Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

:o Doing half of my subjects outside of school has left me a bit clueless really about adding up points, but these are still the best results i'v ever gotten. Ever. By a million miles.

Biology A1 (93%)

Chemistry A1 (96%) <---- I had done the exam papers so many times I had basically learnt the questions off by heart :o

Geography A2 (85%)

English C3 Don't intend to use for points
    Maths B2 (o) Don't intend to use for points.
    Irish F (o) <
    Jesus!!! And I thought I'd passed.... 18%!!!

So I guess I was pleased but I'm nervous about not being able to test my other subjects.

@Those who aren't so sure about medicine anymore, What are you considering as an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

@Those who aren't so sure about medicine anymore, What are you considering as an alternative?

*sniff* I dunno :/ I'm basically ruling out anything involving manual labour, anything mathsy or anything teachery :/

... So I can either be a doctor, a psychologist or a drug dealer :/

Yourself? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

We get 3 results on our report cards because of CA but I'll post the most recent exam results.

Maths: B2
    Geography: A1
    Chemistry:A1
    Biology:A1
    French: B2
    English: B1
    Irish: B1

Not too bad really, all HL. I'll need to improve in Maths and French though!

patar wrote: »
    *sniff* I dunno :/ I'm basically ruling out anything involving manual labour, anything mathsy or anything teachery :/

I think I want to do medicine, But I only recently decided I did really. So I haven't had time to change my mind yet. :p

Ally7 wrote: »
    We get 3 results on our report cards because of CA but I'll post the most recent exam results.

Maths: B2
    Geography: A1
    Chemistry:A1
    Biology:A1
    French: B2
    English: B1
    Irish: B1

Not too bad really, all HL. I'll need to improve in Maths and French though!

Those are Super results :) Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

A drug dealer sounds good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

In once sense, for those of you who did bad in your summer tests, it might give you the kick you need to push on and work harder. As oppposed to those who do well in the summer exam, they might sit back a bit.

Perhaps doing bad now is a blessing in disguise.

Good luck to you all come September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Is anyone thinking of going to the UK? I'd love to do Scandinavian Studies in University College London, but I know I won't :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Call Me Lia

Is anyone thinking of going to the UK? I'd love to do Scandinavian Studies in University College London, but I know I won't :rolleyes:

I'd love to study maths and economics in the London school of economics but I also know I won't :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭checkcheek

ye im prob gonna be studying in the UK, kinda wanna just get away from everything here aswel:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I love the thought of it, but realistically I don't see myself getting myself in order to have the application and stuff in by October - also don't have anything like that kind of money, first of all for their rather exorbitant fees and also for the whole moving to another country thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Hey dont worry too much about it! At the end of the day they stand for absolutley nothing! If you put in the work over the next year you'll be fine! You could easily improve some of those results by putting in a small bit of work!

You still managed to get 245/400 Subjects that you passed!! If you could bring Irish, Economics and Physics up to D3's (only a couple of marks) you'd have 350 points!

Kepp your chin up, you didn't do anything terrible! And P.S your parents will probably be ok about it! I got 540 points and they never even said a thing! So i'm sure yours will understand if you work harder you can achieve more!
    Thanks for that! I was within a few percent of getting a D3 in all three, and I'm looking for around 360 points. I did so badly in Irish because the majority of the class (Bar three or four) cheated their way (had it pre-written out or on their iphone type thing). But to do so badly only a year away from what I'm preparing for isn't great :( Kick up the arse might do me some good though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭gfgfgf14

Happy out lol im consistent.Got 510 again which is grand for me.
    French A2(87) work paid off
    German A2(87) listening stole my a1
    Business A2(87) happy out
    Music B1(82) kinda annoyed but know what went wrong grrr
    Irish B2(77) surprisingly good,twas a difficult test
    English B3(72) grand should improve
    Maths (ol) B1(84) Not gonna be used probably
    LCVP Distinction

Applied languages Ul here i come.....hopefully:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Got the report!

Irish 82
    English 88
    Maths 71 (bit disappointed but it was a hard test)
    Chemistry 74
    Physics 85
    Biology 93
    French 85 (lost a load on spelling and grammar :/)

Altogether I got 555 with the HL maths bonus points so pretty thrilled! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Any of the Home Ec. students want to help me out?
    I'm thinking of dropping Physics and doing Home Ec. for my LC, is it a wise decision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭checkcheek

Got my report today

Irish ol 60%-not too bothered deffo wont be usin for points in the lc
    English HL 82% -so happy as i didnt put in as much time as i would have liked prob wont be usin for points in the lc
    Maths HL 76% -So so so happy
    Chemistry HL 95% - No surprise really, always taught chem is easy
    Physics Hl 98% - Really happy, i put in so much work
    Geography HL 92% - Happy enough, taught i was goin to do worse, but i know i can do better
    French HL 88% Happy enought with this, didnt do too great on the oral but sure ill work on it
    Music HL 91% delighted with this, was the listening i found the most difficult

So thats So thats 590 points with the extra maths points!!! its an improvement over christmas where i got 565 points so now just to hope i get the 590 or more in my lc:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patar

Ack I just counted up my points... 555 :/ Ich muss das Zeugnis verbessern :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Ack I just counted up my points... 555 :/ Ich muss das Zeugnis verbessern :/

Points mean SFA in Fifth year. They're aren't really that much of an indicator of what points you'll get in the LC.

NotExactly wrote: »
    Points mean SFA in Fifth year. They're aren't really that much of an indicator of what points you'll get in the LC.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

:confused:
    SFA = Sweet Fcuk All

• Advertisement

Got my results. Kinda weird they are out soo early..

English 49 - So happy I passed
    Irish 79 - Was expecting that :)
    Maths 25 - Oh dear :rolleyes:
    French 59 - Kinda though I did better :(
    Biology 60 - Happy
    Business 75 - Can't believe i got that :D
    Music 77 - Hard test so happy
    Lcvp Merit

So basically i failed cos of Maths. Other than that got 390. Hmm next year will be tough :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Gotta work real hard coffeelover....Best of luck for next year! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Just finished my leaving cert so I thought I'd just say don't get complacent. As was said before this, points mean nothing in 5th year. Well done to ye but remember ye more than likely have a large fraction of the syllabus to cover next year. Those points were based on a part of yeer whole course. Thought I'd say it because I saw people get 600 points in their 5th year results, and then struggle to pass subjects when the workload increased. Enjoy the summer, ye'll miss it next year! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Got my results too! :) Pretty shocked tbh....:eek:

All Honours- 5th yr

Irish A2 = 85%
    English A2 =85%
    Maths A1 = 96%
    Biology A1 = 98%
    Accounting A1 = 91%
    French B1 = 80%
    Chemistry A1 =96%

Total = 580 ( doesnt include extra H.L maths points and doing music outside school )

This does not mean I'm not gonna study next year... just mostly in french english and Irish.. I never liked English and french until this year (still don't really like English)... but got a class teacher and started liking it...:) but sadly she's gone now... any tips in French or English... ? I'm happy to help anyone if they need help in any subjects above like.... Hahah I just really need help in english! :P ( Lucky mark in english.. the Hamlet essay i handed into my teacher was the title of our Hamlet question for the exams! :D :L )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Got my report straight after work today :) pleasantly surprised :
    Irish -HL -71% -B3
    German -HL -86% -A2
    English -HL -90% -A1
    Religion ---- -90% -A1
    Business -HL -89% -A2 (pissed off cz one mark off an A1 :( )
    Economics -HL -96% -A1
    History -HL -66% -C1
    Maths -HL -69% -C1 ( annoyed aswell one mark off B3) :(
    Adds to 525 points and then 25 extra points for maths = 550 :)
    Really happy worked so hard this year struggling with a part time job and school :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Got my results too! :) Pretty shocked tbh....:eek:

All Honours- 5th yr

Irish A2 = 85%
    English A2 =85%
    Maths A1 = 96%
    Biology A1 = 98%
    Accounting A1 = 91%
    French B1 = 80%
    Chemistry A1 =96%

Total = 580 ( doesnt include extra H.L maths points and doing music outside school )

This does not mean I'm not gonna study next year... just mostly in french english and Irish.. I never liked English and french until this year (still don't really like English)... but got a class teacher and started liking it...:) but sadly she's gone now... any tips in French or English... ? I'm happy to help anyone if they need help in any subjects above like.... Hahah I just really need help in english! :P ( Lucky mark in english.. the Hamlet essay i handed into my teacher was the title of our Hamlet question for the exams! :D :L )
    Did you join to post this? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I got my results today, thought i did a little better, but good overall :)

English (H) - C1 66%
    Spanish (H) - C1 68%
    Chemistry (H) - B1 82%
    Biology (H) - A1 90%
    Music (H )- A2 85%
    Maths (H) - A2 86%
    Irish (O) - B3 73%

So with the extra Maths points that's 530!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Namlub wrote: »
    Did you join to post this? :L

Hahahah no, I joined to see what i need to bring to the gaeltacht and saw this forum... :P:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Over the moon with my results (all HL):
    Geography A1 98%
    Biology A1 98%
    Chemistry A1 98%
    Irish A2 88% (Left out a section on the paper so I'm happy)
    English A2 85% (Can't believe it! Never get As in English)
    German B3 73% (extremely happy with this cos we got a HL leaving cert exam paper which I found v difficult)
    Maths E 35% (happy out, moving to OL first day back anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

You guys all did really well! Congrats. :D

What I would say is don't take these points as an accurate interpretation of what's to come next year! Summer tests usually aren't the same examination format/correction format, so they're not a real interpretation of the exam, however, if you do well in them, it signifies that you're putting the work in, (and clearly all of you are.. you geniuses :P).

PS: Keep up the work next year.. So many people in my year (myself included) got drained in 6th year and got complacent with their work.. <_< Study study kids..

Advertisement