Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Now I'll never know where my parachuter lands for physics :( :P

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

How many do us HL people have to do?

I think its 5 or so?

I think its 5 or so?

Our teacher thinks we only have to do one cause of the new curriculem.

Is Pros the stories like An Ghnathrud and Hurlmaboc or is it the big long one? If its the latter than its only one. Sorry :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    Our teacher thinks we only have to do one cause of the new curriculem.

She's a dope :D Yeah it's about 5 or 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Even in Irish the ending of An Gnáthrud is vile, bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Who has seen Hamlet? Like in Galway/Dublin/Cork/Wherever. The back-up dude who has to use the script is a fncking shag :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Who has seen Hamlet? Like in Galway/Dublin/Cork/Wherever. The back-up dude who has to use the script is a fncking shag :o

Marty Rea is his name, if you feel like looking him up :P

Yep i checked the syllabus which was a pain cause its in irish if you are doing the play An Lhasir Choille you only need do one......i agree about the hamlet fill in......:P

• Advertisement

Ally7 wrote: »
    Marty Rea is his name, if you feel like looking him up :P
    Don't worry, I already have ;D
    gfgfgf14 wrote: »
    Yep i checked the syllabus which was a pain cause its in irish if you are doing the play An Lhasir Choille you only need do one......i agree about the hamlet fill in......:P
    You so would! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The year is coming to an end and I've done nothing! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

How far are you in the courses out of interest? we are;

Chemistry; Chapters 1 to 13.
    Biology; 16 chapters from various sections of the book.
    Geography; We have just finished the core book. (although poorly covered)
    English; We have read Hamlet but haven't started looking at themes or questions yet and have done very little poetry :(

I'm in pass Irish and maths and i think we have covered the Irish course and i'd say almost finished the discovery maths book, but have done no project maths yet.

So not great when i look at it like that :confused:

How far are you in the courses out of interest? we are;

Chemistry; Chapters 1 to 13.
    Biology; 16 chapters from various sections of the book.
    Geography; We have just finished the core book. (although poorly covered)
    English; We have read Hamlet but haven't started looking at themes or questions yet and have done very little poetry :(

I'm in pass Irish and maths and i think we have covered the Irish course and i'd say almost finished the discovery maths book, but have done no project maths yet.

So not great when i look at it like that :confused:

English: Read Hamlet but we've only done 2 essays on it so far, we've done comprehensions, Boland, nearly finished Heaney and we did a small bit on short story writing.
    Irish: All poems and pros, we've only 4 pages left of A Thig Ná Tit Orm, all 20 oral pics, most oral topics, LOADS of grammar and we've just started on short stories.
    French: We're working chronologically through the book Mosaique, on page 230.
    Chemistry: Chapters 1-9, Rates of Reactions, Volumetric Analysis and Oxidation and Reduction
    Biology: 17 chapters from all over the book
    Business: Working chronologically through the book, on page 290-something.

Don't really know what we've done in maths tbh. We've done around half of the course though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

The year is coming to an end and I've done nothing! frown.gif

Me neither. Can't believe next year is the Leaving Cert :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I would tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Irish: All the short stories done. 4 or 5 poems done.
    English: Hamlet, Boland and Heaney done. Currently doing the comparative.
    Maths: Don't have a clue, it's kinda all over the place. About 8 chapters done I'd say.
    History: Dictatorship and Democracy and Withdrawing From Europe or something(the orange book) done.
    Business: Joke. Student teacher thought us more in 5 weeks than normal teacher did during the whole year. I'd say we've about 4 chapters done. Not properly done, either.
    Geography: First section of the book done and half the second section.
    French: Just a load of comprehensions and Passe Compose and some other tense that I don't know.

My Irish is a total disaster, after checking what the other class has done they have quadruple (I counted the chapters) the amount of work we have done. I don't even know if I'm too behind to swap into their class.:(

English: Frost, Kavanagh, Boland and Plath. Hamlet read and half way through analyzing, good chunk of paper 1 done.
    Irish: 2 poems, 2 stories, bit of grammar :( No oral and minimal aural
    Maths: Algebra and Arithmetic, Co-ordinate geometry, calculus and logs (not finished)

French: School, Hobbies and friends, sports, jobs, recession, document, environment, news items, loads of oral. We have mountains done :)
    Physics: Geometric Optics, Mechanics (not wave or circular motion), heat, static electricity.
    Biology: Scientific Method, characteristics of life, food, classification, cell structure, cell diversity, DNA, Genetic crosses, variation and evolution, genetic engineering, structure of flowering plants,transport and food storage in plants, blood, heart, lymphatic, nutrition, breathing, homeostasis, excretion
    Chemistry: The atom, arrangement of electrons, periodic table, chemical bonding:Chemical formulas, chemical equations:anions, trends in the periodic table, radioactivity, mole concept, properties of gases, stoichiometry 1, volumetric analysis:acids and bases

Me neither. Can't believe next year is the Leaving Cert :eek:
    I know, it's horrible to think of it D:
    Namlub wrote: »
    I would tbh
    Any day of the week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

English: Read Hamlet, Emma and watched Inside i'm dancing. Studied Kavanagh. Touched on comprehensions.
    Maths: Not really sure, probably around 8 chapters aswell.
    Biology: 14 chapters from all over the book.
    Chemistry: 10 chapters and we left out parts from two of them. :S thats a bit behind the rest of you that posted!
    Music: Melodies, backing chords, Tchaikovsky and Queen, and other bits and pieces.
    Spanish: Just verbs and grammar really, we're definitely far behind. Actually is there anyone else here studying spanish? What have you covered so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

Irish: Grammer, Doing some oral work on the pictures and 2 poems
    English: Robert Frost,Hamlet,Dancing At Lughnasa,How Many Miles To Babylon,Inside I'm Dancing.
    French: First 4 chapters in Tout Va Bien
    Biology: Chapter 2,3,7,8,9,10,13,16,19,27 (sooooo behind the other class - **** teacher)
    Chemistry: Once again, **** teacher chapters 1 - 11
    Business: Amazing teacher, chapters 1 - 13 done (half the book covered)

You so would! :P
    I so would he was packing!:P:pac:

Business :15 chapters done 21st centuary business
    French :Que pensez vous? done,letters done,most of the grammer done,comprehensions done a ****load,listening- great,and oral is for next year
    Music: All set works cept barry,Irish music,chords and melody
    English:Essays,plath,heaney,hamlet,comprehensions done
    Irish:A thig na thit orm finished,3 poems,an lhaisir choille,and all the conversation part of the oral and 5 picture storys.
    German:Oral done and comprehensions.
    Maths:dont care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

It's a really mixed bunch what we've dont but anyway..

Irish 4 Pros, 4 Poems, Comprehensions, Some Essays, Small amount of Tape and Oral
    English Hamlet done, Kavanagh, Plath and Rich, Comprehensions and How Many Miles to Babylon, very few Paper I Essays though :(
    Maths Best teacher ever! :) Have Algebra, Arithmetic, Complex Numbers, Sequences and Series, Functions and Graphs, Area & Volumes & Co-Ordinate Geometry done! And we'll have Trig done by the end of the year! :D
    French Good few exam questions, Diary Enteries, Formal Letters, Sport, School, Famlily, Life in Towns vs. Country, TV, Drugs, Racism, The Internet.
    Music Barely anything! Have finished 16 bar melodies and LC Backing Chords, Currently finishing up Tchaikovsky and some practical! :( So far behind!
    Geography :D Brilliant teacher! Have done all the Physical, Geoecology and Sub-Continental Regions, The Paris Basin and Mezzogiorno
    Business Chapters 1-12 in Global Business
    Economics First 4 Micro chapters and all of the Macro (doing this outside of school) Love it!
    LCVP :O oh god such a bad teacher, CV, Career Investigation :O that's it! :P

In most things we're ahead (but we have very small classes) so we get more indivdual attention! On trach to LC 2012 anyway! :P Kill me now!
    Oh forgot to mention I do OL Maths and Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dreamer...

well i think were fine so far im getting soo much english homework though:eek:
    so far we've done...
    Maths: all algebra and calculus, stats 1 and on stats 2 atm
    English: Kavanagh, Boland, 3 essays, 2 comprehensions, finishing reading Hamlet and quotes etc, a few Question Bs and starting adrienne rich.
    Irish: 4 poems, 3 pros, 3 essays, oral and aural, an triail.. but no exam questions done
    French: bit of everything really with regards to vocabulary
    History: Dictatorship and democracy & on documents q!
    Biology: about 22 chaps
    Chemistry: upto chap 13 and stoichiometry 2!
    That's all really ! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

English Kavanagh, Larkin, Frost. All Hamlet done. The language of persuasion and agrument.
    Irish 2 pros 6 poems. Loads of grammer and a few essays
    French Loads of oral, diary entry, comprehensions
    Maths A lot of project maths and calculus
    Music Tchaikovsky, Bach, Queen, backing chords, melodies, trad and aural skills.
    Business To chapter 23
    Biology To chapter 13
    LCVP CV, Career investigation, Summary report, Action Plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Biology: Scientific Method, characteristics of life, food, classification, cell structure, cell diversity, DNA, Genetic crosses, variation and evolution, genetic engineering, structure of flowering plants,transport and food storage in plants, blood, heart, lymphatic, nutrition, breathing, homeostasis, excretion
    s

You seem to have done a sh1t load of Biology? Have you gone into much detail?

Yeah we do everything in the chapter and then a load of exam questions. We still have about a third to a half of the book left, so I'd say we'll be done the course around February next year, but my teacher is leaving us for 6th :( She's so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

English Heaney and Kavanagh, we've finished our 3 texts for the comparative but have only done the one essay on theme, and we're just about finished reading Hamlet. A couple of comprehensions and question Bs aswell.
    Maths Algebra, The Line, The Circle and we're finishing up Differentiation now.
    Irish Haven't a clue :pac:
    Geography We've done all the physical. Just finished India and the Mezzogiorno and all that, going onto the Paris Basin next week
    Music Tchaikovsky, Bach and then touched on everything else (melody writing, backing chords, Irish music, etc..)
    German A good few letters and comprehension, just battling through the Oral now. Teacher is a bit of a featherhead :p
    Art Finishing up Irish history now but most of our time is being dedicated to doing a mural for our school :confused:

MsJenjers wrote: »
    Art Finishing up Irish history now but most of our time is being dedicated to doing a mural for our school :confused:

Art seems to be a really weird subject for getting completely distracted into projects like that that have nothing to do with the course. Surely like you can't hand in a mural for your exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

Art seems to be a really weird subject for getting completely distracted into projects like that that have nothing to do with the course. Surely like you can't hand in a mural for your exam

Yeah our teacher's obsessed with decorating the school. He's a wee bit of a lunatic which kind of sucks for us.

Advertisement