Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lorin1234567

Study! simple as. I know everyone is naggin on about "oh you gota study bla bla bla" all that b.s but they mean it. I missed my course by 5 points because it rose by 200 bloody points this year! now im stuck in a crappy course i didnt want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

storm2811 wrote: »
    Could you not switch to different one?
    I'm really REALLY hoping I get the same Irish teacher I had in second and third year,if not I'm gonna do everything I can to get into his class!

Well I might have to anyway, because there are only 2 people in my french class apart from me so I have a feeling they might put us into the other French class and then I would have the other Chemistry teacher because of timetabling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Study! simple as. I know everyone is naggin on about "oh you gota study bla bla bla" all that b.s but they mean it. I missed my course by 5 points because it rose by 200 bloody points this year! now im stuck in a crappy course i didnt want.

200 points? what course was that? Thats the biggest jump Ive heard of. I heard of some jumping 85 and 75 but 200 is massive!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lorin1234567

vis com was 630 ish i think last year
    it was 800 this year
    (including a portfolio)
    i got 795 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I got such amazing teachers!! biggrin.gif

I hope to god i get good teachers too. I won't know until wednesday though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Managed to be in school a full day without finding out one thing about our classes or timetable. Instead we spent the day doing crappy TY-style activities to "get to know each other", then things got pretty sinister when it turned out the people doing them were some mental Jesus cult. Why is my school such a failure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

CianDon wrote: »
    I'm back aswell tomorrow morning. Thang god it's only for 30 mins to get a timetable and just check the classes im in for the subjects. I only realised there yesterday that getting up for school at 7.30 is actually later than what i've been doing all summer for work. Now that is sad alright.
    30 minutes?? Jealousssss... And I so don't regret not getting a summer job now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I got such amazing teachers!! :D
    Except for chemistry, she's a ****ing idiot, but oh well!
    **** chemistry teacher? :/ Poor you, I wouldn't have chosen it if I didn't know that the only 2 chemistry teachers in my school are excellent.
    Namlub wrote: »
    Managed to be in school a full day without finding out one thing about our classes or timetable. Instead we spent the day doing crappy TY-style activities to "get to know each other", then things got pretty sinister when it turned out the people doing them were some mental Jesus cult. Why is my school such a failure?
    People drive to my school in tractors. I feel your pain! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Namlub wrote: »

The "mental Jesus cult" you're on about, are they Authentic Youth? They come to our school every year :D

Back to school today and i have the worst teachers ever :mad:
    Definatly changing some of my option subjects.
    Why o why didn't i move school :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

well after reading all this im so not looking forward to going into TY this year! im going to forget everything...:/ oh well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Ugh,my English teacher is my history teacher from last year who just rambles and rambles.:mad:

Had two English classes today and it took her the two classes just to read a poem and rabble on about Seamus Heaney.
    She'll never get everything done!!

Ugh,my English teacher is my history teacher from last year who just rambles and rambles.:mad:

Had two English classes today and it took her the two classes just to read a poem and rabble on about Seamus Heaney.
    She'll never get everything done!!

Same here my english teacher just rambles and rambles. I had her for the JC and she was a disaster. Thank god she only teaches english though.

Same here my english teacher just rambles and rambles. I had her for the JC and she was a disaster. Thank god she only teaches english though.

Ugh,I don't know how those kind of teachers are still there!
    She just rambled on with "facts" (I say it like that because last year she told us that Louis Pasetur invented penicillin :pac:) about Heaney's life,don't get me wrong,I'm a fan of his work but she could have actually got through 2 poems today instead of one.

I started today too.
    My French, Chemistry, Business and Maths teachers are all absolutely fantastic teachers.
    My English teacher is quite good. I'd prefer to have been put in one of the other classes, but I won't complain, she's pretty good :)
    My Irish teacher is brutal but I don't care 'cuz I don't like Irish anyways and I'm doing pass.
    And my Biology teacher is equally awful, I'm thinking of asking if I can switch classes though, 'cuz I need to get good points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I started today too, it was fairly shít. My teachers are all fairly good bar my Irish one, but luckily I'm starting grinds in it soon! Is anyone else totally wrecked?

Is anyone else totally wrecked?

+1
    I can barely stay awake and i only had a half day today :(

Ally7 wrote: »
    I started today too, it was fairly shít. My teachers are all fairly good bar my Irish one, but luckily I'm starting grinds in it soon! Is anyone else totally wrecked?
    My friend lives a good bit away from the school and she wouldn't've had a lift home for like another hour so i waited with her, we went to the pitch and literally collapsed onto the ground. It was so comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Factorizing.
    Remember that 10 mark part a from the JC?
    Yeah I can't make head nor tail of it.

Damn TY:mad:

Ally7 wrote: »

Yep,nearly fell asleep in biology, like that kind of half awake half asleep feeling,arrgh!

I have two crap teachers,maths and English but I got the Irish teacher I wanted!:D
    He picked all his JC students and then pretended it was by chance..:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Factorizing.
    Remember that 10 mark part a from the JC?
    Yeah I can't make head nor tail of it.

Damn TY:mad:

We started that again too, twas fairly confusing :P
    storm2811 wrote: »
    Yep,nearly fell asleep in biology, like that kind of half awake half asleep feeling,arrgh!

I have two crap teachers,maths and English but I got the Irish teacher I wanted!:D
    He picked all his JC students and then pretended it was by chance..:pac:

I knew I wouldn't get every teacher perfect so I'm not too disappointed! There;s only 5 in our chemistry class which is a great consolation :D Did anyone else get homework on their first day back?

I started classes today and it was AWFUL :mad:
    My english, business, biology and lcvp teachers are a DISASTER.
    My french and irish teachers are good.
    My music teacher is ok.

Kill me now :(

I know how you feel,I just can't get over how much of an idiot my English teacher is!:mad:

She's making everyone write notes on every poem on little post its and stick them in their copy, even though I had my own notes written already.
    Then she gave us all out sheets about poetry terms, similies,alliteration etc etc. even though EVERYONE knows what they are, she spent half a class talking about them and explaining to us what vowels are..WTF!??!
    I wrote all the notes on the poem myself because she can't see a metaphor when it's pretty much hitting her in the face.:mad:

/Rant.

Looks like I will(along with most of the class) be doing a shit load of work in English myself for the LC because she has just about the basic concept of it.

Oh my god our english teacher didn't even do anything with us today.. He asked us about the merchant of venice and asked how do u spell bassanio :confused: and all this ****e that is to do with the JC not the LC. And he stares up at the ceiling and wall the whole time :mad:

Sorry i need to rant too haha.
    Ya i shall be doing a lot of work on my own for a lot of other subjects too :mad:

Oh my god our english teacher didn't even do anything with us today.. He asked us about the merchant of venice and asked how do u spell bassanio :confused: and all this ****e that is to do with the JC not the LC. And he stares up at the ceiling and wall the whole time :mad:

Sorry i need to rant too haha.
    Ya i shall be doing a lot of work on my own for a lot of other subjects too :mad:

Ahh, there's definitely a shortage of good English teachers, it's one of my favourite subjects like so I'll just have to put most of the work in myself.

Crap.:(
    Luckily my other teachers are quite good, apart from German.

Ahh, there's definitely a shortage of good English teachers

Ya for sure :(
    Luckily my other teachers are quite good

Ya you are soo lucky. I was sure i'd have good teachers but most of them are crap. I have a feeling i'll be repeating or else i'm moving school! :(

Ya for sure :(

Ya you are soo lucky. I was sure i'd have good teachers but most of them are crap. I have a feeling i'll be repeating or else i'm moving school! :(

That sucks.:(
    Could you switch teachers if there's more than one class like?
    I was considering switching my English class but the other HL teacher is just as bad, the only good one is teaching pass!

Oh does anyone know what novels they're doing for English yet?
    We're doing Circle of Friends and another one but we don't know what it is yet.:P

Could you switch teachers if there's more than one class like?

No theres only one class of everything :(
    I'm considering switching biology to accounting and business to chemistry. The accounting teacher is brill. Not sure about the chemistry but i don't think i'd like it.

Going giving myself a year and after 5th year if i'm still as depressed with my teachers as I am now i'm leaving! :rolleyes:

No theres only one class of everything :(
    I'm considering switching biology to accounting and business to chemistry. The accounting teacher is brill. Not sure about the chemistry but i don't think i'd like it.

Going giving myself a year and after 5th year if i'm still as depressed with my teachers as I am now i'm leaving! :rolleyes:

Ugh,small enough school is it?
    My friend is doing biology and thinks it's hard enough,I'm doing biology and it's ok so far, bit boring though,what do you think of it?
    I'd say just do whatever you liked best in the JC!

I was thinking about that too last year but didn't want to leave my friends!:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

My first two days in Fifth Year have been... interesting. Had homework for the first time since June 2009, I'd nearly forgotten the process. Learned some Latin vocab, and it blew my mind that I actually remembered it 5 minutes later. I've also had the Safety Dance stuck in my head the entire time, which has been a nuisance, but a positive is that I have great English, Physics, History, French and Latin teachers.

Downside is that I have a Maths teacher who is so pretentious that she insists we refer to her as 'Doctor'. She's a real headdeskbanger. I'm doing higher now, but it'll probably work out in 6th Year like a Pokemon move - "Superbus used Drop to Ordinary Level, It's Super-Effective!"

Advertisement