Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Kimmage

Options
  • 14-07-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the new Tesco in Kimmage is going to open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭DFB BOY

not too sure,heard a rumour alright that there was one opening,they opened one in Crumlin Village there last year alrite but nothing advertised so far for the new one although i think Superquinn in Sundrive rules the roost around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It'll be in the papers in the morning, they did a launch of new stores with opening dates today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

DFB BOY wrote: »
    i think Superquinn in Sundrive rules the roost around the area.

It's just so expensive though :(

cosmic wrote: »
    It's just so expensive though :(
    I admit some of their prices are a bit ott but they do have some great offers running most of the time,all depends what you do be going in for but does be worth having a look around and snagging a few bargains now and again :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

where in kimmage will it be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I admit some of their prices are a bit ott but they do have some great offers running most of the time,all depends what you do be going in for but does be worth having a look around and snagging a few bargains now and again :D:D

Yeah but I end up getting destracted by all their nice breads and cheeses and before I know it my basket's full of lots of really expensive stuff!

where in kimmage will it be
    just read in the papers there the new lot of tescos opening up,the one in kimmage will create 16 new jobs so has to be a damn small one if thats the case,i live around the area and heard a rumour it will be just down past the ladbrookes betting shop on kimmage road,there has been a vacant shop there the last while,think it used to be a motorbike shop so plenty of space out the back,there is a centra just up from it so will have plenty to choose from if it does open there :)

cosmic wrote: »
    Yeah but I end up getting destracted by all their nice breads and cheeses and before I know it my basket's full of lots of really expensive stuff!
    tell me bout it,myself and the missus went in there a couple of weeks ago for a few bits,ended up spending over a 100 euro,not just on food and drink,ended up leaving with a garden swing for the back aswell :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

If it's 16 new staff then it looks as if it's a Tesco Express that is opening, rather than a full-blown Tesco. I can't think offhand of any empty premises in Kimmage that would be big enough to house a main store either.

The new(ish) ones in Crumlin Village, Dolphin's Barn & Thomas St are all Tesco Express, which don't really have as big a selection of goods, or as many of the bargains or special offers that are available in the main stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

i live around the area and heard a rumour it will be just down past the ladbrookes betting shop on kimmage road,there has been a vacant shop there the last while,think it used to be a motorbike shop

I remember that motorbike shop!

I grew up in the area but moved in my teens. As I recall, at the time, Crumlin Shopping Centre (next to the Garda station and the Swimming Pool) and the local Superquinn in Kimmage always provided the local shopping experience

Many a happy experience fishing in the river Poddle, not that we ever caught anything, it was that filthy

• Advertisement
Advertisement