Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Anybody else starting to really regret some of their subject choices? Physics is a really dry boring ****ing subject for me at this stage:(

I regret taking German at the start of the year, I dropped out but it was still a waste of two months. I wasn't even that bad at it, I just hated it though.

If I could go back to TY I probably wouldn't have chosen geography either, yes it is easier than most subjects, but it's soooooo slow and boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Kind of wish I'd taken classics or even art way back in the day, something slightly more cultural. I don't even know why I chose physics in retrospect, I never even liked it at JC. Didn't like history either though, but I was really good at it. I was good at art too. :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Our Irish teacher has ten of the picture sequences done but is refusing to let us learn them verbatim as she's in with the people setting the marking scheme and said it'd bode badly for us so I'd suggest doing them yourself and getting them corrected which is what she is doing for us.

Ours is just getting us to learn them off... great :( Out of curiosity, what tense are all of you doing yours in? At first our teacher said that at higher level, we should be doing them in the aimsir láithreach, and that doing it in the aimsir chaite was more of an ordinary level thing. Then she decided that she'd do them all in the aimsir chaite, saying that she was talking to other teachers in different schools and they're all doing it like that.

We started out in AC and then redid them in AL. Apparently thats what the department said but my teacher is a retard so I don't know.

I was good at art too. :S

Strangely loads of people in my class took up art for leaving cert after not doing it for junior cert. None of them great at it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Find the AL easiest for the pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Anybody else starting to really regret some of their subject choices? Physics is a really dry boring ****ing subject for me at this stage:(
    Kind of wish I had taken Chemistry instead of Music! But I know next year i'll be glad of Music as a points grabber subject as the practical is worth a massive 50%.. :D..

Also I wish Economics had been offered in my school.. I'm doing it myself outside school (started in February), have 14/20 Chapters Done and a good few exam questions!

Summer Tests.. Hmm, Hoping to maintain at least 500 points again! I'm counting in Economics as a B3 in HL so have to get on pretty well in all my other subjects to reach 500.. Really hoping for an A in Maths though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I brought home loads of book to study for my summer tests over Easter.

Haven't opened a single one yet... :( I can't get motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I studied for 15 mins + today. Well proud of myself.

I'm going out 5 nights between now and Tuesday week, and I have notes on the 20 Irish pictures, myself, my school and my area for Irish to learn and 22 irregular French verbs to learn. And 2 English comprehensions to do. The bag hasn't been opened.

Fuck. My. Life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm going out 5 nights between now and Tuesday week, and I have notes on the 20 Irish pictures, myself, my school and my area for Irish to learn and 22 irregular French verbs to learn. And 2 English comprehensions to do. The bag hasn't been opened.

Fuck. My. Life.

Meh, I wouldn't give up a few good nights out, I'm sure you'll fit the study in somewhere :cool: Are you going out anywhere exciting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

Oy veh :/ I feel like such a nerddddddd :/ 3.5 hours of study a day :/

Ally7 wrote: »
    Meh, I wouldn't give up a few good nights out, I'm sure you'll fit the study in somewhere :cool: Are you going out anywhere exciting?

Not really... 17th, 18th, beach party, 21st, my bday. :P
    I will prob end up half learning 2 of the pics and that's it. Ugh, fml.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I need to rewrite a load of them oral pic sheets and then learn them :(
    Anyone else here got a summer job this year? I am slowing regretting getting one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

All three tenses but m.c for questions too. just get a grid with verbs in different tenses and makes it far easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Anyone else here got a summer job this year? I am slowing regretting getting one :(

You have a summer job and regret getting it? The amount of people unemployed ATM, you should be delighted to have a job & is it because you want to study over the summer that you regret getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I haven't got a job sorted yet but If I had then I definitly would not be regretting getting it. I would go mad without a job tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I have a job, sure you can't study all the time, if I do two hours of proper study a day I will be really pleased with myself!

I'm jealous of you! Feckin want one :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Yeah I have a summer job, I've been working for the whole school year so I'll just be continuing that job! I'm delighted to have it, because I'm one of the only ones in my class who has one, plus it's a good job and I enjoy the work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

if I do two hours of proper study a day I will be really pleased with myself!

Two hours every day over the summer? It's called the summer holidays for a reason, take a break or else you'll burn out before the mocks arrive.

• Advertisement

I have a job for may, not sure about the summer though.

**** off studying during summer even if I don't still have the job then! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

NotExactly wrote: »
    You have a summer job and regret getting it? The amount of people unemployed ATM, you should be delighted to have a job & is it because you want to study over the summer that you regret getting one?

Well I have one job in august and I absolutely love that job :) But the one I have until then is just awful. It's sooo hard. And I know I should be happy I have one as there are many people unemployed. No don't think I'd study during the Summer. Too lazy :P

NotExactly wrote: »
    Two hours every day over the summer? It's called the summer holidays for a reason, take a break or else you'll burn out before the mocks arrive.

This is a fair enough comment, but for people who are aiming for 550+ or to study medicine, or people who are taking subjects outside of school without a teacher, studying a couple of hours a day during the summer isn't that much at all really and is very manageable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I don't have a hope of getting a job because I'll be missing for pretty much all of July but I think I have one for the summer before college and that's when I'll need the moniez.

And I still have to make some sort of attempt to start Economics so I'll probably do that during the summer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Namlub wrote: »
    I don't have a hope of getting a job because I'll be missing for pretty much all of July but I think I have one for the summer before college and that's when I'll need the moniez.

And I still have to make some sort of attempt to start Economics so I'll probably do that during the summer...
    Economics will crush your soul.. I'm doing it on my own I started after Christmas and it's torture.. So complicated especially the Micro Section! I would definitely try some other subject if I were you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Economics will crush your soul.. I'm doing it on my own I started after Christmas and it's torture.. So complicated especially the Micro Section! I would definitely try some other subject if I were you!
    I'll be getting grinds in it next year too so I'm not really doing it myself though and I've heard a lot of people say it's not too bad and the course it quite short, I'll give it a go anyway...

This is a fair enough comment, but for people who are aiming for 550+ or to study medicine, or people who are taking subjects outside of school without a teacher, studying a couple of hours a day during the summer isn't that much at all really and is very manageable.

I agree with you :/ I'm doing German outside of school and I wanna do medicine so I'm deffo gonna do about 2.5 hours a day from July :P It's not really that much time like...

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

patar wrote: »
    I agree with you :/ I'm doing German outside of school and I wanna do medicine so I'm deffo gonna do about 2.5 hours a day from July :P It's not really that much time like...

It's not at all, and you might as well be on top of everything in September!

I have a bit of a summer job but its kind of up in the air, I'm not sure if it will go ahead or not. :/

Just finished my Sylvia Plath essay, I swear to god I have no vocabulary anymore :P

• Advertisement

I have a bit of a summer job but its kind of up in the air, I'm not sure if it will go ahead or not. :/

Just finished my Sylvia Plath essay, I swear to god I have no vocabulary anymore :P

Wellllllllllll :D This morning I decided I would do my English essay honest to god i looked at the page for about an hour, made a brainstorm... which took abooot 40 minutes, wrote the title and decided i needed a break :/ Still haven't gotten off the break :/

Advertisement