Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Is your Pap 1 going to be the old course then? Our paper is going to be all new apart from calculus. It's not so much that the material is hard, it's the way that it is asked. It's not like say the JC and old LC where you knew what would come up in each section & you could practice over & over again.

Yup as far as I know only paper 2 will be project maths for me in 2012. Really :( I don't find it too hard so far so hopefully I'll be ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ciarashauna

You'll be fine, don't worry! You still have ages to go & learn, unlike me :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I gave up applied maths! :( I feel so guilty, I think my teacher thought I'd be one of the ones to stay. Its just so hard and I can't give it the time it really needs.

Now I really, really need to study.

Why o why didn't I stay in pass maths. Honours sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I gave up applied maths! :( I feel so guilty, I think my teacher thought I'd be one of the ones to stay. Its just so hard and I can't give it the time it really needs.

Now I really, really need to study.

That sucks, was it your 7th honour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Someone please give me decent English notes. Right now we have.. next to no notes on Frost?

Considering the other classes have loads of notes, I'm worried..

That sucks, was it your 7th honour?

No just an 8th subject I wasn't quite sure why I was doing. :S All my others are at higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

This thread has been dead for a while!
    Anyone going on amy 5th year trips? The most exciting place we're being taken to is Hamlet in Cork next week.

The most exciting place we're being taken to is Hamlet in Cork next week.

Awh we aren't allowed go to that until 6th year :(

ITALY!!

But I'm mostly looking forward to our trip to NUI Maynooth. Thrilling stuff :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Ally7 wrote: »
    Anyone going on amy 5th year trips? The most exciting place we're being taken to is Hamlet in Cork next week.
    Next Thursday? I'm going too ^_^
    UCC Open Day in April as well but we don't do actual trips to places outside of Cork...

We got to climb croagh patrick everyday for a week if wanted to.... I'm ****ing wrecked. We're going to see hamlet this month too though :) shame we haven't read it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

We went to Hamlet in February, and the Higher Options Conference and The Ploughing in October. We were supposed to go to London for a week but we needed 45 minimum to make it viable and only 16 people paid! :(..

The ploughing ftw!!

ITALY!!

OMG ye lucky things :eek:.. She was going letting us go to France but then she changed her mind and said 1st and 2nd years could instead ugh :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

ITALY!!

But I'm mostly looking forward to our trip to NUI Maynooth. Thrilling stuff :P

Italy? Jealous! When?
    Namlub wrote: »
    Next Thursday? I'm going too ^_^
    UCC Open Day in April as well but we don't do actual trips to places outside of Cork...

No we're going Wednesday, what a cool place for a Boardsie meet-up:pac: There's an article about it in Tje Irish Examiner tomorrow (Thursday) about the actual show if you're interested!
    Awh we aren't allowed go to that until 6th year :(
    I doubt you're missing much, it's supposed to be a boring play!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

Went to the Rhineland in Germany! Was an amazing trip! We have our hopes held high on going to Hamlet next year, twill be wild I'm sure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

All we're getting to go to is Hamlet! I'm so jealous! Is anyone going to Hamlet in Galway next month? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Flabangav wrote: »
    All we're getting to go to is Hamlet! I'm so jealous! Is anyone going to Hamlet in Galway next month? :)

Next month? :S We're going next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

Yeah i'm going to hamlet :/ i can't wait *snore*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Hannaah

My school don't take us to open days which I hate! I had to trek up to Maynooth and DIT myself. The Maynooth open day was a snow day which made travelling a pain in the ass..

I think we're going on the 29th of March? Hope there's popcorn. Nom nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Next month? :S We're going next week!

Oh right, we're going in two weeks. Its technically next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Oh right, we're going in two weeks. Its technically next month!
    Maybe that's when we're going too, my teacher is so vague about it. :/

How far along are people in HL Irish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Four poems done, two stories, loads of paper one comprehensions and a few essays. Loads of oral stuff, no tape yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

We've done all the poems and 4 stories (we would have the 5th one done, but the extract in all the books is the wrong one, and we haven't been sent out any new notes from it, so we can't do it yet), 4 essays, a lot of comprehension work, all of the oral questions that are in our book (apart from the more current affairsy ones, for obvious reasons), and we've a little bit of tape work done.

My Irish teacher flies along, though!

So would you consider 2 poems, 2 stories, 1 and a half essays, a tiny bit of oral which is incredibly basic (irrelevant, junior cert work) way, way behind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Dont worry. That sounds about bang on from where our class was last year and we're just about finished the course now. Doing pretty much all oral now in preparation with just 1 story left to do. Im a 6th year by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

If you're covering everything well, getting a good basis of it all and understanding everything, then that's more important than going quickly, IMO. If what you've done is to a good standard, and you get it all, then that's better than the situation in my class - the teacher just rushes through everything, and most people can't keep up or understand it. However, if your teacher isn't doing a good job and going slowly, then I'd be getting a bit worried.

Advertisement