Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.223/5.56mm ammo prices and availability? Also is a S/A restricted?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Guess most of you have missed out on seeing THIS from Ruger -

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-Mini14Target.htm

Been out around three years now.

Nice and non-aggressive-looking for those offended by black guns of any kind.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Guess you didnt read my post then??;):D.From what I hear,it is still giving awful trouble with barrel harmonics.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Hibrion wrote: »
    Ya. They have several variants though. The ranch rifle is just the basic one I think.
    They have target models and folding stock models with weaver rails everywhere on them. Trying to be something they just aren't.

Ruger did bring our a 223 AR style rifle this year too I think.

Nor mine either;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Apologies, gentlemen -

a. I have heard nothing about awful barrel harmonics from the owners of the two I've encountered in the USA, and

b. I understood that the gun being mentioned by Mr hibrion was not in .223.

Put it down to old age, infirmity and general decrepitude.

And yes, the Ruger SR-556 - looks a lot like an AR-15 - is a great piece of kit - gas piston-driven and all. We were picking up brass from thirty feet away. Our local dealer sold all 150 of them in less than a week this time last year, although the manic rush post inaugration seems to have died down somewhat by now.

tac

Sounds like it is trying to compete with HK in the brass throwing competition.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

tac foley wrote: »
    Apologies, gentlemen -

a. I have heard nothing about awful barrel harmonics from the owners of the two I've encountered in the USA, and

b. I understood that the gun being mentioned by Mr hibrion was not in .223.

Put it down to old age, infirmity and general decrepitude.

And yes, the Ruger SR-556 - looks a lot like an AR-15 - is a great piece of kit - gas piston-driven and all. We were picking up brass from thirty feet away. Our local dealer sold all 150 of them in less than a week this time last year, although the manic rush post inaugration seems to have died down somewhat by now.

tac

I think the rifles I was talking about are available in 223.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr556/models.html

http://www.ruger.com/products/mini14TargetRifleLaminate/models.html

If you are referring to something else I stand corrected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

mini 14 looks ok at nearly half the price of the Sr 556!

It also looks some what closer to a typical hunting rifle design which might help!:confused:

Dont think TBH it would make that much of a difference Its still an evilll "idoanlikedelookodat!" semi auto that might be used by "dem A Team fellahs on De Telly!":rolleyes:. But worth a try.If you can get it's big brother,the Garand in 308 or 06.Why not the same system in in a smaller calibre?
    You could always try Remmington or Browning,they make total civillian semi hunting rifles for years now in the Woodsmaster line or the BAR.They dont do them in .223 ASFIK,but from 243 up to and beyond 30.06 .It is a very proven design and ,doesnt have all the evillll military features,and hasnt been used b y any army or police force ASFIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

+ 1 for ruger mini 14 and 30s having barrel harmonics (the mini 30 was 7.62x 39 :):):) )

Yes rugger brought out another AR platform.... just what the world needs ! IMO there are already far many out there as is....

Sure its "different"... its piston driven (about time the AR platform caught up) but converstion kits have been out for existing rifles for years and several manufacturers already build rifles to this spec.

Not forgetting the most important part.... there all the same gun !

While every tom dick and harry makes there own AR platform there are only a handfull of companies making the lower.... every1 purchases off them and because of this alot of ARs "rattle" because of differences in uppers and lowers

What your paying for really is the upper and the quality of parts placed in/on the rifle (or piston in the case of the US)

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Sounds like it is trying to compete with HK in the brass throwing competition.:D

I donno about that... does it also destroy the casing so that if 1 were in a land of sane laws it would be possible to reload ?? :)

• Advertisement

There is a drop in bit for the HK91/93 that deals with the dimpled lips on your brass.As for the typical HK case striations[Zebra stripes] that isnt a problem with reloading either.They can be polished out.IF we could reload here that is...:rolleyes:

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    There is a drop in bit for the HK91/93 that deals with the dimpled lips on your brass.As for the typical HK case striations[Zebra stripes] that isnt a problem with reloading either.They can be polished out.IF we could reload here that is...:rolleyes:

Had the case deflector..... and with carry handle......and the mil surp scope..... and the suppressor .......and :P:P:P :P

again....IF !

Guessed you would have...;):D

Advertisement