Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Do people think you should start making notes in 5th year or wait till 6th year to keep the topics fresh in your minds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Well I'm planning on taking notes from September. I also plan on doing my homework religiously. Whether it'll last past the first week, who knows? :rolleyes:

Yeah that was my plan for the JC too..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 X.Libertines.x

Yeah me too... And it didn't last very long then either... :L but maybe this time... Thanks Superbus. Do many schools offer LCVP?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

far queue ( say in chinese accent ) 5th years i hope you enjoy the leaving cert hahahaahahahahahahahahaha

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure all schools offer it. I go to a small rural school (only about 400 students) and my school offers it. The rest of the schools on Galway offer it too, as far as I know.

Is anyone else worried about chemistry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Did yee get school books yet? I was given no list yet.

No list at all? Are you serious? I got mine mid-June, with the reports and ****. I only have my french, Irish, business and chemistry books yet though. There's like 6 books for honours English if you're doing it.

They don't offer the LCVP in my school. Surprised you haven't got your booklist yet, I got mine in June. When are you all back? I have to go in for two hours this Friday!

_Bella_ wrote: »
    They don't offer the LCVP in my school. Surprised you haven't got your booklist yet, I got mine in June. When are you all back? I have to go in for two hours this Friday!
    They might be making it mandatory in my school. Idiots. I hope they don't, I really don't wanna do it.
    I'm back on the 1st; a week from Wednesday. Why do you have to go in on Friday for two hours? : o That's strange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm going back Tuesday the 31st. I'm only doing LCVP for 5th year so I can do work experience, then I'll just go to the principal at the start of 6th year and say it takes too much time etc.

I have half my books, I'm getting the rest second hand when I go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Ally7 wrote: »
    I'm going back Tuesday the 31st. I'm only doing LCVP for 5th year so I can do work experience, then I'll just go to the principal at the start of 6th year and say it takes too much time etc.

I don't have any books/book list yet...nobody in my school going into 5th year have...think we get them the day we go back, bit stupid tbh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Same date as me, but I'm back for 6th year induction! D:

Enjoy 5th year people. ;)
    Enjoy your christmas tests, which I won't have!! :P

Noel2k9 wrote: »

I do constant assessment, so tests aren't too worrying :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I honestly thought it was the worst year of school by a mile.
    :p
    Just hoping that 6th year won't be as bad bar the study of course.

Was there any particular reason why it didn't go well for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I do constant assessment, so tests aren't too worrying :P

Constant assessment? How so? :P

I agree Soccy! :P
    I can't wait to get into college! XD

Constant assessment? How so? :P

Well we just do about 2-5 40 min tests in each subject per term and then our best 3 are put down on our Christmas and Summer report cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Was there any particular reason why it didn't go well for you?

Just the whole adjusting to new subjects and the workload. I didn't like it at the beginning.
    And.. I just didn't like it :pac:
    The tests were a bitch too.

It could be good for you though :P:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr D

Best advice I can give anyone is that when it comes closer and closer to the LC, don't panic. I was a lazy bastard all through 5th year, and then only marginally better in 6th year, but then in the last month or so I ramped up the work levels (particularly in Maths, I spent that last two weeks before the Leaving studying Maths 4 hours a day and went up over 20%), so remember while it's easier to work all year around, if you don't mind killing yourself and being miserable for a month you always have that ray of hope. Sure I may have only got 400 points, but that's all I really need for my course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Today I started my very first day of fifth year! :)

I'm all grown up now!

Today? I don't start 'til Wednesday. Did you get a big lecture? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Can't wait to flake int 5th year. I have all subjects that I like and I'd geared myself towards Engineering but I've had a complete mind change for the future over the summer but it's too late to change subjects. Guess it's better to have the points in the bag and then start fresh in College

CianDon wrote: »
    Can't wait to flake int 5th year. I have all subjects that I like and I'd geared myself towards Engineering but I've had a complete mind change for the future over the summer but it's too late to change subjects. Guess it's better to have the points in the bag and then start fresh in College
    I've actually decided to do Japanese, did you buy Nihongo Kantan in a bookshop or are you ordering online?

I've actually decided to do Japanese, did you buy Nihongo Kantan in a bookshop or are you ordering online?

I'm about 75% ready to comit and I even found out today that a friend of mine was the exact same so we might go it together. We're gonna try and get into an eight week night course in October and see after that.

I'm about 75% ready to comit and I even found out today that a friend of mine was the exact same so we might go it together. We're gonna try and get into an eight week night course in October and see after that.
    Oh, well that's handy. I'm still scouring the website for anyone who has info about saturday/evening classes in Galway :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Today? I don't start 'til Wednesday. Did you get a big lecture? :rolleyes:
    It was a pretty big lecture yeah! But we'll be respected more cause we're all big now! Haha :pac:

I like your optimism! :D

Oh, well that's handy. I'm still scouring the website for anyone who has info about saturday/evening classes in Galway :/

Trying to find places that do it is hard alright. I know it might be a strange thing but mabye try any japanese restaurants in Galway. I'm sure Japanese people working in there would love to pass on they're culture and language.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

Some Fifth Years are back already?:O I'm not back till September 6th so I'm living in bliss pretending that I'm never going back:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Nicole. wrote: »
    Some Fifth Years are back already?:O I'm not back till September 6th so I'm living in bliss pretending that I'm never going back:pac:

Ach,I'm back on Tuesday,should really start going to bed earlier.
    And I feel so old going into 5th compared to everyone here,17,but there's a load of people in my year around that age too so it's not so bad!:p

Advertisement