Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I studied one chapter in History...it's better than nothing I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Namlub wrote: »
    I studied one chapter in History...it's better than nothing I guess

I've done nothing and I'm going to Spain tomorrow for a week so I doubt I'll do anything :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I've done nothing and I'm going to Spain tomorrow for a week so I doubt I'll do anything :rolleyes:

Are you not going to bring your books with you? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Are you not going to bring your books with you? :)

Ammmm........no :o
    I suppose I really should. I'll study when I get home.

Ammmm........no :o
    I suppose I really should. I'll study when I get home.

No you shouldn't! I was joking! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Has anyone started studying for summer tests?
    I was planning to study for the two weeks but have done nothing..I think I'm going to revise some chemistry today..
    I always plan to study over holidays but never do anything...
    Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with procrastination?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

In reality I've done **** all for my summer tests. I was away the first week of the midterm so nothing got done that week and this week I've been exhausted and really stressed about some other things so all I got done was Physics and even then not even that much of it to be honest. Now what I've got to look forward to is 3 hours night from here on in if I want to catch up.:(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I still didnt do any study yet either :eek:

Sure Easter is basically over! So there's no point in starting to study this week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm going out 5 nights between now and Tuesday week, and I have notes on the 20 Irish pictures, myself, my school and my area for Irish to learn and 22 irregular French verbs to learn. And 2 English comprehensions to do. The bag hasn't been opened.

Fuck. My. Life.

Not only must i learn that irish stuff, i've got to write now also.

English comprehensions...pah! How about read a novel make notes on every chapter and answer 80 questions on it.

This isn't even the beginning of the list. I am truly under as much pressure as i imagined.

FML

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

If I could go back to TY I probably wouldn't have chosen geography either, yes it is easier than most subjects, but it's soooooo slow and boring.

I agree with you there, it's torture! Talk about boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

I've done loads of study,not as much as I'd have liked, but still a lot. Did my comparative essay, went over 3 chapters in chemistry, 2 in biology, 1 in business and loads in Home Ec seeing as I'm doing that as an extra subject. Not studying specifically for the summer tests though.

TBH I'm getting really sick of school at this stage in my life, I'm glad I did TY but I really wish there wasn't another year of this left :( I can't wait for university! :D

I did a comparative essay and a comprehension in English, but only because it's homework and has to be done :p Still have a Hamlet essay to do. :( Did a couple of exam questions in Maths and learned the odd word there in German.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I've done a few hours of study over Easter, but neglected to do any of my homework... I have a fun weekend of work ahead of me! Does anyone else find it terrifying that we only have a few weeks of fifth year left? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Flabangav wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it terrifying that we only have a few weeks of fifth year left? :eek:
    I feel the same as you!. Only because my class are behind in lets say, ALL of our subjects :eek:. And I planned on doing some study for the easter but ive done nothing :(. I didnt even get homework for the easter which is surprising,.. kinda wish I did got some though because it might have got me off my b-hind to study :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've done a few hours of study over Easter, but neglected to do any of my homework... I have a fun weekend of work ahead of me! Does anyone else find it terrifying that we only have a few weeks of fifth year left? :eek:
    Yes! It's terrifying! :(, my study for the Easter was non-existent.. I've done up a study plan for the rest of the term so that I have to do 4.5 hours of study every evening and get up at 6am to do any homework I may have gotten!. Economics (outside subject) is also beginning to scare me! :L, I have 14/20 chapters done but i'll have to put in at least 2 hours into it every day during the Summer. If there's any 5th years here that do Economics can you let me know how much of the course do ye have done. I don't know whether to get another 3 chapters done before Summer Holidays or what to do! Any help will be appreciated!

Do ye guys actually know what's going to be on your Summer tests?.

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I feel the same as you!. Only because my class are behind in lets say, ALL of our subjects :eek:.

So are we! Since the snow at Christmas, we've been behind in everything. And none of the teachers seem to care about catching up, either :(

I've done up a study plan for the rest of the term so that I have to do 4.5 hours of study every evening and get up at 6am to do any homework I may have gotten!

Do ye guys actually know what's going to be on your Summer tests?.

I'm going to make up a study plan today! All I know is that everything we've done will be in the biology one, apparently. All the biology classes are having an extended test...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Can anyone correct this translation of: It was much easier than queueing!

Bhí sé i bhfad níos éasca ná mar a scuainí!!
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Namlub wrote: »
    ???

For picture sequence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

I do...I'm so not looking forward to 6th year...:(

Schonie wrote: »
    I do...I'm so not looking forward to 6th year...:(

It's gonna be brutal :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Bbbbolger

Dont worry about it. Even with the stress of study and the Leaving Cert it's easily the best year of secondary school! And most people I know would say that too. Let it be something to look forward too! And one last thing...just think of your least favourite subjects...now think of the fact that if you end up doing something you really like after sixth year you'll never have to do those subjects again! It gets me through my toughest days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

My friend told me yesterday that we've only got 56 weeks left :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Only 56? Pfft. :pac:

Guys, I haven't done any homework or study thus far. I seriously lack motivation. Anyone any good motivating tips?

Cian A wrote: »
    Guys, I haven't done any homework or study thus far. I seriously lack motivation. Anyone any good motivating tips?

Imagine getting 10 points in the leaving cert :pac:

I don't know, I just make myself start, and then once I start it's actually quite enjoyable...

Imagine getting 10 points in the leaving cert :pac:

I don't know, I just make myself start, and then once I start it's actually quite enjoyable...

Enjoy?Work?...Envy. :D

I promised myself I wouldn't leave my homework 'til the last day of the Easter holidays and yet here I am struggling on a Hamlet essay question. Well actually no I haven't started yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

patar wrote: »
    My friend told me yesterday that we've only got 56 weeks left :/

Awh come on. Don't tell me ye're counting the weeks down to the LC already. You've plenty of time to do well. Stop worrying and enjoy the summer holidays (when they arrive) :D

Advertisement