Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some feedback! on new phone

Options
  • 14-07-2010 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi all,

Right, I need a new phone. I am planning on getting an IPhone 4 once its out over here.

But i need something for now. I have a Blackberry Storm atm and its sh!t.

I was looking at the N97 but then seen the N900, Nex One etc etc

What would you lot recommend for

connecting to the net (twitter/Gmail/bebo etc )

I want a good screen/cam and keyboard for texting.

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

All those phones are going to cost you a lot of cash. Would it be that bad to wait a few months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

All those phones are going to cost you a lot of cash. Would it be that bad to wait a few months?

I have been waiting a few year for an iphone. I was ment to get the Iphone 3gs when it came out but went with the BlackBerry and i am need of a upgrade, The BBS is doing my nut in lol

Also, I can pick one of them up on donedeal/adverts cheap enough, I got 200-400 euro handy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Well I have a Desire and love it. It would be in your budget

Cheers for the reply,

But after doing some reading, It seems the Iphone 4 isnt all that.

I may pickup a 3GS and wait for iphone 4 2.0 :d

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The iphone 4 is all that, and you won't be waiting months give it a couple (2) weeks.

• Advertisement

The iphone 4 is all that, and you won't be waiting months give it a couple (2) weeks.

Where did you get that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

screen, bt, and coverage issues on the iPhone 4...id say you should go for nexus one...stay away from nokias as they will be a disappointment

screen, bt, and coverage issues on the iPhone 4...id say you should go for nexus one...stay away from nokias as they will be a disappointment

What do you think of the samsung galaxy s or HTC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

HTC desire or, if you prefer the form factor, Legend.

Nokia is producing very poor high end stuff right now. Sony Ericsson's android is still on 1.6 !!

Otherwise maybe hold out for a price drop on iPhone 3GS, it's a nice handset or wait for iPhone 4 bugs to be ironed out. I'd say it'll be revised in the next few months.

i dont know about galaxy s but as far as i read it has been getting good reviews.

i have a htc hd2 now with WinMo and not complaining...for a simple good everyday phone to help you with ur tasks i would rec desire (personally i dont like it cause of the form factor and too much plastic) but a few people i know have gotten them and they like it very much...Easy to use and comfortable in hand.

Though i would pick htc...samsung are known for bad built quality...wheres as htc phone are very well built

• Advertisement

i dont know about galaxy s but as far as i read it has been getting good reviews.

i have a htc hd2 now with WinMo and not complaining...for a simple good everyday phone to help you with ur tasks i would rec desire (personally i dont like it cause of the form factor and too much plastic) but a few people i know have gotten them and they like it very much...Easy to use and comfortable in hand.

Though i would pick htc...samsung are known for bad built quality...wheres as htc phone are very well built

if i am to be honest, While your speaking about form factor, I love the N97, Touchscreen with a slide out keyboard. To me thats perfect. I was about to buy one, Till i did some reading, The n9000 is meant to be alot better. But then i heard about the HTC Desire, Hence the reason for this thread.

I am worst off then before i started lol

My short list atm ( in no order )

Iphone 4 ( Maybe )
    HTC Desire
    HTC Desire HD ( Eu Evo 4 )
    N97 or N9000
    Samg galaxy s ( still looking in to it )

Iphone 4 ( Maybe ) - if u want ur phone for calls (depends on the coverage :P ) messages easy UI, and ur an app freak and your not interested in fiddling around with the phone and finding out what it can really do
    HTC Desire
    overal reviews brilliant - highy customizable UI out of the box and even more if rooted. and u got XDA portal with loads of devs lists goes on of advantages of an open source OS
    HTC Desire HD ( Eu Evo 4 )
    - date not confirmed so it could have massive delays for its launch drag it out to holidays...
    N97 or N9000
    - N97 is a no go trust me...its slow its sluggish...i hated it when i had it. my describtion for it its like an old dog...it does the job but slowly til you gotta get the showel (built quality low too) if u want something like it get the X10 Pro...N900 is far better but still not delivering as it should compared to the rest of the phones
    Samg galaxy s ( still looking in to it )
    overall reviews good...still doesnt beat the Desire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Pm me if you want to get rid of the blackberry

overal reviews brilliant - highy customizable UI out of the box and even more if rooted. and u got XDA portal with loads of devs lists goes on of advantages of an open source OS

- date not confirmed so it could have massive delays for its launch drag it out to holidays...

- N97 is a no go trust me...its slow its sluggish...i hated it when i had it. my describtion for it its like an old dog...it does the job but slowly til you gotta get the showel (built quality low too) if u want something like it get the X10 Pro...N900 is far better but still not delivering as it should compared to the rest of the phones

overall reviews good...still doesnt beat the Desire

Cheers for that,

So its coming to do HTC Desire again :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Desire is a great phone. YOu could wait til the deisre hd comes out but by then the deisre hd2 or what ever they deside to call it will be out. Theres no point waiting for the next big thing as sometihng else will be on the way when you get it :)

exactly...phone market is a fast moving world with google android signing 66k phones everyday to use its OS...u could buy the desire HD in a few months but next month some other phone will be breathing down its neck...

Advertisement