Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to finance going back to uni (full fees)?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 6:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Having previously dropped out of first year, I will have to pay full fees for my first year this Sept. There's no way I have that kind of money so I was wondering if anyone can tell me my options. I'll obviously have to take out a loan but are there any special student loans or am I better off getting my parents to take one out (better credit rating)?

Also how much am I looking at paying, I don't quite understand this half-fees thing and who's eligible for it.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Fionn are you going to be a full time student or part time student?
    Will you have an income while in college?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Fionn are you going to be a full time student or part time student?
    Will you have an income while in college?
    Full time. And I won't, unless I can get a job (lord knows I'm trying).

Problem with applying for a grant is I don't know where to apply to/if I am elligible. I grew up in England but I have an Irish passport and I've been living in Ireland for the past 3 years part from summers when I've lived with family in England.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

http://www.studentfinance.ie/

These guys are good for finance & grant info and as every case is different your best off talking to the experts!

In regards to financing without an income of some description you won't be able to get a loan - it sucks big time.
    I'm currently in the position where I'm working full time and in college part time.
    I have to stump up 15k in fees over the next three years, so I'm currently begging the bank to give me a loan so I can continue with the degree.

Advertisement