Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Well done! What course(s) are you interested in pursuing after next year?.

At the top of the auld CAO will be Medicine but I have a whole year to work on it so it'll be grand.. :pac:

Failing that, probably general entry Science in TCD or some other science course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Is anyone doing any courses this summer? In search of basically anything to do at this point, who does French courses? I really regret not going to the Gaeltacht :(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

Is anyone doing any courses this summer? In search of basically anything to do at this point, who does French courses? I really regret not going to the Gaeltacht :(

What kinda courses? Like those 3 week language ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Itching for the report now.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Anyone thinking of doing Law next year?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I really wish I'd gone to the Gaeltacht too :(.. Although my sister is gone and she absolutley hates it..
    I hope my report gets lost in the post after reading all of yere results :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I think I am, my mind changes a lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

English - B1(84% >_<) Been getting in the mid-70s all year so I'm really happy.
    Irish - B1(83%) In IRISH?! Thought I'd have to drop to pass at the start of the year, so erm wow.
    Maths - B2(78%) My worst result was in my only pass subject. Derp.
    French - A2(89%) Sooo happy, an A in French was like my goal for the year
    Biology - A2(87%) Thought I did waaay worse
    Business - B1(83%) Ditto^
    History - B1(80%) Thought I did better tbh

520 points overall, so I'm happeh

Namlub wrote: »
    Irish - B1(83%) In IRISH?! Thought I'd have to drop to pass at the start of the year, so erm wow.

Well done! You got brilliant results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

What is everyone else thinking of doing after Leaving Cert? :)
    I'm hoping for Pharmacy, but i'd be happy with Nursing, too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Namlub wrote: »

I hate you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I hate you :)

Ahee ^_^

Flabangav wrote: »
    What is everyone else thinking of doing after Leaving Cert? :)
    I'm hoping for Pharmacy, but i'd be happy with Nursing, too!

Cool. Where do you think you will go to college? :)
    I don't know what I want to do. At the moment I'm thinking either music through arts, psychology or something biology related. God help me when the CAO comes out :(

I'm thinking law with french or something along those lines, but I change my mind every two seconds. I don't think I really want to do medicine anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Cool. Where do you think you will go to college? :)
    I don't know what I want to do. At the moment I'm thinking either music through arts, psychology or something biology related. God help me when the CAO comes out :(

Probably Trinity, RCSI or UCD. I want to go to Dublin... :D
    I know, I go through bursts of loving the idea of one course, and then changing my mind completely! Who knows what i'll be thinking by the time the CAO is out! :P

Our career guidance has been useless as well. We never did any of those career aptitude tests in 4th year, it was too expensive so we did some other crappy test which told us nothing. It either said you were **** at everything (like me, whose sole skill is spelling and language apparently, otherwise I'm retarded) or you were super brilliant at everything. Either way it was no help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I'm waiting on my aptitude test results now....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Call Me Lia

patar wrote: »
    I got 5 a's a b in english (one percent away from an A ><) And 48 percent in maths when i didn't even study for it! *win*... but yeah i used to be certain that medicine was the path for me but now :/ dunno :P I love languages and i'd love to study em in uni... but no moneys and jobs out of languages apart from teaching :mad:
    I got 5 A's and a 'b' too! And my 'b' was 1% from an 'a' also! Maad :D . But maths was on of my a's and I don't want to study Medicine or languages... Would rather go for business or maths :P so I guess that balances that out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Call Me Lia

AlanBr wrote: »
    Exact same as you :O except i got 97 in maths ;) I got 78 in irish tho but cant complain :D
    I got 85 in maths :(. I feel like a failure compared to you now :L see what you do?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Our career guidance has been useless as well. We never did any of those career aptitude tests in 4th year, it was too expensive so we did some other crappy test which told us nothing. It either said you were **** at everything (like me, whose sole skill is spelling and language apparently, otherwise I'm retarded) or you were super brilliant at everything. Either way it was no help

Like me, I was brilliant at spelling and grammar and those puzzle things and shoite at everything else :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

I always get Medical as my best area.... Let's see what happens this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Let me be the first to put up some ****e results :( Did well in Christmas, something like 380 points or something (Be more than enough to get me into Arts) but didn't do a tap until the final run in week of summer, and I actually felt I did ok in some exams

Irish - E - All literature, worth only 10% of the LC, so disappointing but not world ending
    English - C1 - Bit pissed off, thought I deserved more
    Maths (Pass) - C1 - Got 'Written Work Needs Greater Attention', or the old bag just needs a pair of glasses. So disappointed with that
    French - B3 - Expected better, got a good listening result
    Geography - C1 - Thought I had a B at least after the test, probably made some stupid mistakes
    Physics - E - Lost marks in interpreting the results, needs some serious work though
    Economics - E - Again the graphs, but got what I deserved

So yeah, the worst set of results I've ever gotten, in summer of 5th year, not good. Gonna get serious abuse for this when I get home but this has changed my mindset, thought I was doing well enough in school. Bitta study over the summer, and then up it a bit in September, not gonna kill myself with it but I definitely need to start working! An evil part of me hopes most of the others have done woefully as well but I don't think so:pac:

Anyways, that was good to get off my chest!

EDIT: ANyone have some words of comfort, I'm actually feeling really down about it :o

Let me be the first to put up some ****e results :( Did well in Christmas, something like 380 points or something (Be more than enough to get me into Arts) but didn't do a tap until the final run in week of summer, and I actually felt I did ok in some exams

Irish - E - All literature, worth only 10% of the LC, so disappointing but not world ending
    English - C1 - Bit pissed off, thought I deserved more
    Maths (Pass) - C1 - Got 'Written Work Needs Greater Attention', or the old bag just needs a pair of glasses. So disappointed with that
    French - B3 - Expected better, got a good listening result
    Geography - C1 - Thought I had a B at least after the test, probably made some stupid mistakes
    Physics - E - Lost marks in interpreting the results, needs some serious work though
    Economics - E - Again the graphs, but got what I deserved

So yeah, the worst set of results I've ever gotten, in summer of 5th year, not good. Gonna get serious abuse for this when I get home but this has changed my mindset, thought I was doing well enough in school. Bitta study over the summer, and then up it a bit in September, not gonna kill myself with it but I definitely need to start working! An evil part of me hopes most of the others have done woefully as well but I don't think so:pac:

Anyways, that was good to get off my chest!

EDIT: ANyone have some words of comfort, I'm actually feeling really down about it :o
    Hey dont worry too much about it! At the end of the day they stand for absolutley nothing! If you put in the work over the next year you'll be fine! You could easily improve some of those results by putting in a small bit of work!

You still managed to get 245/400 Subjects that you passed!! If you could bring Irish, Economics and Physics up to D3's (only a couple of marks) you'd have 350 points!

Kepp your chin up, you didn't do anything terrible! And P.S your parents will probably be ok about it! I got 540 points and they never even said a thing! So i'm sure yours will understand if you work harder you can achieve more!

Angriest person alive. My mother is gone away for the day, and the post came as she was leaving. The lousy b***h hasn't opened them and texted on the results because she's shopping... Should have them later :/ I'll post em up !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

My results :o

Irish H.L - 46% D2 (no study)
    English O.L - 79% B2 ( pissed off with this :mad:)
    Maths H.L - 51% D1 (no study)
    Biology H.L - 29% E (didnt open a book)
    DCG H.L - 74% B3 (barely any study)
    Engineering H.L - 74% B3
    Construction H.L -76% B2
    Art H.L - B (barely any study)

With six best added up = 415 points afaik

FML :/

Even angrier now I got them. Very disappointed. Can't wait to get into 6th year and start cramming :/

Irish O.L( mistake doing ordinary ) 62 % = 25
    English H.L 54 % = 55. Bit disappointed with this, though I did better.
    Maths O.L 54 % = 15. Disappointed again, but did zero work for this. Got 82 at christmas...
    Geography H.L 43% = 45. Not suprised atal, teacher marks extremeley hard. Only 9 out of 23 passed the test. No options on it.
    French H.L 47% = 50. Raging about this, I failed at JC with no work but I really worked for this test....
    BiologyH.L 42% = 45. Worst subject I have, did an awful lot of work to get that result. Blah not bothered.
    Music H.L 57%= 60. Hard test, said I've to work on my practical though and I thought I played good enough :/

On best 6 I got 320 points, aiming for 400 so its very do-able. Disappointed as thought I'd done better but sher I'll motor on! Going to have extra subject also

What Subject are you taking up?.

What Subject are you taking up?.
    Directed at me I'm gonna guess. Taking up Technology ( I hope ), waiting for go ahead from the school :)

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Directed at me I'm gonna guess. Taking up Technology ( I hope ), waiting for go ahead from the school :)
    Yeah it was directed at you! Oh cool! I actually did Technology for the JC, I got a B but had no interest in it what so ever! A girl in my year took it up in September without having done it before! She got 99% in Her Summer Test, so it's meant to be easy enough! Do you do DCG?.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was directed at you! Oh cool! I actually did Technology for the JC, I got a B but had no interest in it what so ever! A girl in my year took it up in September without having done it before! She got 99% in Her Summer Test, so it's meant to be easy enough! Do you do DCG?.
    Yeah I've done tech in 1st & TY. Great interest in it and made a good project both times. Emm nope, we've no subjects like that atal, all girls school!!

Advertisement