Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assessing a websites rankings?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi folks,
    I was wondering if there was some kind of tool out there that makes it easy to assess a websites rankings (LMGTFY I hear you cry!), but gives you a good insight in to how good or bad its coded and optimised and maybe even some kind of comparison to competitors?

Basically like doing a google search for you and all your competitors and then presenting the data in graphs and giving you a clear overall picture of where you stand?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

loads of one trick pony sites that give you ratings.

Really the only way to assess this would be, in the main, human intervention.

You can assess the coding etc though any verification programme - for what's that worth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

A site I use daily and really find excellent is seosupporter.com.
    You set up a project, enter your keywords and enter in your competitors and voila. Its really handy when you have over 100 sites.

Its in beta so its free and works great. Only problem I have with it is that it doesnt always update on a daily basis.

There are tons of others out there.

Just read your question again and what you can use is Market Samurai or else traffic travis. Both give the top 20 results for a specific keyword and tell you how well optimised each site is in terms of title, description, H1 tags, backlinks, age, pr.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 francophile

If you use Firefox - try SEO Doctor plugin. It will tell you how good the page is and offer advice.

Advertisement