Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Deathspank

• 14-07-2010 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get this, playing the demo at the moment. Kind of a hack and slash rpg with a bucket of monkey island humor thrown in :D

Looks like it could be worth shelling out for in terms of game length, just wondering if I should hold off for deal of the week ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

didn't realise this was out. I havn't been madly waiting for this as i woulda preffered a new adventure game from ron gilbert but i'll deffo be checking it out all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Tried downloading it this morning, but was getting errors.

It has honestly flown under the radar for me until I read about it yesterday. Sounds really fun - Monkey Island humour in any game is a plus (just like Psychonauts).

Will try and download the demo again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'll pick it up tomorrow. Nice of my Xbox to die two days before the release of the new model, I think someone's trying to tell me something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Picked it up last night and played abit of it. It is really funny, i was actually laughing out loud (well not loud, but not in my head atleast :P) at some of the lines in it. The meshing of the 2D and 3D graphics is very cool and unique looking. The gameplay is decent... You mash two buttons for your regular attacks and press another when you get your special bar filled up, and you can block. Thats about it

The game world seems huge, im only in the first quest area and there is a decent amount of side quest. At the moment i dont regret spending the 12 Euro :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

At the moment i dont regret spending the 12 Euro :D

Yeah was thinking there was value for money there alright, just the way ms have been lashing out the deals of the week recently I'm wondering how long it will be before it's down to 800 points, 3 or 4 months maybe? I'll hold off till I clear the back log at least but after playing the demo again tonight it will be picked up sooner rather than later I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Gave the trial a spin, tis indeed very funny, best line was for when you earn an achievement and the "buy now" message appears. Deathspank said something like "If you buy only 1 game this year, you dont play very many games do you"

Had me in stitches for a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I grabbed it yesterday and played it for a few hours. Its very funny and good fun too. Takes a bit of getting used to at the start though. If you wade into a big group of enemies with weapons swinging, they'll cut you apart. You need to pick them off in batches, and use your arrows while targetting an enemy and backing off at the same time to weaken them (at least until you get stronger).

Looking forward to playing more over the weekend.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I played the demo of this at the Showcase and I loved it, definite buy for me when I can get a 16Gb USB stick cause my hard drive's full :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Downloaded the demo yesterday, and loved it, so sprung for the full game today, and just spent a couple of hours on it! :)

Awesome stuff, with the humour in the dialogue, it's not far off being MonkeySpank :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played it for around half an hour last night, very well written and presented but definitely takes a wee bit of time to get used to - was getting destroyed by enemies with much higher levels everytime I took the wrong path :o

Seems fun though, will give it more time over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Might buy on the strength of its name alone "DEATHSPANK"

Sounds like some risky **** game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Bought it and it's quite entertaining. A lot of health on offer though so it is quite feasible to run away mid-battle for quick snack. Entertaining dialogue. Haven't had to grind but I do find myself running into a load of 'Stoopid Chickens' and going nuts :D

🤪

Advertisement