Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone working in carphone warehouse know..

Options
  • 14-07-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

Is the samsung galaxy s sold unlocked on pre pay with vodafone or O2?

I know it's an android phone but I thought I might get a better response here.

According to whoever answered the telephone in CPW it is unlocked but according to a shop staff member it's not. Anyone able to clarify?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It could be locked in stores, and unlocked in others, depending on when and what stock they got. I dont work in CPW just going from experience

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

I was in the CPW today currently on O2 Prepay and was going to settle on a Samsung Wave but before I left the shop assistant was telling that it would be slowly using credit and I be better off on a bill...and to get a Galaxy S

According to the shop assistant I'd be getting a €600 worth phone for €99.

I don't make a lot of calls / texts / internet so I'm at home tonight thinking about porting to Meteor to get a 1G data and 30 euro a month then again I read about dodgy coverage and wonder. Staying with O2 would cost me 40 a month but you'd get 2G of data then...part of me is trying to justify it...the other half treat yourself get a gps 5mega pixel camera and android os to play around with....hmm

So its seems today I could have gone for O2 or Meteor..with the Galaxy S

Advertisement