Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVENT 15-17/10/2010 EirtaKon 2010 ******Forum meet-up SAT 4PM*****

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Twas good craic, was absolutely exhausted by the end of the closing ceremony. Didn't go to see as much as I did in previous years, mainly due to laziness. Mostly just hung out and played some games.

Wandered around the cafe area just after 4 on the Saturday but couldn't spot any boardsies I might recognise :(

Great job to the organisers & staff as usual. I shall be there again next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Good stuff thar lads, t'was a good aul con!
    The few hours I spent trying to flog my wares at the Bring n' Buy gives me a new appreciation for how tiring it must be to man a stand in the trade hall full time. Those guys deserve a medal =/
    Does anyone have any links to any galleries of photos from the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

It is wrong for me to say that I'm glad that the meet-up failed seeing as I was busy running Pokémon until about twenty past? :P
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    You guys were much quieter than last year, I slept in 'til almost 2PM today undisturbed.

Thankfully since we were in the Helix, and not the Hub :D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Thanks for all the kind words folks :) The weekend was pretty amazing and we already have lots of ideas for next year, we're gonna kick it into ultra hyperdrive or something like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Thanks Hotaru and Cherryghost for your compliments. I am glad you all had fun. Thanks so much Fiona for helping me out, I would have been lost without you. I am a downer right now. My biggest highlight from the con was freaking loads of people out with my red eyes. There was such a hassle to get use to but so worth it. The cosplays were amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

The event itself was really well done. Everything was well organised and the staff were very friendly. The second floor toilets were constantly being cleaned though :P.

The amv competition was awesome. I clapped wildly at even the "not so great" ones because of the effort they clearly put it. Good work guys!

My highlight was boogey oogeying on the Saturday night. Was really good fun! I can't dance but the lovely Butterscotch stopped me from looking too stupid. It's amazing how much more fun dancing is with a pretty girl like her. (tip for the "I can't dance" brigade!) Hopefully the Saturday night event is on next year too :D.

Looking forward to next year and hopefully cosplaying. Got all kinds of ideas :D.

My highlight was boogey oogeying on the Saturday night. Was really good fun! I can't dance but the lovely Butterscotch stopped me from looking too stupid. It's amazing how much more fun dancing is with a pretty girl like her. (tip for the "I can't dance" brigade!) Hopefully the Saturday night event is on next year too :D.

Thanks, Saturday night was great fun.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

I hope I helped you out enough Amy!! Loved being your assistant :D

Funky, have to say sorry bout when you came up to me on Sunday evening.
    I was so shattered after the whole weekend and my interactive/social skills failed me, so sorry that I didn't chat more. It was lovely of you to come up and introduce yourself tho, hopefully I'll be more functional next time I meet you! :pac:

Hotaru, I'm so sorry I didn't realise it was you!! My friend organised the Gamer Expo so I was going around with him trying to sell tickets. When I got to your group he had to explain to me that you were the Street Fighter Crew and didn't need tickets!! ;)

Wish I recognised you so we could have had a chat :( Next time though!!

Oh and I loved my wig too at the start of the weekend, but by Sunday it was pissing me off so much, it kept going all messy and tangled >.<

Funky, have to say sorry bout when you came up to me on Sunday evening.
    I was so shattered after the whole weekend and my interactive/social skills failed me, so sorry that I didn't chat more. It was lovely of you to come up and introduce yourself tho, hopefully I'll be more functional next time I meet you! :pac:

Hah it's grand, I was pretty out of it too to be honest. Brain was barely functioning at that point and didn't even think to exchange real names :P (Bernard by the way). Was great to meet you though and your cosplay was pretty awesome.

Pity the meetup failed would have liked to have met more of you peoples :(

Funky wrote: »

Pity the meetup failed would have liked to have met more of you peoples :(

*cough* why not try organise another meet up in town sometime.;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sounds like a good idea

Yea that'd be cool alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

It was my first Eirtakon, and I must say was very impressed! Wish I could have met some of you guys but wouldn't have the faintest idea who's who. Might have recognized cherryghost since I bought a graphics card off him a while ago :P . Only down side was told it was discouraged to take pictures because there was kids around and the whole child protection thing. So didn't get to take to many pictures :(

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

I enjoyed the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

There was a post Eirtakon meetup last year at Wagamamas. That was a bit of a lark =D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There was also a post Eirtakon meet up in Burger King. Sorry, only fighting game champs (and partners) were allowed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Need to get more meetups during the year, have one in Caaark like.

Advertisement