Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Next Most anticipated??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

DeVore wrote: »
    I got a serious inside view of Dead Space 2 in London with EA and its basically DS 1 with more cool stuff and better. They know they're on to a good thing and they seem to have fixed the dumb parts. It looked really creepy too :)

BulletStorm looked like a serious funny blast with your mates, completely over the top FPS, made for mates to pull off stupid cool kills. Braindead but looked like huge fun at a lan or on saturday night.

For me though, the small indie stuff like Limbo, costing bugger all and made with love and intelligence is where its at at the moment. They are just killing the "big" titles imho. I mean does anyone seriously want to see COD 17 or GEARS OF ARTHRITIS?

DeV.

no but battlefield 23 looks good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I got a serious inside view of Dead Space 2 in London with EA and its basically DS 1 with more cool stuff and better. They know they're on to a good thing and they seem to have fixed the dumb parts. It looked really creepy too :)

I like what im hearing but what are the dumb parts they fixed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Helix wrote: »
    played fallout vegas at e3, and tbh it didnt grab as being particularly good

was missing something i couldnt put my finger on... hopefully that something is a few extra months of development
    In fairness, New Vegas is just a glorified mod. But that's what the fans wanted, so you can hardly blame Bethesda for taking the easy way out. Maybe they'll put in more effort for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

For me though, the small indie stuff like Limbo, costing bugger all and made with love and intelligence is where its at at the moment. They are just killing the "big" titles imho. I mean does anyone seriously want to see COD 17 or GEARS OF ARTHRITIS?

DeV.
    I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before but I think there's room for both the cool indie titles and the big AAA titles to exist together. I'm currently playing Uncharted 2 at the moment and it's utterly fantastic, the cinematic action, fantastic graphics, voice acting and general polish are quite remarkable. Now, an indie studio will never be able to produce a title like this but they can produce utterly fantastic games in their own right.

That being said, there's certainly room in the AAA market for some of the the indie scene's creativeness and/or quirkiness to shine through. For instance, check out Lost In Shadow from Hudson Soft which is coming out for the Wii soon...

And to answer your question, I don't really care about CoD 17 but I sure as hell want Gears Of War 3. Then again, I want FEIST and Fez too. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

BulletStorm looked like a serious funny blast with your mates, completely over the top FPS, made for mates to pull off stupid cool kills. Braindead but looked like huge fun at a lan or on saturday night.

DeV.

Defo. I'm really looking forward to having a shot at this one. Looks like it's putting the Duke Nukem style fun back into FPS', and it about time too if you ask me. I lost interest pretty quick in FPS games when they became more realistic, and less fun. It just didn't appeal to me at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Is Postal 3 ever coming?? All I want in the world is a badger gun :(

Other than that, Medal of Honour, Reach, Fable 3, Gears 3... and Elder Scrolls and HL Episode 3 (laughs a sad kind of laugh...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

humanji wrote: »
    Elite 5 is in the works too, I think, and that would definitely be something that I'd look forward to.
    Elite 5?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Portal 3?

Did I sleep through 2.... ?!?!

DS 2, the missions are less like "orders from a disembodied head telling you go get them stuff" and the aliens are more varied and so are the guns and the shop system is improved (afaicr). Plus you can shoot out glass windows and use the vacuum of space to help you (sucks out all the bad guys, but also you if you arent fast at hitting the safety).

It definitely looked like the old one though.

DeV.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Elite 5?
    Guessing he meant Elite 4 which has been in development limbo since ~2005, ignoring the failed MMORPG attempt from back in 2000. As of earlier this year it seems Frontier aren't working on it anymore though, I assume they're concentrating on getting The Outsider finished. :o

Portal 3?

Did I sleep through 2.... ?!?!.

Were you asleep in 2003?
    2 came out definatly, i think they even made a movie on it, but i could be wrong there

• Advertisement

Is Postal 3 ever coming?? All I want in the world is a badger gun :(
    Portal 3?

Did I sleep through 2.... ?!?!
    Were you asleep in 2003?
    2 came out definatly, i think they even made a movie on it, but i could be wrong there

Epic reading fail. :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It was a hard night last night. Blame Amp and Kharn :p

DeV.

gizmo wrote: »
    Epic reading fail. :D

Ah Portal/Postal. Not like there's a huge difference between them anyway :D

Looks like Limbo as awesome as expected. Eurogamer just gave it 9/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

Gears 3 is too far away.
    4 player co-op :D
    Lambent Berserkers :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm really looking forward to the Scott Pilgrim game, which is out on August 10 on PSN and TBA on XLBA (it's a timed exclusive).

I'm also looking forward to Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, even though I'm not sure what the single player is gonna be like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Personally I cant wait for Assassins Creed...WEll the new one, Bound in blood is it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Personally I cant wait for Assassins Creed...WEll the new one, Bound in blood is it ?

Brotherhood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

gizmo wrote: »
    Looks like Limbo as awesome as expected. Eurogamer just gave it 9/10.

Yes but 1200 points for 3 hours gameplay?

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Yes but 1200 points for 3 hours gameplay?
    Portal offered the same amount of gameplay for the same price. Was that worth it? Hell yes.

The average length of a game these days is ~10hrs. The average price of a game is €50. That works out as €5 per hour. Multiply that by 3 and you have €15, €5 more expensive than Limbo. On top of that, Limbo is 3hrs of focused, fantastic gameplay, not 10hrs of varying quality as is found in many games.

So all in all, is 1200pts for 3hrs of Limbo worth it? **** yes it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Bound in blood thats call of jaurez right ? What a dissapointing game...

Cant wait for the new portal game either :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Mr. K wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to the Scott Pilgrim game, which is out on August 10 on PSN and TBA on XLBA (it's a timed exclusive).

Same, I loves me the Pilgrim. And its been confirmed as a PSN exclusive for just 2 weeks, so out on XBLA on the 23 August or such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Helix wrote: »
    hot pursuit

criterion + nfs franchise = mmmmmmmmm

NO WAY! thats gonna be the nutz. First i heard of it but then i havent had my ear as close to the ground regarding games recently.

Also roll on FIFA 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Pre-ordered Halo Reach,FIFA 11,COD Black Ops & Fable III today can't wait for Fable in Particular.Is anyone else expecting Crysis 2 to get delayed until 2011,the AI was meant to be dreadful at the E3 Demos.

GT5........ most "anticipated" game since Duke Nukem Forever. :rolleyes:

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Dead space 2, assassins creed:brotherhood and gears of war 3....cant wait for them,I loved hot pursuit on the playstaion years ago aswell so I look forward to seeing what the new one is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

Me:

1 - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    2 - Devils Third
    3 - Two Worlds Two

Everyone Else.

1 - Call Of Duty: Black Ops
    2 - Halo Reach
    3 - Medal of Honor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thief 4

Advertisement