Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I can't believe where goin' back to school tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I totally wasted my midterm :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I've wasted my midterm too. Have a huge load to get through before tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I've been so absolutely overwhelmed with the amount of work i have to do I've done none over the last two weeks. And none means none. Motivating myself to even start getting myself through what could easily be 5 full days work has been a failure and now i'm not sure whether to crawl up in a ball, hypothetically of course, or begin. I'm still desperately unmotivated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

My exams were before Easter (mediocre-tastic) but still I feel like I should have done something that at least hinted that I am in fact a year away from exams that matter.

A year. A year to not get 48% in Maths any more, to not get low Cs in Physics and Latin, to get more than 1 A.

Doable? Definitely. But I feel that opening a book over the last two weeks would have been a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I had planned on getting through at least 3 chapters of Economics, in reality: 0..

I'M FECKED!! Have to try and get 7 Chapters done before the end of the summer holidays!. And also the thoughts of my Summer Tests are driving mc crazy! Have to at least break the 500's. I'm going to count in a result of B3 in Economics (as I won't have a test)..

*Sigh*

Really dreading the Music Summer Tests also! Have done nothing all year except talk to my friends during class!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Really dreading the Music Summer Tests also! Have done nothing all year except talk to my friends during class!

I'm dreading the Music test too! In the Leaving Cert I'll be fine, with my practical and the composing section, but I don't think I'll ever know the set works, and that is what the test will most likely be on :mad:

I need to get in the 500's aswell, but I think Music will ruin that for me! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

This isn't too bad actually, all my teachers are taking the ty's to France so we've been watching csi all morning. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I for one am glad that I wastedenjoyed my easter holidays :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I for one am glad that I wastedenjoyed my easter holidays :D

I would say that too but I can't enjoy myself stressed out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Back to school today and I'm wreaked already :(
    I'm fecked for my summer tests but tbh I couldn't care less. So sick of school :(

I'm fecked for my summer tests but tbh I couldn't care less. So sick of school :(
    Im in the exact same boat as you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Don't know how to study.Don't know where to begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

So sick of school :(

Totally! Had enough for this year! It went soooo fast, but i'm still completely sick of it now. Basically 3 weeks and next year left though. And a year after that when i repeat....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Totally! Had enough for this year! It went soooo fast, but i'm still completely sick of it now. Basically 3 weeks and next year left though. And a year after that when i repeat....:rolleyes:

I'll be repeating with you too I'm afraid :P

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

Just found out that a section of my Irish summer test is on this Tuesday :eek: I'm so unprepared! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Hollaylay

How much study are people doing for the summer exams? I tend to be a bit of a compulsive studier but I don't want to stress myself out too much :/

I'm trying to do roughly 2 hours a night but I'm not getting anything done.
    If I'm honest I just don't care anymore. I am so done with school at this point. :(

I'm trying to do roughly 2 hours a night but I'm not getting anything done.
    If I'm honest I just don't care anymore. I am so done with school at this point. :(

Tell me about it.

I have loads of maths homework that I don't want to do :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

You know what, I'm happy i "wasted" my Easter doing sweet f**k all, there's only so much study you can do and besides, holidays are for relaxing! :D

It will be a relief to be finished school in 3/4 weeks, it's quite hard at the moment to motivate myself! Luckily I don't have proper exams at the end of the year, only class ones.

We've already done 2 maths tests (Calculus & The Circle), the teacher never said anything about them being part of our final result.. Low and behold they're worth 10% each! :O, thankfully I got 93% in both of them! My tests don't start until the 31st of May but i'm doing a good bit of study for them (4 hours a night and about 5 hours a weekend). I'll just cross the fingers and hope I break 500. Would love an A in English on my report, just to have it there you know! :L.. Have ye heard what's on your tests yet?.

Oh yeah more gossip, out Maths teacher informed the class yesterday that we have our Mock in November! :O, we were like eh.. what?. Turns out we'll have the course well covered by Mid-October and the teacher doesn't want to wait until February to do our mocks as if we have too much time to study, we'll do quite well and we won't study for the real thing at all! :L.. We nearly died! Any goss in your schools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

We've already done 2 maths tests (Calculus & The Circle), the teacher never said anything about them being part of our final result.. Low and behold they're worth 10% each! :O, thankfully I got 93% in both of them! My tests don't start until the 31st of May but i'm doing a good bit of study for them (4 hours a night and about 5 hours a weekend). I'll just cross the fingers and hope I break 500. Would love an A in English on my report, just to have it there you know! :L.. Have ye heard what's on your tests yet?.

Oh yeah more gossip, out Maths teacher informed the class yesterday that we have our Mock in November! :O, we were like eh.. what?. Turns out we'll have the course well covered by Mid-October and the teacher doesn't want to wait until February to do our mocks as if we have too much time to study, we'll do quite well and we won't study for the real thing at all! :L.. We nearly died! Any goss in your schools?

Are you doing pass or honours maths? I'm doing honours and we have ages to go before finishing the course!

I'm doing Pass, pass is actually the bomb!

I'm doing pass and we've only done 7 chapters... We're pretty ****ed I think. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭cailinrua2011

hi guys my lil bro is doin his leaving and is pretty good at irish but is freakin out about the essay or at least certain essays. think he is ok for anything on the recession or related to that but was wondering if anybody has an essay on WHATS IN STORE FOR THE YOUTH or something on CLIMATE CHANGE AND NATURAL DISASTERS. i could swap his essays with anyone who wouldnt mind posting or pm 'en me anything on these for him. or if there is anything else people need just post it or pm me and il see what he has.

I have so many titrations to write up :(

I have so many titrations to write up :(
    What are titrations? :o

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    What are titrations? :o

They're the experiments in the volumetric analysis section of chemistry and they're all essentially the same but with different chemicals but I have to write all of them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

School is so ANNOYING. We're having a whole school inspection for the next two days so all of my teachers are coming up with ways to make their classes seem less tediously boring in front of the inspectors, why can't they ever just behave normally when they know they're going to be watched? Also I do not want some random woman going through all my books and copies, I'm not ten.
    And they've forgotten about our summer tests, they start in two weeks and no-one's even mentioned them - we started An Triail in Irish today and she's convinced we'll have it done in time, which is not physically possible. And my principal has been meeting with people telling them that "any self respecting fifth year" should be doing four and a half hours of study a night, and telling anyone who got over a B in pass maths at Christmas to move back up to honours next year.
    Just...general ugh

Advertisement