels wrong man...

What book have ye?. Ya same here I don't find it that difficult and I should because I'm useless at maths :(.

Active Maths, what are you using?

Yeah i know it feels so wrong, you're not supposed to write words in maths! It's supposed to be numbers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Its bizarre! And for some reason, when I'm in maths mode and I get asked to 'explain' what I'm doing, I try to sound so accurate I sound like I don't speak English properly. I don't mind project maths too much, some of the questions are pretty tedious though. Just endless finding the slope.

• Advertisement

Its bizarre! And for some reason, when I'm in maths mode and I get asked to 'explain' what I'm doing, I try to sound so accurate I sound like I don't speak English properly. I don't mind project maths too much, some of the questions are pretty tedious though. Just endless finding the slope.

I know! Do you guys use that GeoGebra thing on the internet ever? We've had to a few times, and it feels like such a waste of a class! I won't have a computer in the exam!

Active Maths, what are you using?

Yeah i know it feels so wrong, you're not supposed to write words in maths! It's supposed to be numbers!

Ya thats the book we're using too.. I know :rolleyes: Oh well it seems easier than old course :D..

Namlub wrote: »
    Project Maths is just weird, we've only done statistics so far (I'm in Pass) and you have to write actual words. Feels wrong man...

Thank God someone agrees with me! I nearly died for the month we spent at statistics, way too much words!

I'm the same, it doesn't come natural to me to speak and write about using maths, I can do the questions no bother but when they ask you to explain how I did it I'm stumped!

Does anyone have any sample poetry questions for Géibheann? I have a test on it next week and I don't really know what to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Do your teachers know what they're doing regarding this whole Project Maths thing? Mine doesn't seem to have a clue. Every time we do something from the new course in class, there's a huge uproar because everyone's getting ridiculously confused. It's not that we aren't getting it, it's that she's just really, really bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

They *better* mark our projects maths leaving cert easily... first year and all :/

Any care aboot the election? ^.^

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ciarashauna

Trust me, Project Maths gets harder! I'm in one of the pilot schools and it's not nice! Then again, some people might not find it hard so don't take my word for it. ;)

Trust me, Project Maths gets harder! I'm in one of the pilot schools and it's not nice! Then again, some people might not find it hard so don't take my word for it. wink.gif

Are you serious? :( Back to pass for me so :(

Well if you have a good teacher you should be fine. My teacher wasn't the best in 5th year but this year my teacher is much better. Had Pap 2 mock before mid term :eek:

Well if you have a good teacher you should be fine. My teacher wasn't the best in 5th year but this year my teacher is much better. Had Pap 2 mock before mid term eek.gif

My teacher is USELESS :( God help me.. And whats paper 1 like? I know it's the old course but is it really hard? I'm too afraid to look at exam papers to see how really hard they are :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Is your Pap 1 going to be the old course then? Our paper is going to be all new apart from calculus. It's not so much that the material is hard, it's the way that it is asked. It's not like say the JC and old LC where you knew what would come up in each section & you could practice over & over again.

Advertisement