Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gears 2 next bonus XP event is in our hands

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

****, I want someone to party up with... What chieves you boosting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm just going Level 100. I already have everything else rank and Horde related. After this, I just need to finish up a few of those other playlist achievements (like meatflags, guardian wins and the like).

Any chance I could join those sessions?

Get on TA, and you should be able to join no problem.

I'm due in a Security Horde boosting one at half two that has a slot open, so sign up and join in if you want a go. http://www.trueachievements.com/GamingSession.aspx?GamingSessionid=22846

(Security boosting = Do one wave of Horde on Security on Insane. There should be only 3 or 4 enemies, on Memorial I encountered only 2 Butchers and a Grinder. Kill them, earn 5000XP, then we all suicide and restart at Wave 1. Rinse and repeat non-stop.)

Em... bit late for me, but thanks anyway =D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'm in a boosting session at the moment and the amount of points you get is unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Moiph wrote: »
    I'm in a boosting session at the moment and the amount of points you get is unreal!

Yep.

Started today on level 64. Currently on level 85. Hope to have level 100 sometime tomorrow.

EDIT: Level 91 now.

Here's hoping I can gain a fair few levels today. Had a 2.5 hours Horde boosting session last night and only went from Lvl51 to Lvl61 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Here's hoping I can gain a fair few levels today. Had a 2.5 hours Horde boosting session last night and only went from Lvl51 to Lvl61 :mad:

If you're going to boost, King of the Hill is the way to go imo, nearly 500,000 exp every ~40 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Anyone playing soon? I'm just downloading the all fronts pack now, going to try KoTH after

• Advertisement

Ha! I went into matchmaking and about 2 seconds after the search started, RRoD :pac:

Lets see if it sticks :rolleyes:

Got to level 100 earlier today. Would never have even bothered if it wasn't 20x XP. The people who got to level 100 without these special XP events must be sick, pretty much everyone will have them wings now.

I'm level 84 now so I should get to 100 over the weekend. In a boosting session at the moment.

I also realised I don't have the 4 wins on the snowblind maps as part of the level 100 achievement! Is there a way to boost those wins?

On Level 82 right now. Got to 79 boosting KotH, and then picked up another three levels while boosting the "Beat the Meatflag" with people. Annoying that it's still only halfway there though :mad:
    Moiph wrote: »
    Is there a way to boost those wins?

Just ask whoever you're boosting with to make it so that whatever team you're on wins on the Snowblind maps. :)

I've been doing that tonight. Just got to level 100. Now I just need a win on the Courtyard map!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jaych1000

Does anyone know if/when there's another XP event?

Jaych1000 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if/when there's another XP event?

halloween weekend 31x xp

Might as well put a bit more info from the gears site up here
    We’ve been racking our brains for a solid pun to describe this kick-ass Gears of War 2 XP event, but unfortunately, all the good ones—“Shocktober,” “Rocktober,” and so on—have already been claimed by soda companies and extreme sport events. Screw it, the awesome speaks for itself: In celebration of tomorrow’s Gears 2 Games on Demand release, earn 4x XP in Gears 2 multiplayer from October 12-28. In honor of Halloween, that figure skyrockets to an incredible 31x XP from October 29 to November 1. Go forth and boost thy rank!

That 30xp event is brilliant. Get your wings poeple if you plan on getting Gears 3. Rod Ferguson said it will be relevant to something in Gears 2, maybe a weapon unlock or something.

Advertisement