Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The fans of the tour de france

• 14-07-2010 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

While the Tour has the world’s largest viewing figures for an annual sports event and the third highest figures for any sports event, you can forget that the towns and villages have almost all of their streets packed with the local people – and boy does this add up. 15 million according the ‘The 100 years of Le Tour’ opinion poll in 2003.

The huge numbers of caravan vehicles, cars, motorbikes and helicopters has made the Tour accessible to all and over the last few years the mass media coverage has made some fans stand out in particular.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

And :confused:

oh you mean the devil? - that guys a legend by now. I bet he has about 30 cats and his house is full of junk.

of course not he lives in a VW van and grows his own......veg.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Here's a right dodgey fecker:
    HPIM0258.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 oilcanharry

The fans of the TDF who spend entire days getting the perfect spot to watch the circus pass along and show their encouragement to the riders are great in my opinion. Sitting on the side of a mountain waiting & waiting and then it all passes by in a matter of minutes. Great dedication to the sport or maybe just the whole spectical.

What I can't understand is the type of complete idiot who waits all day on the side of a mountain stage to run up the road in the way of the riders, or throw water over the riders when it is clearly not wanted or perhaps the greatest idiot I have seen so far this year was the one who punched Contador in the shoulder the other day. Contador just looked back and shook his head. Why bother????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Here's a right dodgey fecker:
    HPIM0258.jpg

Man seriously, you need a new jersey, this is too big for you. It's not euro!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Man seriously, you need a new jersey, this is too big for you. It's not euro!

I know, we won't be ordering new jerseys until next year. Still though, a baggy jersey is a good sign of how much weight I've lost since I joined the club :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 chronyx

I know, we won't be ordering new jerseys until next year. Still though, a baggy jersey is a good sign of how much weight I've lost since I joined the club :)
    he wear "cofides" ?i think it is "cofidis" in 2010 new jersey.Like this.right?
    and the price is $53.i think it is good price,i will get a new cycling jersey for myself.i am thinking about which jerseys should i buy.because so many styles 2010 new cycling jerseys this year,as sky,radio shack,rock racing,grey saxo bank,wow,I see the dazzling. I do not even know what is a good choice?haha:D20100715094613718.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 chronyx

me@ucd wrote: »
    And :confused:

oh you mean the devil? - that guys a legend by now. I bet he has about 30 cats and his house is full of junk.

of course not he lives in a VW van and grows his own......veg.
    Tour_De_Gap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

heading off to the tour today with wifey and four kids.
    2 ferry trips, 20 hours driving and numerous cups of strong coffee!
    its worth every minute of it when you get to see guys you aspire to be zoom past you in a matter of seconds and you appreciate more than ever the suffering the go through each day.

roll on the tourmalet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

garminguy wrote: »
    heading off to the tour today with wifey and four kids.
    2 ferry trips, 20 hours driving and numerous cups of strong coffee!
    What drugs did you use on your wife and kids so they follow you ...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 oilcanharry

Are those drugs prescribed to just your family or will they work on mine too I wonder? :D

Please tell us the names of the drugs!!! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭garminguy

they only drug i use is my chislled good looks and charm any maybe mention something about visiting theme parks and shoe stores.

:)

Advertisement