Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Just a thought, probably more for September than now but any of ye interested in trying out student connect? Looks like it could be an easy way to share notes.

What is student connect? I would be willing to take part in some note sharing arrangement (if I get the gist of it?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I'll PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭james no.1

i've just finished ty and think it's a great year and well worth doing. that being said, i've also forgotten maths, french and irish. in terms of subjects i dont mind mind which teachers i get as they're all good enough in my school so i dont think it would matter too much. i picked english, irish, maths, french, business, latin, geography and economics; so no science in there. is this a bad decision do you think and do you remember the stuff you've forgotten in ty soon after going into 5th year

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I'll PM you.

Me too, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

I'll PM you.

Hey pm me too! ;D I'm interested :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

james no.1 wrote: »
    i've just finished ty and think it's a great year and well worth doing. that being said, i've also forgotten maths, french and irish. in terms of subjects i dont mind mind which teachers i get as they're all good enough in my school so i dont think it would matter too much. i picked english, irish, maths, french, business, latin, geography and economics; so no science in there. is this a bad decision do you think and do you remember the stuff you've forgotten in ty soon after going into 5th year

Meh you'll be grand... If you get bored over Summer you could go over grammar in French and Irish but don't worry too much aboot it it'll all come back :) And science can be good to keep your options open but still if you're not looking to do a sciencey-course in Uni there might be no point :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I might be interested in the notes thing as well, would you mind pming me as well? :)

So myself and whistlin_boy are recruiting proud nerds for next year, PM either of us if you fancy it. Here's to being relaxed and happy this time next year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Ally7 wrote: »
    I might be interested in the notes thing as well, would you mind pming me as well? :)

+1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Ally7 wrote: »

Me too please :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

+1 :)

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Tomas18

I'll PM you.

Hey mise freisin? please?

A Thomáis, is aoibhinn liom do chuid Ghaeilge, gan dabht beidh tú istigh sa ghrúpa seo!

Go raibh míle maith agat:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Tomas18 wrote: »
    Go raibh míle maith agat:)

Me tooooooooooo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I'll PM you.

Can you PM me too, please? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Me too, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

and me please

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Might aswell throw a pm my way aswell. I know I've not been on in a good while but i'll update in the morning. Really need some SLEEP but this damn internet!!!!! Need.....self....control....to....defeat....late...night....browsing!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Anyone get their summer exam results back?
    I got 3 A's, 3 B's and an E in Maths..... ordinary maths....! :(

• Advertisement

Really solid results bar the maths, just shows that's the one you'll have to concentrate on but you shouldn't take away from the other results, they're fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

irishdub14 wrote: »

I think mine are out next week, getting sort of nervous because I know I need to do well in them all, I've already gotten 2 d's. Hope the rest pick up....

irishdub14 wrote: »

Hey those are great results! you should be proud. At least you know where you need to pick up and pay a little more attention to.I got my results this morning: 4A's 2B's and 1C [English 2% away from a B:(]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I havent gotten my results back but my English teacher said I got 72% before I left the last day, and my maths teacher messaged me on facebook (:pac:) to say I got 86% :eek:
    Maybe I wont be dropping after all :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Student2

I don't think mine comes out until after the LC is finished. I know I got an A1 in Physics and an A2 in History (my physics and history teachers are married and sent me a joint email :P ) Nervous about the rest though..
    Delighted with History because we had to write 2 essays in 1hr20mins and I spent way too long on one of them and only 20 minutes on the other :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I haven't got my results back yet, but how are peoples marks comparing points wise to what they need next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

My results were meant to be out yesterday and they still haven't come. Don't know what to expect really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I'll PM you.

I know stuff. Am I in? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

I haven't got my results back yet, but how are peoples marks comparing points wise to what they need next year?

I was just wondering that at the moment I'm interested in a certain course with low enough points but I'm aiming for around 120 points more than that so if I do end up choosing that course is their any need putting that much work in? :confused:
    Also does that mean this course isn't as regarded as say a course with a much higher point requirement in Trinity for example...I want to stay local :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

AlanBr wrote: »
    I was just wondering that at the moment I'm interested in a certain course with low enough points but I'm aiming for around 120 points more than that so if I do end up choosing that course is their any need putting that much work in? :confused:
    Also does that mean this course isn't as regarded as say a course with a much higher point requirement in Trinity for example...I want to stay local :)

Unfortunately probably. It depends on the degree really. Apparently say, Maths degrees from Trinity are much more well regarded. But say, a medical degree or a degree in nursing probably not so much. It also depends on the employer/If your in Ireland.

Advertisement