Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

The thought of September :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Oh my god...

EVERYONE SHUT THE FÜCK UP!!!!!
    Most of us have been on our summer holidays for less than a week, yet ye're talking about September already? ENJOY THE SUMMER! It's our last Summer Holidays in secondary school and it's the last proper holiday we have until AFTER the Leaving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    The thought of September :(

September does not exist.......and it won't exist until ages away.......NO MORE TALK OF SEPTEMBER!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

September does not exist.......and it won't exist until ages away.......NO MORE TALK OF SEPTEMBER!!!!!
    Okay :pac:

SEPTEMBER,SEPTEMBER,SEPTEMBER! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Make the most out of the holidays peeps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I honestly don't think 6th year will be that bad if you keep on top of it from day one, in any case its our last year so thats exciting in and of itself

*/positivity*

I'm not a procasinator, I'll do that later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

6th year is going to be awful :( I hope I come out alive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I honestly don't think 6th year will be that bad if you keep on top of it from day one
    Not to scare you but...EVERYONE says that and it never falls through. You'll still be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

I must admit I'm actually looking forward to 6th year:P I don't really know why but I like to be positive and I love a challenge! However I'm gonna make the most out of summer and I'm going to France tomorrow :D

• Advertisement

It's actually the graduation that I'm worried about, have big plans for it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

AlanBr wrote: »
    I must admit I'm actually looking forward to 6th year:P I don't really know why but I like to be positive and I love a challenge! However I'm gonna make the most out of summer and I'm going to France tomorrow :D

I'm looking forward to it too :) It's the next step to college :D
    Have a good time in France!
    What are everyones plans for the summer? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Meh, no point dreading the inevitability, we might as well enjoy our three months off now instead of dreading 6th year for all the holidays!

So jealous of anyone going abroad this summer, I'd say the furthest I'll get is Dingle at this stage!

I do have a job for the Summer so that'll probably take up a good bit of my time. I've also applied for work experience for a week in the Summer, hope I get it!

Ally7 wrote: »
    I've also applied for work experience for a week in the Summer, hope I get it!

What work experience have you applied for? :)

What work experience have you applied for? :)

I've applied for a week in a hospital to follow a doctor. I'd love to get it, I hate the idea of committing to a course with no experience whatsoever!

I've applied for a week in a hospital to follow a doctor. I'd love to get it, I hate the idea of committing to a course with no experience whatsoever!

That would be really interesting actually :). Ya I think I'm going doing work experience in my local primary school :D

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

You should try the Beacon Hospital if you don't get the one you applied for. I did that for TY work experience and it really was excellent.

You should try the Beacon Hospital if you don't get the one you applied for. I did that for TY work experience and it really was excellent.

That would be a bit far for me considering I live about 3 hours from Dublin, but thanks anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

Hi sorry to disturb your summer but if anyone's considering to do a HPAT prep course my brother's doing it and looking for someone to get the group discount with. May as well start it before September and get the most out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

lctake2 wrote: »
    Hi sorry to disturb your summer but if anyone's considering to do a HPAT prep course my brother's doing it and looking for someone to get the group discount with. May as well start it before September and get the most out of it

Yeah i'm interested. But err which? when? where? and how much? :o Galway is closer to me than Dublin so I would probably do one there if there's much choice, I haven't really looked at them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Student2

Not that worried about next year and the LC. Just going to enjoy my summer, go to the gaeltacht and have the craic! :D

The only thing I'm worried about regarding next year is getting a debs date! :P

This is gonna be my first and the last debs.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

lctake2 wrote: »

Hey! :D I'm also interested... Details! :D

Ooooooohhhhhh...... But we've already spoken about the Debs. Isn't that enough talk about it for at least. Ever? :p

That's what we'll be talking about the whole summer to avoid the 6th Year torture talk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Sorry, just signed up to this so don't know how to start a thread. This seems most suitable! :D
    Just wondering, has anybody applied for college through UCAS?
    Have you any tips for writing a personnal statement? I want to get mine written before we go back to school in September.

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Sorry, just signed up to this so don't know how to start a thread. This seems most suitable! :D
    Have you any tips for writing a personnal statement? I want to get mine written before we go back to school in September.

That's a good idea seeing as the application dates can be so early. I had a look but I don't think i'll bother really. What are you applying for? There are a few sites to help, they looked good, but I never actually applied any of it so I don't know if they're any good.

http://personalstatement.blogspot.com/
    http://www.studential.com/guide/ps_faq.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

ConTheCat wrote: »

I'm planning on applying to UCAS. My guidance teacher told me to make it sickeningly sweet and corny. She said you should want to feel sickened after it, that someone is THAT good at something. Basically just make everything sound amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

That's a good idea seeing as the application dates can be so early. I had a look but I don't think i'll bother really. What are you applying for? There are a few sites to help, they looked good, but I never actually applied any of it so I don't know if they're any good.

http://personalstatement.blogspot.com/
    http://www.studential.com/guide/ps_faq.asp

Thanks for those links.
    Not fully sure on what exact courses I want to apply to, something like sports or fitness though! It's mainly to keep my options open!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Just a thought, probably more for September than now but any of ye interested in trying out student connect? Looks like it could be an easy way to share notes.

Advertisement