Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This weekend?

Options
  • 14-07-2010 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

Howdy weather fans. Can somebody advise me as to wether it would be a good idea to go camping this weekend or will it be another rainfest like it was last weekend?

I know i won't get any accurate info but what do you lot think? Yes or no to a bit of outdoors leisure? Don't mind a bit of drizzle but im not staying couped up in a tent if its going to bucket down for hours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Tomorrow should be pretty dry, sunday fairly wet. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Can I ask where you get your info as I've a BBQ on Sunday either to say is going ahead or cancelling in the next hour or so. :cool: Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Larianne wrote: »
    Can I ask where you get your info as I've a BBQ on Sunday either to say is going ahead or cancelling in the next hour or so. :cool: Thanks

This forecast won't be far off, but sometimes you can be lucky,

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Dublin/Dublin/detailed_long.html

Doesn't really look like BBQ weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

2moro will be sunshine and showers, sunday will be a washout.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Cancelled BBQ. Thanks guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Well what a disaster.

West cork;

Friday was pleasant enough with some decent sunshine, nice clear night. Saturday around 4 in afternoon all hell broke loose in the form of deep gray rainclouds. Lashed for the remainder of the weekend.
    Rain never ceased. Eased off a bit around 3 today so i packed up tent & belongings & went home. Off course i got soaked in the process.

Not going camping again unless i have a reliable source assuring me of decent weather. I don't mind a bit of rain but this weekend was the worst ive experienced in a long time.

Is this going to be the worst summer ever? Looking like it so far. Another non-summer.

Advertisement