Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is my 360 on the way out?

• 14-07-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭

No red lights at all but four times in the last two days the console has frozen up with white vertical lines on the screen, making a buzzing noise. It won't respond to any controls but works again when I reset it. Only seems to happen when loaded/playing something, never happened in the dashboard.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

To the best of my knowledge artifacts on the screen generally means the GPU is on the way out. Not sure about the freezing, is it out of warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, more than three years old. To be honest, I'm surprised it's lasted this long. Still, gives me an excuse to get the new model on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Well from the models built from summer last year onwards, are meant to be considerably better, the Jasper models have a cooler running GPU and CPU, I'm picking up the new model on Friday myself, mainly for a larger hard disk and quieter DVD drive. More license transfering, :rolleyes:.

Advertisement