Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Edward at the Helix

Options
  • 14-07-2010 5:21pm
    Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭

I went to see John Edward at the Helix last Saturday night. He was talking philosophy and demonstrating mediumship. I'm used to the spiritualist way of doing things, so I thought it would be interesting to see someone from a different background, and I also wanted to see how he came across when he wasnt edited for tv.

Have to be honest, I hated a lot of the show. Tonnes of cold reading going on, with a few lucky guesses it seemed. He was aggressive and browbeat his recipients when they couldnt recognise the evidence. He also did a reading with information that imo should never have been given in a demonstration, it belonged in a private sitting.

It cost a lot to see him, and I would not consider going again. I wondered if anyone else went, and if so, what you thought. Is it only me who thought he was pretty awful?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Personally I like John Edwards. I was at his show on Friday, and saw him last year too. I found the show last year so much more powerful. He did pick up on plenty of things even on Friday, which could not have been done by cold reading, one instance being how someone's daughter currently had a brain tumour, and info he gave surrounding that.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I liked his philosophy, and he did give some supportive information to a couple who got a reading, but all in all it came off quite negative to me, which is why I asked here. I had high hopes for him based on the tv show, but his personality seemed completely different in this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

When he explained things last year he came across better, as last year before he started he stayed that when he insists on something being the case it is about confidence etc, and I think that gave a better impression for people who had never seen him live before.

Here's a link from the show I saw last year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055680112&highlight=John+Edwards

Advertisement