Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT 15-17/10/2010 EirtaKon 2010 ******Forum meet-up SAT 4PM*****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Evenin' gents, I can only go on the Saturday this year, anyone know if I have to pay €23 or is there a day ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Tenks wrote: »
    Evenin' gents, I can only go on the Saturday this year, anyone know if I have to pay €23 or is there a day ticket?

Day ticket is 18euro I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

Turns out I'm busy this weekend too with class rep "training". But I may be there on Sunday from 3 or so onwards, but I'm not paying that late in the day, so I may just feck about DCU's campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

We've just booked an extra room in The Helix for Saturday, where we'll be screening anything and everything we can think of, from open til close. It might get a little weird D:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

MarkMI6 wrote: »
    We've just booked an extra room in The Helix for Saturday, where we'll be screening anything and everything we can think of, from open til close. It might get a little weird D:

Kiss X Sis
    B Gata H Kei
    Love Hina
    Bible Black

alllll day long baby :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Also, if anyone wants to PM me their number so we can meet at a proper location at the cafe, that would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Thankfully, I don't think I'll need that, it'll be bloody obvious who I am...

OMG I go looking for when the big anime event is on and I find out it's THIS WEEKEND!

*Hastily changes plans*

As anyone who met me at the gaming afternoon last Sunday will know, I'm a complete noob to all this. Saturday 4pm in the Cafe for Boardsies? I'll be there. :)

Oh! Forgot to mention, we'll be selling Eirtakon mugs, hats, t-shirts and very special limited edition hoodies at the weekend in the traders hall :D Supplies are pretty limited so definitely first come first served!

I edited the thread title to include the meet up plan :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I shall pop in in between staffing duties!!

Oh and try and come to my panels if you can :D

Doing a cosplay make up one with Chou on Saturday and a concept of cosplay one on Sunday with Amy aka Butterscotch :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Today's the day Lords and Ladies! Does everyone have their happy faces on?
    I'm currently rocking it out on the bus to Dublin. OMG the excitement @_@
    Despite never posting here before I'll be sure to scope out that meet up tomorrow =3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I will be there. Look for the guy with the big hair and brown Doc Martins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Day 1 over...

* massive exhale of breath *

Two to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

day 1 was good craic, chilled in the games room for a while and then got lumped in with what was apparently team cork for the pub quiz! not that being abused by the cute MC wasn't fun 8) bring on the rest of the weekend

Funky wrote: »
    not that being abused by the cute MC wasn't fun 8)

That would be me :D

Were you the Dub with Team Cork?

Ah, gotta love Team Cork, they kept me going!!

Glad you had fun, better see you on the morrow!

Oh god, what a night. See y'all tomorrow! Spike's panel was great stuff, everyone needs to go check out his talk on Saturday evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Were you the Dub with Team Cork?

Ah, gotta love Team Cork, they kept me going!!

Yea that was me :P

Nice job on the quiz, was really good fun. Whoever wrote the video round calling Genshiken terrible though... for shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Can you just show up to this thing and pay at the door? Never gone to one before.

Can you just show up to this thing and pay at the door? Never gone to one before.

Yup :) 18 euro for a day ticket, 23 for a weekend pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Hotaru wrote: »
    Yup :) 18 euro for a day ticket, 23 for a weekend pass

Thanks for clearing that up! I was told recently you could only buy tickets for it advance and it almost made me not go!

Had an awesome day today :) Meet up failed miserably but I still got to meet TheChrisD and cherryghost. And I saw Butterscotch when you were judging the cosplay masquerade - your Rei cosplay was awesome. Flawless, seriously! You looked great.

So yea, good day was good!

Guys, so sorry I missed the meet up, but I was helping Amy to judge the cosplay masquerade.

Perhaps I shall see ye on the morrow? Met up with Alan already, but don't have a clue what the rest of you look like!

If you're looking for me, I'm the Aya Natsume that will probably be looking stressed out!

Yeah no worries! Last night was fun. Kinda hungover. I'll meet some of ye at the games room I guess! And well done to the three judges yesterday :P

Guys, so sorry I missed the meet up, but I was helping Amy to judge the cosplay masquerade.

Perhaps I shall see ye on the morrow? Met up with Alan already, but don't have a clue what the rest of you look like!

If you're looking for me, I'm the Aya Natsume that will probably be looking stressed out!

Oh! You were the other judge then! I love, love, LOVE your wig :D Ack, you came around selling us Gamer Expo tickets or something later in the games room - I was the girl in the purpley dress with the group of guys who are running the SSFIV stand at Gamer Expo so had no interest in what you were saying :p You probably didn't even notice me but I can't believe I didn't realise it was you!

Anyway, I'll say hello if I see you again today :) Same with everyone!

Hotaru wrote: »
    Had an awesome day today :) Meet up failed miserably but I still got to meet TheChrisD and cherryghost. And I saw Butterscotch when you were judging the cosplay masquerade - your Rei cosplay was awesome. Flawless, seriously! You looked great.

So yea, good day was good!

+1 meet-up failure! If anyone noticed a fella in a navy hoodie wandering around looking & acting confused, that was me! :S

Still, got to know & see some fantastic artists IRL, will be spending a lot of time on deviantart over the next few days!

Also, if I'd known I could get away with TF2 cosplay (need a cash dispenser here!), I'd have got my BLU Engy on. Ah well, Engy's going to make himself known over the next few weeks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

It was pretty awkward getting up and down in the Saturday. I won't do that next year, I'll have to find somewhere to stay for the weekend.

This weekend was great. Far better than last year! Delighted. Met some random Danish Naruto fans and got drunk with them last night at Moshi Moshi :P Spikes Panels were awesome. The workshops were interesting too, and the food there was a nice touch too :)

And much kudos to Chris, Mark, Amy, Fiona and everyone else whom I don't know. You all did a fantastic job this year!

Another great day :D Highlight was watching Lucky Star this afternoon - SUCH a funny anime! I love it - wanted to buy the DVD but couldn't afford it ;_; Had some games on Rock Band, borrowed a manga or two, watched some more anime - twas good stuff. I saw about half of the AMV competition and was pretty impressed!

Oh and I got this AWESOME Hatsune Miku keyring which is infinitely better than the "propertdevelopers.ie" one I was given with my house keys :p

So yea, good job everyone, I had a great time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

You guys were much quieter than last year, I slept in 'til almost 2PM today undisturbed.
    gg guys, great con.

Advertisement