Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish course or tuition for 16 year old.

Options
  • 14-07-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone,
    I hope some one can help. My daughter is thinking of doing honours irish for leaving cert. (she did ordinary level for junior cert). We were looking for an Irish course to get the ball rolling. preferably one starting soon. I did do a search, but did not find anything. Thank you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 puglet

Thank you Biko.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tá fáilte romhat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

you could also ask in the Leaving Cert forum if anyone knows of one in galway. think there's a Grinds sticky there as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Would you send her to the Gaeltacht? There might still be places in some colleges. Or she could do a day course, where they take a bus out to a college in the morning and back again in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Fizzical

Nuggles wrote: »
    Would you send her to the Gaeltacht? There might still be places in some colleges. Or she could do a day course, where they take a bus out to a college in the morning and back again in the evening.

I couldn't recommend the Gaeltacht highly enough. My children got such a kick out of being out there that each of them insisted on going for 3 summers. Not only did they become fluent in Irish but became very keen to learn it. Two of them went on to get the Dioploma sa Gaeilge in University as an extra to their degrees, purely on the love for it they gained in Irish college. I'm very proud of them!

Advertisement