Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

storm2811 wrote: »
    Ach,I'm back on Tuesday,should really start going to bed earlier.
    And I feel so old going into 5th compared to everyone here,17,but there's a load of people in my year around that age too so it's not so bad!:p

I've been thinking about going to sleep earlier to prepare myself too but as we've both clearly demonstrated, that's not going to happen:pac: (being on Boards.ie at this time) I always spend the first month of school absolutely recked because I'm getting used to sleeping at different hours and waking up earlier.

I'm the same age as you; I did Transition Year and I kind of feeling the same way because all Transition Year is really the same age as me but the other 5th Years will be about a year younger at least. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Nicole. wrote: »
    I'm the same age as you; I did Transition Year and I kind of feeling the same way because all Transition Year is really the same age as me but the other 5th Years will be about a year younger at least. :)

It will take you until the October mid term to get yourself back into the swing of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I've been thinking about going to sleep earlier to prepare myself too but as we've both clearly demonstrated, that's not going to happen:pac: (being on Boards.ie at this time) I always spend the first month of school absolutely recked because I'm getting used to sleeping at different hours and waking up earlier.

I know,about two weeks ago I told myself "Right,have to get ready for school,going to bed at 12" and now..well here I am.:pac:

Ohh right,I didn't do TY but we had an extra infant class in primary school and I started when I was 5 so that's why I'm only in 5th year now,most of my year went to the same primary school too so they're near enough the same age,not too bad.

What subjects did you pick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Gonna miss all the doing nothing that I did in 4th year :o

storm2811 wrote: »
    I know,about two weeks ago I told myself "Right,have to get ready for school,going to bed at 12" and now..well here I am.:pac:

Ohh right,I didn't do TY but we had an extra infant class in primary school and I started when I was 5 so that's why I'm only in 5th year now,most of my year went to the same primary school too so they're near enough the same age,not too bad.

What subjects did you pick?

Yeah, I don't see myself managing that, my reasonable target for going to sleep for and during school nights is 1am, I don't get asleep before then for some reason, I'd say it's probably my own personal choice because I love texting people:pac:

Yeah, I repeated Senior infacts too, my Mum started me young I think!:pac: And really? Out of my entire year only 18 of them went to the same primary school and that was most of the girls in my class in primary, there are 125ish in my year.

And the 3 obvious ones, Biology, History, Geography and Home Ec, yourself?:)

• Advertisement

WilliamOC wrote: »
    Gonna miss all the doing nothing that I did in 4th year :o
    And same, I did a lot in Transition Year, but I also did a Hell of a lot of nothing too!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

It is now i say goodbye to the warm welcoming blanket that was fifth year and say hello to the cold biting harsh mistress that is the Leaving Cert.

Tuesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I started today. It wasn't too bad, we just go put in our classes and given our timetables. Nothing too bad except for double maths on a Friday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Ye are back really early.
    I'm not back til next wednesday and i only have a half day :D
    Dreading it though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

First day today :( They're already shouting at us for being messers.

The reality of doing higher maths, applied maths and 3 sciences is starting to dawn on me. I saw my timetable and its like maths maths maths physics maths biology maths chemistry FRENCH maths physics chemistry...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭DavidKelly1

The reality of doing higher maths, applied maths and 3 sciences is starting to dawn on me. I saw my timetable and its like maths maths maths physics maths biology maths chemistry FRENCH maths physics chemistry...

I feel SO sorry for you.. Higher Level Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology :O.. Dude/dudette your kinda crazy.. :pac:

I am back Wednesday but will be just getting my timetable/classes ect.

I am doing the core 3 and French, Music, Business, Geography & Accounting.

Hopefully the year will go fantastic!. What are you hoping to do in college?. I am thinking either Creative Writing with Arts or Childrens Studies with Arts in NUIG.

Yeah, I don't see myself managing that, my reasonable target for going to sleep for and during school nights is 1am, I don't get asleep before then for some reason, I'd say it's probably my own personal choice because I love texting people:pac:

Yeah, I repeated Senior infacts too, my Mum started me young I think!:pac: And really? Out of my entire year only 18 of them went to the same primary school and that was most of the girls in my class in primary, there are 125ish in my year.

And the 3 obvious ones, Biology, History, Geography and Home Ec, yourself?:)

I will try and go to sleep before two tonight,or at least get up earlier,I keep setting the alarm but then knock it off right away and go back to sleep.:pac:

Yep,around 60 in my year(without the TYs,dunno about them) and 30 people were in my primary school.It was the biggest primary school in the area though so I presume that's why.

I wanted to do geography and history but could only pick one!
    So I'm doing History,Art,Biology and German,might do home ec instead though because it seems easier than art!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I feel SO sorry for you.. Higher Level Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology :O.. Dude/dudette your kinda crazy.. :pac:

I am back Wednesday but will be just getting my timetable/classes ect.

I am doing the core 3 and French, Music, Business, Geography & Accounting.

Hopefully the year will go fantastic!. What are you hoping to do in college?. I am thinking either Creative Writing with Arts or Childrens Studies with Arts in NUIG.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

:rolleyes:

There's a few more grammatical errors there too. :pac:

GRAMMAR NAZIS,GRAMMAR NAZIS EVERYWHERE!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

If you like science and maths...that is a sexual timetable. At the start of 5th year, I thought...Jesus...maybe it's a bit of a science overload (have the same subjects as you except for Applied Maths). But no, biology and chemistry are great subjects and I love maths. Physics is a tad dull at the start but it's not difficult at the start either, especially if you're good at maths.

Don't be pessimistic about it, and best of luck!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    There's a few more grammatical errors there too. :pac:

Will be just - will just be

fantastic - fantastically.

Anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Was in for 2 hours today helping new first years.

Not in properly until Tuesday.

It's going to be some shock to the system!!!

Doing French, Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Ag Science at home . . and the usual 3.

Thinking maybe pharmacy or physiotherapy in college???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Will be just - will just be

fantastic - fantastically.

Anything else?

"ect."
    "doing the core 3" should be Doing the three core, yeah? :pac:

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    "ect."
    "doing the core 3" should be Doing the three core, yeah? :pac:
    Oh yeah, it's etc. :P But he said before that he's not great at French, so we won't hold that against him.
    And you're right, or maybe 'the core subjects'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I can now legitimately say that I'm back to school tomorrow. Kill. Me.

(fyi I didn't actually stay up until half three just to come ino this thread and say that...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Back Thursday :(

Thursday? Thats so late. :eek: love to be you :P

The good thing with the mad timetable though is I got loads of lovely teachers and they just redid the whole school, and all the maths and science is in the new block, so I get all the nice new classrooms :P

I'm planning on medicine in Trinity (really just where-ever I can get). At the moment though, looking through the health sciences board, being a hospital doctor seems to be ****. The pay and working conditions are so bad here. So I might end up either going to England/France or do something along the lines of educational/developmental psychology, which might be really interesting and I'm good with kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Namlub wrote: »
    I can now legitimately say that I'm back to school tomorrow. Kill. Me.

(fyi I didn't actually stay up until half three just to come ino this thread and say that...)

I'm back aswell tomorrow morning. Thang god it's only for 30 mins to get a timetable and just check the classes im in for the subjects. I only realised there yesterday that getting up for school at 7.30 is actually later than what i've been doing all summer for work. Now that is sad alright.

Not back 'til Wednesday. Nobody knows me here, so it's not embarrassing to say it, but I'm a bit excited for the first day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Back ''tomorrow'' (i.e. Tuesday) . . .:(

Kind of looking forward to going back for a day or two, but by the weekend i'll wish it was summer again . .:(

I'm still awake..
    FUUUU!
    :(

Jesus, it's the day after tomorrow now. Not as exciting when I look at my books :(

I got such amazing teachers!! :D
    Except for chemistry, she's a ****ing idiot, but oh well!

• Advertisement

I got such amazing teachers!! :D
    Except for chemistry, she's a ****ing idiot, but oh well!

Could you not switch to different one?
    I'm really REALLY hoping I get the same Irish teacher I had in second and third year,if not I'm gonna do everything I can to get into his class!

Advertisement