Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Can't wait to get my results so I can brag about them on here! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

M&S* wrote: »
    Can't wait to get my results so I can brag about them on here! :D
    I can, mine are going to be terrible! :L .. Funny story met my English Teacher in town yesterday. She's like 50 odd and she knocked on the window of my car, opened the door got into the car and had a great chat with me! :L.. I was like this is so weird... :P, I asked her what I got in my Summer Test and she was like "Oh, em.. I can't remember.." So basically I did sh** and she wouldn't admit it! :L

I can, mine are going to be terrible! :L .. Funny story met my English Teacher in town yesterday. She's like 50 odd and she knocked on the window of my car, opened the door got into the car and had a great chat with me! :L.. I was like this is so weird... :P, I asked her what I got in my Summer Test and she was like "Oh, em.. I can't remember.." So basically I did sh** and she wouldn't admit it! :L

I'd be freaked if that was any of my teachers.

BTW I was being sarcastic mediocre results on the way for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I'm having nightmares of getting my results, I was really sick during the exams and I was kind of freaked out and didn't know sh*t the day before the exams...I'm the kid who got highest marks in Primary school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

A few teachers are been forced to leave my school :mad: There goes my A1 in french :(..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

A few teachers are been forced to leave my school :mad: There goes my A1 in french :(..

My Maths teacher has been made Principal, I think, so I'll have new teachers for Maths, English and Chemistry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

*sigh* I just hope none of my teachers decide to get pregnant... Selfish bas*ards with their reproductive desires :cool: ;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I have the same dean next year as in 5th Year due to a retirement... hurrah?

Shamelessly posting my results (all higher level):
    A - Biology
    A - Geography
    B - English
    B - Irish
    B - Music
    C - French
    D - Maths

Overall, I'm pretty delighted with that it'd add up to between 475 and 535 points.

Shamelessly posting my results (all higher level):
    A - Biology
    A - Geography
    B - English
    B - Irish
    B - Music
    C - French
    D - Maths

Overall, I'm pretty delighted with that it'd add up to between 475 and 535 points.

F*ck MY LIFE!!!

• Advertisement

F*ck MY LIFE!!!

Why? Just out of curiosity... There is a lot better results on here :/ Mine would be below Boards standard...

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Why? Just out of curiosity... There is a lot better results on here :/ Mine would be below Boards standard...
    If you think yours are below boards standards then i definitly better not post my results

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    If you think yours are below boards standards then i definitly better not post my results

Ah no I didn't mean it in a bad way it's just there is a lot of the "600 points" brigade here, don't believe half of them!

Mayo_Boy wrote: »

+1 I am dreading getting mine :(

And I just realised how ****ed I am for the LC. I do not have one good teacher at all :(.. They are ALL useless!! Thats 8 subjects to fail for the LC.. FML :(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AlanBr

+1 I am dreading getting mine :(

And I just realised how ****ed I am for the LC. I do not have one good teacher at all :(.. They are ALL useless!! Thats 8 subjects to fail for the LC.. FML :(

Ah you're not alone there...my maths teacher is only like 23 and is qualified in civil engineering...my french teacher is pregnant.....my english teacher has been out half this year but is absolutely useless anyway...my irish teacher is just awful as is my physics one...well thats my rant over :P

I'm only pulling your wire.
    Well Done! :)

Well done! :D

AlanBr wrote: »
    Ah you're not alone there...my maths teacher is only like 23 and is qualified in civil engineering...my french teacher is pregnant.....my english teacher has been out half this year but is absolutely useless anyway...my irish teacher is just awful as is my physics one...well thats my rant over :P

Awh i don't feel too bad now :)
    Ya four of the best teachers (bar 1 :rolleyes:) in the school are forced to leave by the government cos appartently we have too many teachers in the school. It's sooo unfair. Why couldn't they kick out the useless ones who can't teach :(.. A load of students have moved schools in the last year. I wish I had after the JC...and there's my rant over :o

My English teacher left for maternity leave in TY and she's still not back.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

I swear to GaGa that there's a teacher in my school who has been to school for about four months since first year cos she's been pregnant so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

You know who are the worst for that? Art teachers. They never stop having babies...like ever.

French Teachers are the worst in my school, they do say French is the most romantic language in the world however maybe it turns their husbands on! :L

My LCVP teacher is Up the Duff thank god, I couldn't deal with her mood swings for another year.

The majority of my teachers are in their 50's though and ones a male, so more than likely NO MORE BABIES...

You know who are the worst for that? Art teachers. They never stop having babies...like ever.

Mine didn't even thought pf getting married (YAY!!)
    And the class consists of only 8 people which means she can give each individual more time on their projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Student2

I was joking, your results are incredible, well done! :D

Sowwy :p I can never tell when there's a :rolleyes: involved! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Nah, the art teacher in my school should be well into the baby-making stage but instead everyone sees her out clubbing and drunk in the toilets. Awkward moments.

But yeah, I possibly won't have either of my two best/favourite teachers next year. Sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

Our school is like a maternity hospital...suppose at least it means they like kids!!!

Our school is like a maternity hospital...suppose at least it means they like kids!!!

Our school is the complete opposite. Hardly none of the teacgers have been pregnant.

Report came this morning, was a pleasant surprise!

Irish- B2
    English- A2
    Maths- B1
    French- B2
    Geography- A1
    Music- B2
    Business- A1
    Economics- A1
    LCVP- Distinction

****ing Delighted!

540!! Need 450 points next year for Law & Economics in NUIM so i'm delighted!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Disappointed overall but some surprisingly good results..

English - C3. Bleh, knew this would be bad.
    Irish - B2. Happy with this. I normally suck at Irish, 1 mark off a B1.
    Maths - D3. No comment..
    French - B2. Great, but 1 mark off a B1 too.
    Chem - C3. Knew this would be bad, messed up on calculations.
    Biology - A2. Expected this, happy.
    Business - A2. Expected this, also happy.

Around 465/600 so decent but could be waaaaay better..

• Advertisement

Disappointed overall but some surprisingly good results..

English - C3. Bleh, knew this would be bad.
    Irish - B2. Happy with this. I normally suck at Irish, 1 mark off a B1.
    Maths - D3. No comment..
    French - B2. Great, but 1 mark off a B1 too.
    Chem - C3. Knew this would be bad, messed up on calculations.
    Biology - A2. Expected this, happy.
    Business - A2. Expected this, also happy.

Around 465/600 so decent but could be waaaaay better..
    Well done! What course(s) are you interested in pursuing after next year?.

Advertisement