Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT 15-17/10/2010 EirtaKon 2010 ******Forum meet-up SAT 4PM*****

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭UnionOfV

Hmm... I love anime, but I've a feeling if I went there I'd be lost in a see of references to animes I've never seen before (which would be all bar about 6 of them). :/

Well, at least you'll know what you're looking for in the dealer's den :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Hmmm - Do I make take that extra step and go to a convention? :/

That question even needs to be asked? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Hmm... I love anime, but I've a feeling if I went there I'd be lost in a see of references to animes I've never seen before (which would be all bar about 6 of them). :/
    I might go all the same.:cool:

Hotaru is now officially dragging you to it, you have no choice in the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

****IN YEAH! Pokémon Tourney/Street Fighter Tourney/Mario Kart Tourney one after the other! What an epic win! Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Defo going to try and make it to at least saturday, sunday too if I can swing it...

• Advertisement

More updates!

1. The panels schedule has been released and you can find it here - Spike is doing one panel a day, watch out for 'em!
    2. 2nd guest confirmed! Anna Fitzpatrick is making a very welcome return and will be giving two manga classes this year, you can find all the info here!

The anime screening schedule is just about finalised and will be online in a few days, along with one or two more surprise announcements that we're very excited about :D

Phew, this year is looking to be a massive, massive weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

So. Is everyone all set and super excited for Eirtakon this weekend? :D I know I am!

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday with D4RK ONION in tow and hopefully a few others. Who all else is gonna be around? And if not, why the hell not? :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You damn well better be!

I'll be around all weekend as Death the Kid.

Also, I vote for a boards.ie Animu & Mango meetup at the weekend. :pac:

Can we rename this forum the Animu and Mango forum?! :D

I vote for a meet up too. We'll have each other anyway cherryghost :p Awesome new avatar btw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

SO I won't be going to this.
    But I happen to live right there (last year I found out it was on by walking by a bunch of cosplayers on the way to get some milk :confused:), so there's actually a good chance I'll be around...

• Advertisement

Pygmalion wrote: »
    But I happen to live right there (last year I found out it was on by walking by a bunch of cosplayers on the way to get some milk :confused:), so there's actually a good chance I'll be around...

Pyggy, I am devastated.

However, I demand that you come meet up with me and DO at some point anyway. He misses you y'know. Pines for ya every day. Don't hurt him like this :(

Hotaru wrote: »
    Pyggy, I am devastated.

However, I demand that you come meet up with me and DO at some point anyway. He misses you y'know. Pines for ya every day. Don't hurt him like this :(

I suppose I could, but like, only doing it for DO, I know how upset he'll be if I don't show up and at least pretend to like him.

He doesn't read this thread right?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Fail!

I am super excited. :D Hotaru if I see you I will say hi.:)

I suppose I could, but like, only doing it for DO, I know how upset he'll be if I don't show up and at least pretend to like him.

He doesn't read this thread right?

Eh, I'm fairly certain he doesn't. He has "better" things to be doing than reading this forum ;_;

You're so caring Pyggy. I applaud you. DO will be delighted and I won't have to listen to him moan about the lack of Pygmalion in his life.
    Fail!

I am super excited. :D Hotaru if I see you I will say hi.:)

Yay! :)

But that's just a complete cop-out! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Thanks to a nice rota and well... chance I may pop into this fulfilling my annual tradition of picking up my younger brother's christmas presents.

I'll be cosplaying in my work clothes. You guys love Argos boy right?

TheChrisD wrote: »
    But that's just a complete cop-out! :eek:

Give me €23 plz.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I shall be running around dressed as Aya Natsume!

And I'm up for a boards.ie Animu meet up. Since I'm staffing, I won't be able to attend for long but I will appear to meet and greet and exchange frivolities!

And I'm up for a boards.ie Animu meet up. Since I'm staffing, I won't be able to attend for long but I will appear to meet and greet and exchange frivolities!

I propose picking some time and just meeting at the cafe on the bottom floor. Preferable not when the Maid Café is running. And when I can get a chance to leave the games room and not have everything fall apart up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I propose picking some time and just meeting at the cafe on the bottom floor. Preferable not when the Maid Café is running. And when I can get a chance to leave the games room and not have everything fall apart up there.

Yeah that suits me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

http://eirtakon.com/vbdrupal/node/23

Hows 4pm on Saturday at the Café sound?

Grand. Hopefully the Pokénerds on the top floor will be busy and able to do things by themselves while I skip downstairs for... well, whatever's there :pac:

Sounds good to me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

I might pop down and sat hi if I get chance. I will be so busy running around, running the cosplay events and will maybe be still judging the masquerade at that time.:rolleyes:

Hi folks! Last bit of info for you all... the screening schedule has been released! Take a look at the specials planned for Sunday :)

MarkMI6 wrote: »
    Hi folks! Last bit of info for you all... the screening schedule has been released! Take a look at the specials planned for Sunday :)

Is Rock Band only on at 4.30pm on Sunday or would it be set up all weekend?

Hotaru wrote: »
    Is Rock Band only on at 4.30pm on Sunday or would it be set up all weekend?

It'll be on upstairs for the most of the weekend as more of a "we just put this console and this Rock Band related stuff here, if you just so happen to play it, we're not going to stop you" sort of thing.

On Sunday afternoon, it gets moved to the Space to be more of a "concert gig" :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Lads, I think I know where I'll be spending my weekend! Expert everything baby :cool:

What songs do ye have? My hard drive has a ton of content that I could bring along if you'd like :)

EDIT: Pyggy, you're going on my list. :mad::p

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Lads, I think I know where I'll be spending my weekend! Expert everything baby :cool:

What songs do ye have? My hard drive has a ton of content that I could bring along if you'd like :)

Whatever the hell DCU Games Soc had last year plus possibly anything new bought since then. There'll be enough to go around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

would it be possible to pick up an Eirtakon ticket at the AMS screening on thursday?

Advertisement