Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I am going into 5th year in September too and just wondering...how much homework do you's get? I am extremely nervous after having spent the last year in TY. :-)

Well in my school we got a couple of hours a day, normally. But then the boys school beside mine seemed to never get any homework, so I guess it varies from school to school!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I am going into 5th year in September too and just wondering...how much homework do you's get? I am extremely nervous after having spent the last year in TY. :-)

Don't worry about it! I've been getting about 1.5 hours all year on average. 3 hours the very odd night and only half an hour some nights. It's nothing to worry about once you stay on top of the work. If you're in honours English, Maths and Irish especially, focus on those three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I got effectively no homework all year, maybe an hour tops a night, but thats the teachers I had. Most people seem to be around 2-3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

It all depends on the teachers you get. (:
    I got almost an hour alone for german homework every night! D: .. evil german teacher.
    But for English I got nothing.. cause my english teacher is extremely lazy.
    Maths.. you should be getting around half an hour tops for that each night. All the subjects and the homework with them all really depend on the strictness of the teachers really. :P
    But it's all grand anyways! Don't be worrying about it.. it will be over before you know it and then you'll be in Leaving Cert!! D: Like I'm gonna be in September. duh duh DOOM! The pressure of it all. O:
    G'luck anyways hey. :D You'll be fine. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Geography tomorrow, and I've just realised it's my last in-house exam ever. And at 12.25 I am freeeeeeeee :D

• Advertisement

Tests are over, thank god, allah, whoever. I can't believe we have three months of nothingness guys :D The tests all went surprisingly well for me, I cheated in chemistry but shhh! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah I very rarely got any homework at all. I still did quite a bit in hindsight, just writing up notes and answering exam q's to make sure I stayed on top of subjects but overall it was pretty manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Helloooo summer :D Majority of my tests were absolutely catastrophic, but I really don't care. At least geography went really well this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

FINISHED! :D finally! Just a piano exam left and then i'm on holiday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

The four poets I studied came up in English, so I did good ol' Eavan Boland. :P

Geography tomorrow then i'm free, at 10.30! counting down the seconds. :pac:

• Advertisement

I feel like my exams should be over but I still have French tomorrow. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I feel like my exams should be over but I still have French tomorrow. :(

Same except i have german tomorrow :( sadness last day as a fifth year :O

I'm just praying my last summer holidays don't turn out as **** as usual. Everyone disappears off the face of the earth and I'm stuck on my own for most of it. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

SUMMER :D
    Exams were terrible especially english and maths. So failed them :(
    Business was sooo bad too but I wrote a note at the end telling my teacher to have a great summer and he's soo cool. So hopefully he will pass me for that ;)
    And my piano exam is over :D
    So HAPPY :)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

I'm just praying my last summer holidays don't turn out as **** as usual. Everyone disappears off the face of the earth and I'm stuck on my own for most of it. :/

Yup. Exactly the same :P So far it's been sleep, food and internet >.< Living in the middle of *nowhere* doesn't help things much either ;P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I really hope that I see someone from my year this summer!

I live in the middle of nowhere too but I'll still be meeting friends pretty much everyday, as usual! :p Everyone's saying they did really badly in tests... Why didn't you just cheat? :O I cheated so much for chemistry! :D I kinda wish I cheated for all of them now, my parents so woulda gotten me a present if I did really well :/

Hahah :D I did okay :D apart from maths which was a total kuhnt :/ Ah well I spose I can always be a male model or summat :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I live in the middle of nowhere too but I'll still be meeting friends pretty much everyday, as usual! :p Everyone's saying they did really badly in tests... Why didn't you just cheat? :O I cheated so much for chemistry! :D I kinda wish I cheated for all of them now, my parents so woulda gotten me a present if I did really well :/

The shame!!! :D

I'm currently in school. I think we're in the country still in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

So, Is everyone finished up for the summer now?

• Advertisement

Would the guilt not turn it into some Edgar Allen Poe heart in the floorboards situation?? :P

Theres one girl in particular I'm probably not going to see much this summer and I'm hoping it will be a good thing because I've a feeling I just need to get away from her before I get hurt. I like her, I don't think she likes me the same and and I really need to get my mind off her!

Ahhh Sure! Your town has been mentioned in Dancing At Lughnasa! :D
    Not worse than Clifden man!

Theres one girl in particular I'm probably not going to see much this summer and I'm hoping it will be a good thing because I've a feeling I just need to get away from her before I get hurt. I like her, I don't think she likes me the same and and I really need to get my mind off her!

Oh when you think of her name pinch yourself really hard. So you'll have negative connotations ;D

patar wrote: »
    Oh when you think of her name pinch yourself really hard. So you'll have negative connotations ;D

I'm going to have to try something like that! Thing is she already has negative connotations, lots of ****ty situations between us, but I'm an idiot :P

Would the guilt not turn it into some Edgar Allen Poe heart in the floorboards situation?? :P

Absolutely not! Me needs money :/
    Oh god I'm pretty much in the exact same situation but I see him all the time, so fml :rolleyes:
    Ahhh Sure! Your town has been mentioned in Dancing At Lughnasa! :D
    Not worse than Clifden man!
    Was it fúck? : o
    And it's way worse than Clifden!
    patar wrote: »
    Rofl I trained my cat to stay off the road with one of the squirty volvic bottles of water :P

Oh god I'm pretty much in the exact same situation but I see him all the time, so fml :rolleyes:

Rofl I trained my cat to stay off the road with one of the squirty volvic bottles of water :P

Oh we are so angsty! Where did I leave my stack of Nirvana and Paramore CDs? :P

Squirty water bottles!!!!!!!! I love it!!!:D:D:D

Michael's dad met a man there on his way.

Oh we are so angsty! Where did I leave my stack of Nirvana and Paramore CDs? :P

Squirty water bottles!!!!!!!! I love it!!!:D:D:D
    Paramore, you say? IT'S LIKE SHE'S READING MY SOUL!!!
    Michael's dad met a man there on his way.
    We haven't done it yet, so :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Speaking of angst...........

• Advertisement

Just saw a page on Facebook that made me cringe, it goes like, '' Hey..5th Years You're Next! ''.

Advertisement