Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre width question.

• 14-07-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭

Hello knowledgeable ones

I'm looking at putting slicks on my gf's mtb rims the knobbly's are 2", how narrow can I go?

Thanks a mill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

a few mill wider than the rim with is minimum you can go really.

the rim width is printed on good wheels, or just measure the width after you take the tyre off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

If the rim is standard (mavic XC) mtb width then 1.0", if its a standard cheap wheel I would go 1.25. The tyre has to be wider than rim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Thanks for that!

Advertisement