Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Years!! (2010-2011)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My biology teacher is atrocious. He just reads through the book and tells us to underline literally, and i mean literally, everything.
    And my Irish teacher reads through poems and makes us repeat. She thinks we're in 5th class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

storm2811 wrote: »
    Ugh,small enough school is it?
    My friend is doing biology and thinks it's hard enough,I'm doing biology and it's ok so far, bit boring though,what do you think of it?
    I'd say just do whatever you liked best in the JC!

I was thinking about that too last year but didn't want to leave my friends!:o

Ya it's quite small but most of my year did TY so thats why the numbers are waaay down :(

Ya well we have only did the first chapter and it's ok. I like it but my teacher goes on about stuff that isn't revelant to the course at all :(

What other subjects are you doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

" MIIIISSSSS, Whats 'is' in Irish"

GET OUT OF MY HONOURS IRISH CLASS!! Slowing **** down and all :p:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Ya it's quite small but most of my year did TY so thats why the numbers are waaay down :(

Ya well we have only did the first chapter and it's ok. I like it but my teacher goes on about stuff that isn't revelant to the course at all :(

What other subjects are you doing?

Ohh right, yeah my teacher does pretty much the same thing.:rolleyes:
    I'm doing biology, history, German, LCVP and art, I want to change to home ec but it's not working very well, the principal said yes so I asked my art teacher, she said no, went and asked my principal again.."We'll see". Grrr!
    What are you doin?
    " MIIIISSSSS, Whats 'is' in Irish"

GET OUT OF MY HONOURS IRISH CLASS!! Slowing **** down and all :p:mad:
    :pac:
    I know, my English teacher is like that in a way, she explains to us the simplest of words like we're idiots or something yet on the first day she was rambling on saying that if we weren't smart enough we'd get kicked out.:pac:

Ohh right, yeah my teacher does pretty much the same thing.rolleyes.gif
    I'm doing biology, history, German, LCVP and art, I want to change to home ec but it's not working very well, the principal said yes so I asked my art teacher, she said no, went and asked my principal again.."We'll see". Grrr!
    What are you doin?

Haha o thank god i'm not the only one with a teacher like her :rolleyes:.. I'm doing biology, LCVP, business and music. Ya i think i'm going to ask to change to accounting. Hopefully it will be a yes.. God your art teacher must love you so ;)

• Advertisement

Haha o thank god i'm not the only one with a teacher like her :rolleyes:.. I'm doing biology, LCVP, business and music. Ya i think i'm going to ask to change to accounting. Hopefully it will be a yes.. God your art teacher must love you so ;)

What do you think of LCVP so far?We haven't really done much yet but some of it seems like the CSPE and religion projects!
    Anyone else on here doing it?

I don't know why really, I'm no good compared to the others in my class.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 maemaeve16

oooh just started 5th year .. Its so hard already,Can't remember ANYTHING since TY... History looks difficult,anyone else doing it?Anyone doing Macbeth?

Ohh right, yeah my teacher does pretty much the same thing.:rolleyes:
    What are you doin?

:pac:
    I know, my English teacher is like that in a way, she explains to us the simplest of words like we're idiots or something yet on the first day she was rambling on saying that if we weren't smart enough we'd get kicked out.:pac:
    Today, I asked my English teacher why she was making us highlight basically every line of Hamlet. She responded "If you don't like the way I run the class, drop down to pass by all means."
    Ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

After being back for a few I have realized school is really important to show how little you care about anything and probably never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Jaysus, you're only in 5th year Storm?:eek:

Repeating 5th years sucks so far.:(

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    Jaysus, you're only in 5th year Storm?:eek:

Repeating 5th years sucks so far.:(

Indeed!:p
    Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

maemaeve16 wrote: »
    oooh just started 5th year .. Its so hard already,Can't remember ANYTHING since TY... History looks difficult,anyone else doing it?Anyone doing Macbeth?

AFAIK you can do macbeth for the 2012 leaving cert, you have to do hamlet or a winter tale (if you are doing higher):D

Indeed!:p
    Why?

You come across as a lot older in your posts, not that that's a bad thing.:P

You come across as a lot older in your posts, not that that's a bad thing.:P

Oh right, thanks I suppose.:p
    How you finding 5th year so far anyway?

Oh right, thanks I suppose.:p
    How you finding 5th year so far anyway?

Ah boring, miss all the people that went on to do 6th year while I stayed back.
    How're you getting on in it?

Ah boring, miss all the people that went on to do 6th year while I stayed back.
    How're you getting on in it?

Ah it's alright, apart from my English teacher but I think I've ranted about her enough at this stage.:pac:

Why did you decide to repeat if you don't mind me asking?

Ah it's alright, apart from my English teacher but I think I've ranted about her enough at this stage.:pac:

Why did you decide to repeat if you don't mind me asking?

Oh Jaysus, every English teacher I've had has beena major pain in the arse.:pac:

Ah, didn't do enough last year and the summer results showed it, and my Mammy made me.:P
    Had it in me head that fifth year was a doss up until about May then though "Shít, I'm screwed."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

I think all English teachers must be shíte. My teacher just goes off topic and we never get anything done. Starting applied maths and I am kinda worried about what to expect. History is great we have just been watching videos like 'the eternal jew'.

Oh Jaysus, every English teacher I've had has beena major pain in the arse.:pac:

Ah, didn't do enough last year and the summer results showed it, and my Mammy made me.:P
    Had it in me head that fifth year was a doss up until about May then though "Shít, I'm screwed."

Ah I had a great one for the JC but she doesn't teach HL for the leaving.:(
    Ohh, damn mammies.:pac:
    I'm gonna try and go a good bitta work this year..but I say that every year..hmm..
    _Bella_ wrote: »
    I think all English teachers must be shíte. My teacher just goes off topic and we never get anything done. Starting applied maths and I am kinda worried about what to expect. History is great we have just been watching videos like 'the eternal jew'.

History seems alright so far, not been doing much work in yet though either.
    What's that??:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

History seems alright so far, not been doing much work in yet though either.
    What's that??:pac:

Nazi propaganda, basically talks about how the Jews are the rats of society and behind all crime and prostitution.

• Advertisement

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Nazi propaganda, basically talks about how the Jews are the rats of society and behind all crime and prostitution.

Ahh I see, our teacher is mad to show us a bunch of films about Gandhi this year.:p

We're starting our essay thingy that doesn't have to be in until April/May 2012 next week.:eek:

Might be going to Belfast after we do the Northern Ireland section, though.:D

My business teacher's making us study already! I've just finished learning the first 5 pages of the book off by heart -.- i know that it's a good thing really, but still :P i'm proud of myself though, i didn't even do homework in 3rd year.

My business teacher's making us study already! I've just finished learning the first 5 pages of the book off by heart -.- i know that it's a good thing really, but still :P i'm proud of myself though, i didn't even do homework in 3rd year.

We had a double class of business the last day and we didn't even do half a page. God help me when the leaving comes :rolleyes:

We had a double class of business the last day and we didn't even do half a page. God help me when the leaving comes :rolleyes:
    Really? I just got off the phone to my friend, and she had double physics on Friday and they're halfway through the first chapter already. My chemistry teacher is just sorta making us remember some JC chem to give us a foundation on which to start, we've had 3 classes and haven't used the book yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

I know who you are :P

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Not back 'til Wednesday. Nobody knows me here, so it's not embarrassing to say it, but I'm a bit excited for the first day! :D
    haha I know you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Started last tuesday, great teachers except for irish, he's ridiculous, just tells us to put words into sentences in class every day and gives us 3 sentences for homwwork, then spends the whole next class correcting 3 sentences . . .:rolleyes:

Really? I just got off the phone to my friend, and she had double physics on Friday and they're halfway through the first chapter already. My chemistry teacher is just sorta making us remember some JC chem to give us a foundation on which to start, we've had 3 classes and haven't used the book yet.

Ya and the first day we spent the whole class reading the table of contents :rolleyes:. Ya we are halfway through our second chapter in biology! How come everyone has started on Hamlet? We started the poetry! Hamlet wasn't even on our booklists :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ya and the first day we spent the whole class reading the table of contents :rolleyes:. Ya we are halfway through our second chapter in biology! How come everyone has started on Hamlet? We started the poetry! Hamlet wasn't even on our booklists :rolleyes:

We started with poetry too, not doing Hamlet untill next year.
    Finally finished one poem, only took about 6 classes.:rolleyes:

She said today that we should tell her if she's going too fast or too slow everyone said it was fine and I was just there "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!":pac:
    I'm out numbered though.:(

On the plus side, I got to switch to home ec.

Advertisement