Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm seriously not arsed anymore. I actually tried to do some homework this evening, but I got really bored after like 10 minutes. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Namlub wrote: »
    School is so ANNOYING. We're having a whole school inspection for the next two days so all of my teachers are coming up with ways to make their classes seem less tediously boring in front of the inspectors, why can't they ever just behave normally when they know they're going to be watched? Also I do not want some random woman going through all my books and copies, I'm not ten.
    And they've forgotten about our summer tests, they start in two weeks and no-one's even mentioned them - we started An Triail in Irish today and she's convinced we'll have it done in time, which is not physically possible. And my principal has been meeting with people telling them that "any self respecting fifth year" should be doing four and a half hours of study a night, and telling anyone who got over a B in pass maths at Christmas to move back up to honours next year.
    Just...general ugh

I might do 4 and a half hours in the three months up to the leaving. Why on God's earth would I do it now?

I am actually just sick of the level of time-wasting and incompetence in schools. Teachers who don't come in, are late, don't cover the course, don't know their subject. I don't get up at 7AM to come in here and do **** all.
    I'm just pissed at school in general. I'm sick of everyone and everything there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I'm just pissed at school in general. I'm sick of everyone and everything there.

+1
    It's an absolute nightmare. :( I have no motivation to even do my homework ugh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Well with no exams to work towards (in the immediate future) school has sort of mutated into a TYesque soup of apathy, laziness and extra-curricular activities.

Funsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I have so many titrations to write up :(
    My teacher informed us today that she'll be collecting our hard backs on thursday. I'm 11 experiments behind and my best friend only has two written up in his hardback. We're pretty screwed :rolleyes:
    baz2009 wrote: »
    I'm seriously not arsed anymore. I actually tried to do some homework this evening, but I got really bored after like 10 minutes. :/
    +1
    It's an absolute nightmare. :( I have no motivation to even do my homework ugh..
    Tell me about it, I just haven't been in 'work mode' for ****ing ages, and I doubt I'll be in it by September tbh. Ugh, I'm actually screwwwwwed for the summer tests but tbh they don't matter at all so oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

Gahh the only thing that's keepin me going is 16 days till holidays :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Cannot be assed doing homework anymore, just so sick of it at this stage :/
    Im sick of the teachers giving loads of homework when we have tests comming up in two weeks :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Im sick of the teachers giving loads of homework when we have tests comming up in two weeks :mad:
    This, so much. Things hadn't been too bad before easter but apparently now is the perfect time to start piling on homework. I don't see why they keep going on about how important a study plan is when they're going to give so much work it'd be impossible to stick to one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Namlub wrote: »
    we started An Triail in Irish today and she's convinced we'll have it done in time, which is not physically possible.
    Not trying to burst your bubble but it's fairly doable to have An Triail up to scratch in one week if you really focus in on it. You don't even need to read the play, just get that red An Triail revision book and learn the story from there.

It's kind of weird to see 5th years this stressed out. In my opinion, 5th year should be all about doing all the extra-curricular stuff you didn't get to do before then, because you won't get the chance to try them in 6th year. No need to do pointless study/revision, just do your homework and cover as much of the course as you can, do your bit before Christmas/Summer, then you can start worrying in 6th year before your mocks. This is all a bit overblown, I never felt like that in 5th year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Cydoniac wrote: »

It's kind of weird to see 5th years this stressed out. I.

I agree. I could see half the frequent users of this thread burning out by the time the mocks come around.

• Advertisement

Leaving cert is a two year course, this isn't TY 2.0!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I have ∞ work to do, no joke. Without doing any study or revision. I don't think my school wants me to leave my house. Chances of that happening though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Leaving cert is a two year course, this isn't TY 2.0!!
    I know this, but at the same time...you're only in 5th year. It's like seeing a second year going demented about the Junior Cert. Despite what you might think, if you just do the normal workflow for 5th year, you'll find 6th year is nowhere near as dreaded as you might think. There's no need to burn yourself out, and believe me, if you think you're worked out now, you don't know what worked out is until you've got the actual exams and project deadlines hitting you left, right and centre. Just relax a little, I'm not saying to slack off yeah? Just take any opportunities to do things now you won't get the chance to in 6th year.

Trust me, there will be something you'll want to do in 6th year and wish you hadn't done it before. It's why I launched into a lot of stuff in 5th year, like debating, choir, extra whatever. I'm glad I did now because there's no chance of it happening now.

Also, anyone can say they have heaps and heaps of work, if you just manage your time you'll be amazed how much you can get done, i.e, not spending time on boards whinging :P I'm doing LC in a month, I have an excuse to moan at least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Cydoniac wrote: »
    It's like seeing a second year going demented about the Junior Cert.
    It's not though.
    No amount of time management is going to change the fact that I've been getting tons of work to do and my exams start in a week and a half, and I'd rather make some sort of half-assed attempt to know things now than leave it all for next year, meh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm not doing too badly, I don't think. Screwed for honours maths, but aren't we all?
    Irish isn't actually too bad, I really like my teacher.
    English should go ok, apart from our comparative question, I'm DREADING it.
    I've 40% of my French done, and hoping that the reading comps we're doing will be ok.
    I'm screwed for History. We've Dictatorship and Democracy done, as well as Ireland 1912 - 1949. We had to write up our RSR as part of our summer test, and I failed that. Is it worth giving up History for either accounting or ag science?
    Biology: Not worrying. I'm good at it, I've been averaging As in it.
    Economics: Fine. I LOVE Macro, and we've enough choice that a little bit of Micro study will get me through.
    Business: I only took it up about Christmas. If I get B2 I'll be happy enough, I guess.

And just to make me feel worse, my little sister's going on holidays for a week, while I'm stuck studying.

English-Nothing done.
    Irish-Nothing done
    Maths-Nothing done. Will fail anyway.
    French-Nothing done.
    Music-Nothing done.
    Business-Nothing done.
    Biology-Nothing done.

I'm too lazy to do anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

English-Nothing done.
    Irish-Nothing done
    French-Nothing done.
    Music-Nothing done.
    Business-Nothing done.
    Biology-Nothing done.

I'm in the same position can't be bothered atall :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm not doing too badly, I don't think. Screwed for honours maths, but aren't we all?
    Irish isn't actually too bad, I really like my teacher.
    English should go ok, apart from our comparative question, I'm DREADING it.
    I've 40% of my French done, and hoping that the reading comps we're doing will be ok.
    I'm screwed for History. We've Dictatorship and Democracy done, as well as Ireland 1912 - 1949. We had to write up our RSR as part of our summer test, and I failed that. Is it worth giving up History for either accounting or ag science?
    Biology: Not worrying. I'm good at it, I've been averaging As in it.
    Economics: Fine. I LOVE Macro, and we've enough choice that a little bit of Micro study will get me through.
    Business: I only took it up about Christmas. If I get B2 I'll be happy enough, I guess.

And just to make me feel worse, my little sister's going on holidays for a week, while I'm stuck studying.
    Random, but how much have you covered in Economics?. I took it up after Christmas also by myself doing exam questions and that and have done 15/20 chapters (Have Market Structures and Government/Economy to do)..

English-Nothing done.
    Irish-Nothing done
    French-Nothing done.
    Music-Nothing done.
    Business-Nothing done.
    Biology-Nothing done.

The amount of study I've done is looking suspiciously similar to that... Although I got 100% in a French grammar test that's 10% of our summer result. And I've done a teensy bit for the Irish oral.

I'm going to an 18th this weekend and next weekend and I'll prob go out the weekend after anyway for the craic. :P Also I work 2 hours every evening after school. What Summer tests?

Random, but how much have you covered in Economics?. I took it up after Christmas also by myself doing exam questions and that and have done 15/20 chapters (Have Market Structures and Government/Economy to do)..
    Every post of yours that I see is about Economics :P:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm doing it in class :) My economics teacher keeps giving me extra bits to do, I find it pretty easy. I think I've covered essentially the whole course, honestly
    Market structures is grand, as is Government/Economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Anyone have a sample english essay about the celtic tiger?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

English-Nothing done.
    Irish-Nothing done
    French-Nothing done.
    Music-Nothing done.
    Business-Nothing done.
    Biology-Nothing done.

M&S* wrote: »
    I'm in the same position can't be bothered atall :(
    The amount of study I've done is looking suspiciously similar to that... Although I got 100% in a French grammar test that's 10% of our summer result. And I've done a teensy bit for the Irish oral.

I'm going to an 18th this weekend and next weekend and I'll prob go out the weekend after anyway for the craic. :P Also I work 2 hours every evening after school. What Summer tests?

Yep throw me in that boat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Really? :L woops! :P.. Are the Market Structures easy?. I love the Macro also I have to say! Really would love a B1 in it next year! I'm gonna finish the course over the summer I think!..

Anyway changing the topic away from Economics what's on your guys Summer tests?. Ours are taken pretty seriously and that so we got the timetable last week! English, Irish & French on the one day! :L..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Cian A wrote: »
    Yep throw me in that boat

Let's all sail off to the land of failures :D
    Or study...

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Or study...
    I'll go with the first option...fun times ahead :D
    But in all seriousness, I'm majorly screwed. Oh wells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Or study...

All aboard the Fail boat!

Has anyone done picture number 12 for the Irish Oral? I have to write it up for homework and I don't get whats happening in it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Has anyone done picture number 12 for the Irish Oral? I have to write it up for homework and I don't get whats happening in it :confused:

We're still on the third one.

• Advertisement

Logs are ****ing impossible:(

Advertisement