Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Has anyone else not started studying for these summer tests yet or is it just me?
    Screwed isnt even the word :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I can join all of your no work done stuff..

except I'm in 6th year.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

panic over summer exams.. orals, aurals, essays etc :( I havent done anything :( like stress?! imagine what it will be like next year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    Has anyone else not started studying for these summer tests yet or is it just me?
    Not a bit, and I don't see myself starting any time soon :o Right now I'm supposed to be writing an English essay, learning 2 Irish essays which I haven't even written, studying for my French oral tomorrow and practising for my Irish tape test, also tomorrow, along with everything else. Yet here I am...
    Idk, I'm really not bothered anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Haven't done anything but in a few classes we started doing revision based stuff so it'll be all good:D

• Advertisement

Joey. wrote: »
    Not a bit, and I don't see myself starting any time soon :o Right now I'm supposed to be writing an English essay, learning 2 Irish essays which I haven't even written, studying for my French oral tomorrow and practising for my Irish tape test, also tomorrow, along with everything else. Yet here I am...
    Idk, I'm really not bothered anymore.
    Thats alot of stuff you have going on!:eek:
    Im dreading next year :/
    So much work ahead of me its depressing

EDIT: when's everyone else starting there tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

when's everyone else starting there tests?

Last three days of school >:[ So much ufking work to do ;( like this weekend I hafta learn a 12 page compatative essay off by heart... Oh the joys ;(

Thats alot of stuff you have going on!:eek:
    Im dreading next year :/
    So much work ahead of me its depressing

Not a lot of it's gonna get done if I'm honest :pac:
    Exams start Thursday week for me, everything's been pushed back a day and we still haven't been given the timetables :(
    But on the bright side, only 2 and a half weeks left :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

patar wrote: »
    I hafta learn a 12 page compatative essay off by heart... Oh the joys ;(

:eek: You'll probably have forgotten that by this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

panic over summer exams.. orals, aurals, essays etc :( I havent done anything :( like stress?! imagine what it will be like next year :(
    My god, same here. I have so much work to do and I'm constantly complaining about how much stress and pressure I'm under, yet I haven't opened a book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I finally managed to get something revised yesterday!!!

After I got in from school I screamed and swung somewhat violently at any distraction and managed to get about 3 hours done :) was sofa king pleased :)

no way I'm gonna be able to do it again though...

I try to study but fail after about 5 mins :(
    I dont know whats wrong with me

My god, same here. I have so much work to do and I'm constantly complaining about how much stress and pressure I'm under, yet I haven't opened a book.

ha i know... i am the exact same :( i procrastinate so much .... even more than my dear friend Hamlet ... which reminds me of all the quotes i have to learn... got my exam timetable today and realised how screwed i actually am :L and i actually am stressed trying to cram everything ... oh well only a couple more weeks and its all over... (till september) :(

Mine start next thursday and you?

Mine start next thursday and you?
    Next wednesday I think. We still didnt get our exam timetable yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MsJenjers

Mine are starting next Friday. Art first. :( So not ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Mine start Wednesday week, but I have my music practical tomorrow :S I don't know what I'm going to play yet.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My Irish oral's tomorrow, all 20 pics and a good few topics.
    I'm only starting to study now :S
    French oral on Wednesday
    Tests start Monday week.

F. M. L.

I have a bad feeling that my French oral is after lunch today, seeing as I got out of it yesterday...still didn't open a book and I haven't been in French in a week. I'm gonna totally bomb it :D

My Irish oral's tomorrow, all 20 pics and a good few topics.
    I'm only starting to study now :S
    French oral on Wednesday
    Tests start Monday week.

F. M. L.
    Ive an irish oral tomorrow too, but mines only on 3 of the pics! :D
    Starting my tests next thursday and have no study done yet whatsoever :eek:
    Gonna be a weekend of cramming me thinks :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

I have made many mistakes during my leaving cert, and have now left myself screwed. So instead of wallowing in my own self pity, I thought I would share some useful tips with current 5th years. Feel free to add your own.

* Start proper study at the very start of October. From September to October just ease yourself back into things by staying on top of the homework, but it is essential not to start working your balls off immediately.

* For the language subjects ie French/German/Irish. Learn just 5 new words a day in each of them. They will be very quick to learn and it'll will help to improve your vocabulary no end. Vocabulary is what will stick with you in the written exam, not learning realms of notes off.

* For Maths, just do the exam papers over and over again.

* For the orals, it is not as bad as you may think. This is where learning off is essential and the notes you learn for the orals will stick with you for the written.

* Give yourself one day a week from October to December off, a day without study.I have made many mistakes during my leaving cert, and have now left myself screwed. So instead of wallowing in my own self pity, I thought I would share some useful tips with current 5th years. Feel free to add your own.

* Start proper study at the very start of October. From September to October just ease yourself back into things by staying on top of the homework, but it is essential not to start working your balls off immediately.

* For the language subjects ie French/German/Irish. Learn just 5 new words a day in each of them. They will be very quick to learn and it'll will help to improve your vocabulary no end. Vocabulary is what will stick with you in the written exam, not learning realms of notes off.

* For Maths, just do the exam papers over and over again.

* For the orals, it is not as bad as you may think. This is where learning off is essential and the notes you learn for the orals will stick with you for the written.

* Give yourself one day a week from October to December off, a day without study.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Start studying from day 1, literally. Even if its only a tiny bit.

Do all your homework properly (ie not in the car)

Don't stop studying at easter, midterms and Christmas. Do a half hour a day, just to not get out of the habit.

Keep good notes.

Has anyone got some good tips for studying maths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Exam. Papers. Overandoverandoverandover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Superbus wrote: »
    Exam. Papers. Overandoverandoverandover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3htOCjafTc
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Got 91% in my French oral \o/
    Exams are starting on Thursday, I've been studying a bit (did all of the cell chapters that are coming up yesterday) but the timetable's giving me a lot of time to cram, be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭jimcoolding

As the previous poster said. Exam papers over and over.

It might be tedious and boring but it will stand to you.

Work in conjunction with your book though.

Tried studying today but failed miserably :(
    Hopefully it will go better tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

How long do people find those sraith pictuiri take to do? I've my oral tomorrow morning and have to do the first 5 of which I havn't started. Fuuuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have the 5 tomorrow as well. I intend on reading the pages I've been given a few times and then making it up on the spot with the stuff from the pages because I really can't learn things by heart.

Advertisement