Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT 15-17/10/2010 EirtaKon 2010 ******Forum meet-up SAT 4PM*****

Options
  • 14-07-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Another year and EirtaKon is quickly approaching!
    garland_logo.png

First Con?
    For those who have yet to make that bold leap to going to a convention, EirtaKon is a primed to give you the best experience. The con is located in Dublin and the team running it have consistently outperformed themselves. With a variety of events you can be assured you will always have something interesting to do and with almost one thousand people in attendance you will make some great friends.

Registration
    The website has recently gotten a face lift and this year's pre-registration is now open, http://eirtakon.com/pre-registration
    paypal.png
    cheque2.png

Events
    There are a number of competitions running over the weekend that attendees can already working towards:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 reccakeys

I visited the site... It's kind a cool. I like it.

Keep it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Spike Spencer is a guest? Fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Thanks for posting up the thread Art_Wolf :)

I'm the PR guy for Eirtakon, if anyone has any questions I'm happy to help!

Eirtakon this year is in The Helix in DCU, which is a feckin' massive place altogether :D So we'll be having the biggest traders hall ever for an anime con in Ireland (about 2.5 times the sieze of last year's I think), a *huuuuge* artists alley, well over a dozen panels and workshops, a few more guests still tba, the usual extensive cosplay tournaments, loads of console & card games, over 30 hours of anime screened and of course the pub quiz on Friday :)

Keep an eye on the site for constant updates over the next month, we're pulling the schedule together as we speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

I will be attending my first con this year, so sorry if this question is stupid. I was wondering is there parking available? or would it be better to catch a taxi /bus from my hotel? Thanks and look forward to seeing some other anime/ manga fans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

vex wrote: »
    I will be attending my first con this year, so sorry if this question is stupid. I was wondering is there parking available? or would it be better to catch a taxi /bus from my hotel? Thanks and look forward to seeing some other anime/ manga fans :D

Depends on where you're staying that is. There's the multi-storey car park in DCU practically right outside the entrance to the Helix, so I really don't think you need to worry about finding a space :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Cool Thanks for the reply

A little update - we got our weekend schedule up online today! So if you're wondering what all the buzz is about and just how far the €20 pre-reg gets you, you can see for yourself here :D

We have a big surprise ready for Saturday night, but we're not announcing that for another week or so :)

Ah, good stuff! Thanks.

Nice choice of anime screenings there, looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Apologies if this was asked before, but is the pub Quiz open to people who aren't going to the con?

I ask this as I'm in DCU for something else that weekend, may as well pop out on Friday.

gearoidof wrote: »
    Apologies if this was asked before, but is the pub Quiz open to people who aren't going to the con?

I ask this as I'm in DCU for something else that weekend, may as well pop out on Friday.

Friday is free in, so yeah it's open to people who aren't going to the con :) Although, by going on the Friday, you're technically going to the con anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

I dunno... If I'm there anyway, and there just happens to be a pub quiz, well, what can we do?

Same thing I'll be doing, sitting down and ordering a beer!

MarkMI6 wrote: »
    Same thing I'll be doing, sitting down and ordering a beer!

Surprised you'll be doing that rather than sitting outside drinking your own homemade beer :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mbtshoes

Nice choice of anime screenings there, looking forward to it

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Surprised you'll be doing that rather than sitting outside drinking your own homemade beer :P

Hehe nah, that'll be Sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 treasar

Super excited now, wahay, second year as staff, epic fun ahoy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gaming schedule looks good guys. Hopefully it'll be better organised than last year... I signed up and missed 2 competitions because I hadn't a clue where the room was :(

Gaming schedule looks good guys. Hopefully it'll be better organised than last year... I signed up and missed 2 competitions because I hadn't a clue where the room was :(

Erk, that sucks, sorry about that! We have a dedicated gaming room this year, it's rather large and will hopefully be better signposted :)

Woo - Street Fighter tourney on the Saturday! Good move, trust me :p

Erk, that sucks, sorry about that! We have a dedicated gaming room this year, it's rather large and will hopefully be better signposted :)

That ^^

If you're still lost, give me a ring, I'll come rescue you :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

I signed up and missed 2 competitions because I hadn't a clue where the room was :(

Indeed that's crap. We'll have the venue plastered with direction signage this year, so if you ever find yourself lost then simply follow the direction arrows on the signs to find your desired room.

Just a general update for everyone, in case you haven't seen already:

1. We've gotten our gaming schedule up, which you can find here - two days, nine tournaments, prizes and some intense fights to be had!
    2. The full list of traders was confirmed last week, and you can gaze upon the roster here - the traders hall is well over two times the size of last year's, making it the biggest ever seen in Ireland. We just hope we can fit all the traders merch in there :D
    3. There will be a bring n buy on Saturday! If you'd like to take part, please register and we'll reserve space for you :) Participants will run their own stalls, however we will check over to make sure only geniune merchandise is being sold. Full details are on the site, make sure to bring lots of post-its!

And now the big one...

MOSHI MOSHI @ EIRTAKON! Ireland's finest DJs bringing the sounds of Tokyo to Dublin, only on Saturday night! We can't wait :)

To all our younger attendees: we haven't forgotten about you! We're working really, really hard to make sure there will be an amazing event on at the same time, same place as Moshi Moshi... stay tuned :)

This makes me excited.

Woo, only a month (ish) to go! :D

Four weeks, one day and about 20 and a half hours until absolute mayhem begins :D

Can you tell I'm a bit nervous now?!

Four weeks, one day and about 20 and a half hours until absolute mayhem begins :D

Can you tell I'm a bit nervous now?!

WOO!

Ah sure, it'll be graaaaaaaaaand. You can drink away your worries at a certain upcoming porty anyway ;)

News just in, the bar will be open til half 12 on both Friday and Saturday nights :D

Also if anyone wants to go just for Moshi Moshi, it's a €5 charge on the door for entry just to the club night (but then you'll be missing out on the rest of the weekend, and you don't wanna do that!)

Hmmm - Do I make take that extra step and go to a convention? :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

YES

Grand so, I'm dragging you along Conor :D

• Advertisement

Hotaru wrote: »
    Grand so, I'm dragging you along Conor :D

Hmm... I love anime, but I've a feeling if I went there I'd be lost in a see of references to animes I've never seen before (which would be all bar about 6 of them). :/
    I might go all the same.:cool:

Advertisement